Gems are a source of abundant energy. Besides being an article of beauty, nature has bestowed them with extra ordinary powers of healing and changing your aura. From time immemorial sages have identified unique benefits of various stones and herbs after thorough research. In Vedic astrology yagna, herbs and minerals are integral part of helping people in improving their fortune and wandering off the evil influences.
Our body is a part of cosmic Universe. Various forms of energy influence our body. Excess or deficiency of various forms of energy results into adverse effects on our life. According to Ayurveda, the ancient science of healing from Vedic civilization, our body comprises of three elements- Vak (Air), Pitta (bile) and Kapha (cough). For a healthy life these elements should have an optimal balance. Any disturbance among them causes us different type of ailments.
Each gem represents a different colour of rainbow; some are even combination of few colours. Wearing recommended gems helps us to attract concentrated energy from universe, which affects our various chakras. However the gem selection is a very scientific subject, it can be done only after studying the horoscope and transit of planets at a given time. Many people have a habit of multiple gems or stones, which may be harmful.
It is akin to over reacting or diverting energy in multiple directions. In subsequent posts we will apprise our readers with qualities of various gems, suitability of gems according to horoscope and transit and stones for different problems for the people, viz a viz health, prosperity, success, financial gains etc.
In the form of Gems nature has given us unique gift; a proper selection of Gems can change our life for better. Om Tatsave Namah!
The difficult situations or the ‘unresolved issues’ keeps on hindering our peaceful life. They have a very powerful effect on human life. As these issues or turmoil stay strong within the system, at times stretched over a long period of time, they impact almost all spheres of life. One keeps on holding the grudges and arguments throughout their life.
Here are a few ways to get over such turmoil and cherish the true nature of life.
Let go – What has happened is a matter of the past and it should not be allowed to stick up in the mind. Just let it go and you will be liberated from the burden of heavy negative thoughts pulling you down physically, mentally, emotionally and socially.
Forgiveness- Forgiveness is an instant relief from the pain caused on account of unresolved issues. By forgiving we not only set the other person free from guilt and pain but also get ourselves out of the disturbing and depressing mental state and become peaceful.
Karmic Account- Knowing the reality that everything happening in our life is the result of our own past actions we should allow the account to settle in a calm and peaceful way rather than blaming others and agitating when certain conflicting situations confront us. Law of Karma explains how other people seem to be causing pain and suffering are only instruments. We get back what we had given out sometime or the other. This understanding will help cross over almost all the adversities in life with minimum suffering.
No Blaming- When we are in a blaming mode we are far away from the solution of any problem and such issues remain unresolved all through. Even when the cause of trouble is someone else we have to focus on our own self to find a solution. When we are hurt we have to heal our hurt rather than getting entangled with others. Blaming is nothing but exchange of negative energy between the parties concerned leaving the Unresolved Issues unresolved.
The beginning of propitious celebration is incomplete without the soothing tune of the conch or shankh. The trumpet sounds so peaceful to the ears and is purely a sign of brilliant and auspicious beginning. In Indian mythology, God Vishnu, the God of Preservation, is shown with a shankh in one hand and a chakra in the other. The shankh symbolizes positivity over negativity and it is blown as a ray of hope. During puja, shankh is also used as a container of holy water.
- Shankh is considered as one of the most auspicious objects that emerged from the sea during the Sagara Samudra Manthan.
- Whenever conch shell is blown, it is said to eliminate the evil effects and purify the environment.
- The natural vibration or cosmic energy of the Earth gets magnified on entering the conch shell, which can be heard as the gentle humming sound of ocean.
- When the conch is blown, the sound emanated from it is a symbol of creation, as it contains the five elements of nature
- The vibration from the conch has the power to heal the ozone hole in the ozone layer, a major cause of global warming.
- The positive vibrations enhance the positive feelings around like courage, willpower, determination, hope and love.
- By blowing the shankh the frequencies consisting raja–tama particles are destroyed and at the same time the saviour and destroyer principle of a deity is awakened.
- Shankh is a sign of good luck, wealth and prosperity for the inmates of the house as it keeps the negative energies away.
- While performing Lakshmi Puja, conch shell is filled with milk and then it is poured over the idol. Water collected in shankh is offered while worshipping sun.
Varied variety of sounds produced by vibrations, have different effects on the beings and they act or react as per the sound produced. Believe it or not, sound has major relation with our mood and as a pleasant music can cheer us up, the loud and screeching sounds can disturb it. In fact, harsh sound causes noise pollution, which in turn, without our noticing, causes tension, stress, and other disorders like blood pressure, migraine and so on.
Thus to restore the balance, harmony and peace within a family, the right kind of sounds should be prevalent in the house as per Vastu.
