Varied variety of sounds produced by vibrations, have different effects on the beings and they act or react as per the sound produced. Believe it or not, sound has major relation with our mood and as a pleasant music can cheer us up, the loud and screeching sounds can disturb it. In fact, harsh sound causes noise pollution, which in turn, without our noticing, causes tension, stress, and other disorders like blood pressure, migraine and so on.
Thus to restore the balance, harmony and peace within a family, the right kind of sounds should be prevalent in the house as per Vastu.
- The sweet and soft conversations between family members lighten the mood and spread a positive ambience.
- Avoid watching television during meal time rather prefer to have pleasant conversations or soft music.
- Sacred chants or healing rhythms of devotion should be played early morning in the house.
- Dripping faucets or leaky taps should be repaired as soon as possible.
- The hinges of the door should be kept well oiled, to avoid creaking sounds.
- Close the door gently so that the mind and body remains calm.
- The bell cast from an amalgam of five metals improve the positive energy flow in the environment, dissipating the negative vibrations.
- Wind chimes are also an important source of peaceful and serene environment.
- The soft melodious tunes can induce peace, relaxation and reduce sadness, tension and anger.
- Hanging wind chimes, changing harsh sounding door bells with pleasant-sounding ones and having rippling water fountains can be a means of adding the right sounds to any environment.
Cleansing is a form of decluttering and getting your home rid of every extraneous useless object that is clogging up the energies in your basement, staircase, closets, box beds, drawers and kitchen almirahs. So there should be just two types of things in a house, one which has an aesthetic value and second which is useful. So as per vastu, clutter should be avoided to maintain the positive energies.
- Clutter in the north-east direction of the house will obstruct the flow of prosperity into your life. Keep the tops of tables, fridge and counters free from accumulation of objects.
- A cluttered environment reflects a perplexed mind; so by getting rid of useless and extra objects you are making way for a new, fresh and positive approach to life.
- The simple way of keeping the house neat and tidy is the key to enhance the energy of a space.
- Removing the cobwebs from dark, dingy, disused corners and airing them occasionally removes the negativity from the house.
- Enhancers like adding lampshades, torans, pictures and artefacts and the intention to improve the environment can bring magical effects in your home.
- Gayatri mantra or sacred chants of your faith can be played early morning in the house and has a purifying and calming effect. Sprinkling of rock salt and mopping the house daily with salt water, removes the evil energies.
- Vastu pujan and Vastu shanti havans can bring about positive changes in a house, office or factory. The medicinal herbs and shrubs used during havan act as an aura cleansing of the place.
Fame, recognition and good reputation are essential for success and are required by everyone to survive in this society. To energise the positivity in our lives and attain happiness in the family, follow these easy Vastu tips.
- Energise the fire element of the south and south-east, the agni zone of every room. Use bright lights, candles or traditional wick lamps in the south east corner with light pointing towards the roof.
- Red colour is effective in activating the recognition and fame sector, so include soft furnishings, drapes, bedspreads, rugs and carpets with red as its dominant colour.
- Lights in white, yellow or red signify energy; so prefer lights of these colours usually.
- Keep all your electronic and electrical gadgets in the south-east corners of your home.
- An extended north-east is most auspicious and provides abundant wealth and prosperity.
- Light red candles or hang a painting with red as the dominant colour in the south sector of your home.
There is deep bonding between man and nature, so the presence of plants, trees and water bodies helps us to connect to the natural world. A subtle blend of design, shape, colour, appropriate plants, and water bodies can enhance the positive vibrations in and around the house for optimum health and happiness. By following few of the vastu tips in the outside environment, a cherished bliss and peace can be experienced.
- Give your garden a regular shape like square and rectangle. The soil should be compact, smooth, yellow and should have a sweet smell.
- Planting of herbs and medicinal plants like tulsi and neem, helps in adding positive vibrations to the environment.
- It is auspicious to grow an abundance of fragrant colourful flowers, herbs, evergreen plants like money plant in the north, to attract wealth and luck.
- East is associated with growth and it receives the morning rays of the sun so be sure not to grow any tall plants and trees here which block these rays.
- North-east is the ideal place for a lily pond, a small pond or a fountain. Medicinal plants and herbs such as tulsi, neem, mint, coriander and thyme would be auspicious here.
- If your garden is to the south of your house, then plant tall trees to block out the harmful rays of the midday sun.
