The element of cohesion which circulates in our body is termed as Kapha. This Kapha element is responsible for the natural cohesion and lubrication of the bodily pathways. As per the classical Ayurvedic texts such as Charak Samhita, the body is composed of three main elements or Doshas namely Vata, Pitta and Kapha which when present in their natural form, maintain the body and perform the required tasks.
But when any one of them is disturbed, there is an upheaval in the natural system and as a result, we are a victim of a particular disease. This also indicates that some of the positive planetary influences have been distorted and hence, there is a requirement of rectification.
Out of these three elements, the Kapha element makes the move by balancing the cohesion in the body.Kapha forms the major element of importance in the immune and respiratory system of human body. As per ayurvedic texts, the number of diseases due to Kapha disturbance are 10 in number since they involve malfunctioning of the respiratory aspect of the system.
The Kapha element of the body is divided into five types, each of which is located in different parts of the body. The five types of Kapha are
|S.No.||Subtypes of Kapha||Locations||Actions|
|1.||Kledaka||Upper part of stomach||Lubricates the food, helps them to mix with juices, forms a protective covering over the inner line of gastric mucosa.|
|2.||Tarpaka||Head and sinus cavities.||Keep the nose, mouth, eyes moist and well protected.|
|3.||Bodhaka||Tongue||Salivation and primary lubrication of food, Taste identification.|
|4.||Shleshmaka||Joints||Lubrication of joints|
|5.||Avlambaka||Chest, lungs and lower back.||Keeps the chest, lungs, and back very strong, facilitates strong muscles and protects the heart.|
The major place of location of Kapha element is the joints, which is indicated by the synovial fluidwhich is responsible for the greasing and lubrication of the joints.
Kapha element is responsible for functions like taste identification, sweetness, plumpness, cohesion etc. The principal action of Kapha is to regulate the cohesive activity and the soothing activities.
As per Vedic astrology, there are some planets and their associated zodiac signs which are associated with the Kapha element. The planets and the zodiac signs have earth element as their essential principle and hence, they become Kapha planets. They are as follows:
Zodiac signs: Taurus, Cancer, Pisces
Planets: Moon, Venus (primary), Jupiter (primary) Saturn (secondary),
These planets have their central element of support as earth and hence, when they become the Lagna planet or have an effect on the central houses of the Kundali chart, the influence of these planets causes disturbance or regulation of Kapha in the body of the individual. Depending upon their own positions in the Kundali, these planets have their multiple effects on the Kapha element and hence, the effect can be seen in miniscule or macroscopic form.
The Kapha element is affected by many of the processes happening inside the body, primarily digestion. When digestion is impaired, the undigested food becomes cold and increases Kapha production. Therefore, the food must be allowed to digest itself completely so as to allow complete regulation of the Kapha movement.
There are six tastes as per ayurvedic texts, viz. Sweet, Sour, Salty, Bitter, Hot and Astringent. The tastes are beneficial for Kapha balancing are bitter, astringent and hot and the rest three are helpful in Kapha aggravation. Therefore, a diet comprising of hot, bitter and astringent taste shall be helpful in the balancing of Kapha.
Properties of Kapha:
The physical characteristics of a Kapha person are:
- Frame: Large
- Weight: Heavy
- Skin: Thick, oily, cool, pale and fair.
- Hair: Thick, oily, dark or light.
- Teeth: Strong, white and well formed.
- Eyes: Big, attractive, blue, thick eyelashes.
- Forehead: Large & broad.
- Neck: Large and thick.
- Eye lashes: Large, thick, oily and firm.
- Nose: Thick, big, oily and firm.
- Voice: Pleasant, deep, good tone.
- Speech: Slow, monotonous and melodious.
- Nails: Thick, oily waxy and lustrous.
- Sweating: Slow to start but not profuse.
- Faeces: Normal.
- Urine: Moderate and clear.
- Pulse rate: Broad, slow and moves like a swan.
- Physical activity: Lethargic.
- Sleep: Heavy, prolonged and excessive.
- Thirst: Slight.
- Appetite: Slow and steady.
- Joints: Firm and large.
- Circulation: Moderate.
- Endurance: High.
- Habits/Hobbies: Water, sailing, flowers, cosmetics, business ventures, cooking.
- Tendency to contract disease (type): Retention of water, Kapha diseases.
- Tendency to spend: Spends slowly and saves money.
The mental characteristics of a Kapha person are:
- Mind: Calm, slow, receptive.
- Emotion: Greedy, attached and self content.
- Faith: Steady and loyal.
- Memory: Slow but prolonged.
- Dream Running: Watery/Ocean.
- Mental nature: Slow, definite and not talkative.
- Neurotic tendencies: Depression, unresponsiveness and sorrow.
- Temperament: Content and conservative.
- Positive emotions: Love.
- Negative emotions: Attachment.
Kapha Mental nature according to the 3 Guna’s:
- Sattvic (Pure): Calm, peaceful, content, stable, consistent, loyal, loving, compassionate, forgiving, patient, devoted, receptive, nurturing, supportive, strong faith.