- The sweet and soft conversations between family members lighten the mood and spread a positive ambience.
- Avoid watching television during meal time rather prefer to have pleasant conversations or soft music.
- Sacred chants or healing rhythms of devotion should be played early morning in the house.
- Dripping faucets or leaky taps should be repaired as soon as possible.
- The hinges of the door should be kept well oiled, to avoid creaking sounds.
- Close the door gently so that the mind and body remains calm.
- The bell cast from an amalgam of five metals improve the positive energy flow in the environment, dissipating the negative vibrations.
- Wind chimes are also an important source of peaceful and serene environment.
- The soft melodious tunes can induce peace, relaxation and reduce sadness, tension and anger.
- Hanging wind chimes, changing harsh sounding door bells with pleasant-sounding ones and having rippling water fountains can be a means of adding the right sounds to any environment.
Relationship between full moon and its varied effects have been known for years, as this is the crucial moment when the connectivity between human and divine is quite strong. Be it biological, emotional, health related or spiritual; the waxing and waning of moon affects the lives of all living beings. It is a time of positive opportunities that knocks our door, and it depends upon us to utilise them or let them go.
- The impressions in our sub-conscious mind gives rise to numerous thoughts and thus affect our personality and thought process. So the full moon frequencies has the power to make the thought frequencies from our sub-conscious mind, surface to the conscious mind; where they can be evaluated and solved.
- An increased activity of mind is observed on full moon day and it also decreases the raja-tama components due to strong illuminations.
- It is a perfect time to manifest your dreams, so positive thinking and focussing on your goals can empower you with energy to make them true.
- The active frequencies are the best time for sending long distance healings, forgiveness, and love energies.
- Strong pull on the earth creates tangible effects and minimal raja-tama energy is available for the evil or occult powers, so the positive energies dominate.
- The full moon day is a 5 day process, during which the divine waves helps us to focus on our personal growth and spiritual accomplishments.
- The full moon is associated with love, prophesies and child birth and is a source of power to effect positive changes and inspiration.
- Our body has a field of energy – the aura – which is the same as the aurora or magnetic and gravitational field of the planet; this day makes the individual aware about the oneness with Universal force.
Contributed By: Meenakshi Ahuja
The universe and its magical existence have a full-fledged influence on our lives, whether you believe it or not. People often wear stones or pearls to get rid of their issues and attract the positivity towards them. One of the rarest existences, in this dominant gem world is ‘Gajamukta’ or ‘commonly known as ‘elephant pearls’. It is a yellowish-white, oversized egg shaped stones. It can also be brownish in tone, depending upon the formation. Gajamukta is the rarest pearl, known to exist in one out of the millions elephants. Its formation is exclusive, like its existence, i.e. from the calcified masses of ivory and tusk of the elephant. It is classified as a Mani that is rare in existence.
Possessing magical and medicinal values, Gajamuktas are rare thus highly expensive and valuable and were owned by few of our great Kings of India during that era.
Significance of Gajamukta:
The revered and valued stone of gajamukta has divine and magical existence. It is widely renowned as a stone that keeps you away from all the negativity and stress. The stone has a cool and peaceful radiation as the natural pearls have moon dominant qualities. It is a sure shot jackpot for the owners, who possess this stone as he never has to worry about finance; therefore it was owned by Maharajas in the earlier time. They have unique feature of curing acute diseases and can even bless the barren women with the ability to conceive. Major problems like arthritis and joint pains have been cured by this extra ordinary pearl. It not only has a scientific relevance but is also a divine healer as you feel a change in your inner self. The vibrations of your surroundings transform tremendously and your lost peace is regained by achieving silence.
Mythological and Scientific Relevance:
The ancient Buddhist texts consist of the magical relevance of elephant stone and is still revered and adored by them. “According to the scientific researches, an elephant lives for approximately 125 years, so these pearls takes more than 75 years to be formed. It begins from a tiny grain sized to different sized stone, according to the tusk of the elephant.” This rare gem is only found in Airavata race and has adjoining sentiments of gaining wealth, fame and curing diseases. The Hindu text believes that this pearl is a symbol of Lord Ganesh’s soul and therefore considered fortunate and lucky.
Gajamukta is known to possess unique qualities that make it differentiate from others.
- When two elephant stones are placed together, they are attracted towards each other but they do not hold any magnetic traits.
- The water turns milky, if Gajmukta is put into clean water.
- Bubbles are produced, when the stone is kept in coconut water and the level of the water decreases, eventually.
- By placing the elephant stone on a betel leaf (Paan patta), it starts vibrating.
Contributed By: Meenakshi Ahuja