- South-east is ideal to grow herbs, mint, fennel, basil and citrus You can also build a barbecue towards the south-east of the garden.
- West is the direction associated with Saturn, so tall trees and metal garden furniture is suitable for garden in west direction. Metal swings and rides for children can also be placed here.
- Keep the centre zone of the garden clean and clutter-free. Do not allow dead leaves, twigs or any other junk to pile up there.
- Heavy leaf bearing trees like ashoka, neem, arjun, punnage and sirisa, are best situated on south-west side as they supply pure oxygen and also provide protection from the infrared rays of the afternoon sun.
- Rock gardens, if required, can also be in the south-west region sloping down towards the north or/ and east.
- As per ancient literature of Vastu, trees like pakar, barh, udumber, and peepal are considered inauspicious in the south, west, north and east, respectively. The auspicious directions for these trees are pakar in north, peepal in the west, udumber in the south and barh in the east.
- Trees like ashoka, almond, nilgiri, coconut, neem, lemon, nagakesar, kathal, shami and arisht are recommended for planting within the house limits.
- As per Feng Shui, a clamp of bamboo signifies good health and longevity of the occupants and it is also a good addition to the garden.
- Do not keep pricky cactus plants or bonsai inside the house. Avoid pots made of synthetic material inside the house.
In the stressful and competitive life people are moving towards artificial lifestyle rather than natural living. Due to continuous dependency on machines, our natural body processes are hampered which often leads to some or the other health issues. But remember few health issues are also caused due to imbalance in the Vastu, so by following few measures and taking precautionary steps the health problems can be resolved.
- Brahmasthan should not be depressed, as it is the meeting point of all the energies from different direction. Heavy objects, lifts, stairs and toilets are strictly prohibited in the centre zone.
- A temple or a small courtyard can be made in the brahmasthan of the house or even a living room or hall can be made for small houses.
- Make sure that there are no heavy beams running through the centre, as they may lead to health problems.
- The east and south-east direction of the house should also be checked, as it should stay clean and clutter free for healthy living of the inmates.
- Hang a crystal chandelier in the central area, preferably with five bulbs. Installation of a Reiki-charged crystal grid in the brahamsathan keeps the whole house energised.
- If your house faces south with a slope towards that direction, or if the generator room is to the north-east and the underground water tank is in south-east, the possibility of health problems does exist.
- Make sure that the gate along the south wall always remains shut. The boundary wall should be as high as the gate. Place an image of Lord Hanuman facing south and also grow citrus plants on either side of the gate.
- Shift the generator towards northwest or south-east and the water tank to the north of north-east. Burning a candle in the patient room for a couple of weeks is a must too.
- If the kitchen is not located in the fire zone, i.e. south-east, the occupants are vulnerable to health disorders.
- Lighting a candle or diyas in the fire zone daily becomes as important for good health as sleeping with your head aligned towards the south.
- For maintaining good health and recovery from ailments, recite Mahamrituanjaya mantra for about 108 times daily.
- Sleeping on your left is recommended for ‘vata’ and ‘kapha’ constitutions, sleeping on your right is recommended for ‘pitta’ constitutions.
Kids are the apple of parent’s eyes and fill a house with laughter, entertainment, love and fulfilment. Kids complete a family and provide an opportunity to the couple to experience parenthood. Couples who are desirous of beginning the new chapter of family life should be careful about the following Vastu measures.
- A cut in the north-east, heavy construction or construction of a toilet in the north-east can give negative results.
- Make sure that the north-east corner is kept clean, clutter free and lower than the south-west for healthy and virtuous children.
- If the north direction in a house is completely blocked, the probability of having a male child is reduced. Main entrance in the grid ‘Parjanya’ is said to be responsible for the birth of daughters.
- A north-west bedroom is the ideal direction for bedroom for couples desirous of starting a family.
- The placement of mirrors in the bedroom should be such that they do not reflect the bed.
- Use colours such as lilac, peach, mint or white to brighten up your bedroom.
- Keep fresh flowers in the room and you can also keep fruits, especially pomegranates, which is a symbol of fertility.
- The attached toilet door must be kept shut and the toilet seat cover down.
- The wife should sleep towards the left side of her husband.
- The foot of the bed should not directly face the door of the room.
- Sleeping with head towards north is totally prohibited. Prefer sleeping with head towards the south or east is helpful.
- It is recommended that after conception the couple should move to a southern bedroom as it is safe for pregnant lady.