- Rajasic: Controlling, attached, greedy, materialistic, sentimental, needing security, seeking comfort and luxury.
- Tamasic: Dull, gross, lethargic, apathetic, slothful, coarse, slow comprehension, insensitive and a thief.
Signs of increased Kapha in a person:
- Decreased Agni.
- Hunger goes down.
- More salivatory secretions.
- Tone of muscles will reduce.
- More sleep.
- Accumulation of fluid.
Signs of decreased Kapha in a person:
- Hollowness in organs.
- Feel palpations (Mucus around the heart).
- Weakness in joints.
The methods to balance Kapha are just opposite to the nature of Kapha. The regular use of pure unadulterated honey helps a lot in regulation of Kapha.
For more details on Gem Therapy or Puja, you can visit our website www.shubhpuja.com
Our body comprises of three elements Vata (air), Pitta (bile) and Kapha. The element of heat which circulates in our body is termed as Pitta. This Pitta element is responsible for the movement of nutrition and the bodily functions related to balance of body temperature. An equitable balance among three doshas, provide vitality and health to human beings.
But when any one of them is disturbed, it upsets the equilibrium and we stand suffering from variety of diseases. According to Vedic treaties in Vedic astrology, the movement in zodiac and transit effect of planetary influence is largely responsible for such health issues.
Pitta plays a vital role in the movement of nutrition on the body. Pitta forms the major element of importance in the digestive system of human body. As per ayurvedic texts, the number of diseases due to Pitta disturbance are 20 in number since they involve malfunctioning of the digestive aspect of the system.
The Pitta element of the body is divided into five types, each of which is located in different parts of the body. The five types of Pitta are
|S.No.||Subtypes of Pitta||Locations||Actions|
|1.||Pachaka||Lower part of stomach and small intestine||Digestion|
|2.||Ranjaka||Liver, spleen, stomach||Formation of blood|
|3.||Sadhaka||Heart / Brain||Effect on mental function – fear/bravery, calmness / anger confusion / clarity|
|5.||Bhrajaka||Skin||Temperature regulation, sweating, color and complexion|
Pitta element is located in the Liver, which secretes the digestive juices moving into stomach.
Pitta plays important role in regulating the digestive processes in the body and ensure that nutrition reaches to every part of our body.
As per Vedic astrology, there are some planets and their associated zodiac signs which are associated with the Pitta element. The planets and the zodiac signs have fire element as their essential principle and hence, they become pitta planets. They are as follows:
Zodiac signs: Aries, Leo, Sagittarius, Scorpio
Planets: Mars, the Sun, Jupiter (secondary), Ketu.
These planets have their central element of support as fire and hence, when they become the Lagna planet or have an effect on the central houses of the Kundali chart, the influence of these planets causes disturbance or regulation of Pitta in the body of the individual. Depending upon their own positions in the Kundali, these planets have their multiple effects on the Pitta element and hence, the effect can be seen in microscopic form.
There are six tastes as per ayurvedic texts, viz. Sweet, Sour, Salty, Bitter, Hot and Astringent. The tastes are beneficial for Pitta balancing are sweet, astringent and bitter and the other aggravate Pitta. Diet comprising of sweet, bitter and astringent taste shall be helpful in the balancing of Pitta.
Properties of Pitta:
The physical characteristics of a Pitta person are:
- Frame: Moderate.
- Weight: Moderate.
- Skin: Soft, oily, warm & yellowish.
- Hair: Soft, oily & goes Grey early.
- Teeth: Moderate, soft and bleeding gums.
- Eyes: Sharp, Grey or Yellow.
- Forehead: Moderate with folds.
- Neck: Medium.
- Eye lashes: Small, thin and fine.
- Nose: Medium.
- Voice: High pitch, sharp, moderate & good.
- Speech: Sharp, clear and cutting.
- Nails: Soft and Pink.
- Sweating: Profuse but not enduring.
- Faeces: Soft and loose.
- Urine: Profuse and Yellow.
- Pulse rate: Moderate, jumps like a frog.
- Physical activity: Moderate.
- Sleep: Little but sound.
- Thirst: High.
- Appetite: Good and sharp.
- Joints: Loose.
- Circulation: Good.
- Endurance: Moderate but focused.
- Habits/Hobbies: Likes competitive sports, debates, politics, hunting and research.
- Tendency to contract disease (type): Disease of heat infection, blood and liver.
- Tendency to spend: Spends moderately and methodically.
The mental characteristics of a Pitta person are:
- Mind: Aggressive and intelligent.
- Emotion: Aggressive and irritable.
- Faith: Determined.
- Memory: Sharp.
- Dream Running: Fiery, angry, passionate & swimming.
- Mental nature: Intelligent, argumentative & convincing.
- Neurotic tendencies: Angry, irritable and contentious.
- Temperament: Motivated.
- Positive emotions: Courage
- Negative emotions: Anger.
Signs of increased Pitta in a person:
- Yellowish appearance in urine, faeces, skin, eyes (jaundice).
- Sharp hunger (even more so than usual).
- Sharp thirst (even more so than usual).
- Burning sensations.
- Little sleep, fiery and angry.
Signs of de-creased Pitta in a person:
- Feeling of coldness.
- Glow of texture of the skin goes down.
The methods to balance Pitta are just opposite to the nature of Pitta. The regular use of Indian Cow Ghee helps a lot in regulation of Pitta.
Gem therapy is highly beneficial in regulating Pitta. Based on horoscope analysis, use of stones like Ruby, Yellow Sapphire, Cats eye and red coral can greatly improve Pitta Dosha.
In our ancient literature, there are numerous pujas/yagnas which can be performed for regulating Pitta or other doshas.
For more details on Gem Therapy or Puja, you can visit our website www.shubhpuja.com
The zodiacal sign of Taurus commences on April 20th, but being overlapped by the ‘cusp’ of the previous sign, it does not come into its full power until on or about April 27th. From this date onwards it’s in full strength until on or about May 20th.
- People born in this zodiac sign have a curious power of dominating others, even when not conscious of trying to do so.
- They are very unyielding in their determination, and are often called ‘stiff-necked’ and obstinate, but when they love they are most yielding and pliable of all.
- They have great endurance, both physical and mental, and can pass through enormous strains of fatigue as long as the excitement or determination lasts.
- They have great ability to commit to memory from books. Often very successful in literary works.
- They make wonderful hosts and hostesses, and have great taste about food, and in the management of their houses they can make much out of little.
- They have good business intuition, and are generally considered richer than they are due to their dress style.
- They are governed by their sensations and by their loving nature, but affection has a great hold on them than passion.
- They are generous to utmost degree and will do any sacrifice for their loved ones.
- Neither men nor women born in this period should marry early as their first marriage is usually a mistake.
- They are too easily misled by their emotions, sensations, or affections.
- They forgive at the slightest show of feelings or kindness, and this side of their nature makes them do stupid acts.
- They have an innate sense of harmony, rhythm, and colour, and often succeed in music, poetry and art.
- They make the most faithful friends; also excellent public servants, officials, or as heads in the Government positions in the army.
- They usually suffer from health issues like throat problem, nasal cavities and upper part of the lungs.
- Most favourable colours to them are all shades of blue. Red is an exciting colour for them so it should be preferred as little as possible.
- The birth stones for this period are emeralds, turquoises, and lapis lazuli.
The zodiacal sign of Aries commences on March 21st, but for seven days, being overlapped by the ‘cusp’ of the previous sign, it doesn’t come unto full power until March 27th. From this date it is in full strength until April 19th.
- People born in this zodiac sign have usually strong will power and great obstinacy of purpose.
- They are born fighters in every sense of the world and have the greatest ability as organisers on a large scale.
- They seem naturally to resent all criticism, and the only way to offset this in them is by quiet logic, reason, and proof.
- They are intensely independent in work. They must do everything in their own way, and if interfered by others they generally step back.
- They crave for more affection and sympathy more than anything else, be they men or women.
- The material power and success is bestowed upon them and there is no limit to it.
- They are inclined to lack caution, being by nature impulsive and quick in thought and action.
- They go to extremes in all things, and are frank and outspoken, and inclined to make enemies by want of tact.
- Person born in this sign seldom get through life without receiving cuts, wounds, or blows to the head, either from accidents or violence.
- They overwork their brains and are inclined to suffer from all kind of problems concerned with the head like headache, trouble with the eyes, eruptions on face and head and so on.
- The most suitable colours for them are all shades of red, rose, crimson and pink.
- The birth stones for this period are rubies, garnets, and bloodstones.
The zodiacal sign of Aquarius commences on January 21st, but for seven days, being overlapped by the ‘cusp’ of the previous sign, it does not come into full power until January 28th. Similarly from this date onwards it is in full strength until February 19th.
- These people are generally lonely in life; they are over sensitive, and easily wounded in their feelings.
- They read character instinctively, and for this reason they see through people too easily.
- They are not demonstrative in affection, but feel very deeply.
- If they like they fight to the bitter end for their friend or family, but if they dislike then they are just as intense as they belong to lower plane of humanity.
- They are usually high-strung, and their nerves are generally overwrought. Being over hyper, they usually say or do things that they regret later.
- They are very active for the public welfare, and will give their best to relieve the stress of others.
- They are good reasoners, and are very successful in debate and arguments.
- They are excellent in business and finance when they apply their minds to such things. They have visions, imagination and invention.
- They have a controlling power and often subdue others with their eyes.
- Their greatest fault is that it generally takes some sudden call of circumstances to make them ‘make the most of themselves’.
- They are inclined in ordinary conditions to let their opportunities slip, or realise them only when it is too late.
- They have their best bond with those born from May 21 to June 20 and September 21 to October 20 or 27; by adding the seven days of cusp.
- They usually suffer from stomach issues, and delicacy of eyes due to bad circulation.
- The favourable colours for them are all shades of electric blues and electric greys.
- The birth stones for the period are sapphires, pink topazes, and moonstones.