Sun is the source of energy for the whole universe.Sun is considered as the significator of Health, eyes, social prestige, father and profession.
When we offer water to the Sun and recite the mantra,Sun gets strengthened and the water gets empowered. When we touch this water on our body, those energy points gets stimulated thereby giving us tremendous energy and all the areas mentioned above get better.
‘Shiv’ means the destroyer of bad karmas and ‘linga’ means to mark or sign which symbolize the Supreme God. So literally ‘Shivling’ is referred as the sacred symbol of Lord Shiva. In real terms, Shiv-Linga is a symbol or sign of duality (dual character) of the pious Shiva and his cosmic universal energy. It is a process defining the creation of mortals within the omnipresent and omnipotent Universe.
Shivling is known for its purity, thus it consists of immense energy and radiates it when adored. The worshipping of shivling by washing it with water and chanting the mantras is commonly called as Rudrabhishiek or Shivling Abhishek Puja. This is especially done from pure milk, curd, ghee, sugar, mustard oil etc; significantly during the Hindu month of Shravan.
Why to perform Rudrabhishiek Puja?
The Shivling releases frequencies of Knowledge (dhyan), devotion (bhakti) and detachment (vairagya) which is experienced during puja. It is said that this energy has been gathered through ‘sagar manthan’ in which Lord Shiva consumed the dangerous poison Halahal to save the humanity from destruction.
Performing Rudrabhishek Puja and chanting Maha Mrityuanjay mantras dispels ignorance by spreading the light of knowledge, and blesses the beings with wisdom and happiness.
How to perform Rudrabhishiek Puja?
Devotees worship Lord Shiva and his ‘Shivling with devotion and faith to seek the grace and happiness. Let’s make the Shivling Abhishek easy for you by just following few steps.
- The size of lingam for home puja should not exceed the breadth of your three right hand fingers joined together, accompanied with snake and Nandi.
- The place from where the water is poured on the shivling and is drained must be facing North or East.
- The devotee should start the puja by chanting ‘Om Namah Shivaye’.
- Use bel leaves and not tulsi while offering to the lingam.
- The panchamrit is offered made from any five ingredients out of- Gangajal, honey, sugarcane juice, milk, yogurt, ghee, sea water, coconut water, milk, fragrant oils, rose water or other precious liquids.
- After doing Panchamrit Abhishek, the lingam is cleaned by pouring Gangajal over it.
- Then trident is made on the shivling using normal sandal wood paste or asta gandha.
- After that sweets, coconut, flowers and fruits are offered to the Lord and camphor and incense sticks are also are lit and ‘arati’ is conducted.
- If you keep a Shivling at home it should be accompanied by a constant flow of water or jaldhara, to maintain the serene and cool environment around it.
- Finally, ringing of bells indicates the end of Puja and fruits, sweets and coconut are distributed as ‘prasadam.’
Book your Rudrabhishek Puja package now: http://www.shubhpuja.com/product/rudrabhishiek-puja/
Loads of people are practicing yoga nowadays, either being fitness lovers or for pleasure; but few of us practice this art for the attainment of peace, self-contentment, inner joy and relaxation of soul. Yoga is one of the ancient art form of India and holds divine significance for people around the globe.
Yoga means union with God. This union is a conscious union. We are all united with God but we are not aware of it so when we practice Yoga, we become conscious of our union with God. Yoga is a spiritual journey from getting rid of the stressful life and achieving bliss and happiness.
- Yoga is not just a practice, it’s an inner subject which has to be lived, loved and cared. Yoga transcends us to real satisfaction and gaining free consciousness.
- The art of yoga brings our mind, body and soul in harmony that helps us to connect with the cosmic energy of the Universe.
- During the practice of yoga, one has to focus on the divine context rather than the superficial level. By continuously working with this thought, one shreds of the artificial attainment of beauty and gains peace and joy.
- Numerous troubles and tensions surround us the entire day and we might try to control hem to keep ourselves calm. Remember yoga is not about getting rid of problems or controlling them, rather it is about keeping the tolerance and inner peace intact and facing the situation.
- Yoga aware us about our very existence through simple techniques of focussing on our body processes and breathing, which in turn leads to better understanding of our own body and mind and expressing gratitude.
- We usually admire the creation and forget the creator, thus yoga instils us with the balance of admiring not only the creation but also the creator himself.
- Yoga fills us with the feeling of surrendering ourselves for the welfare of humanity, which in turn leads us to living for the supreme energy.
Thus yoga is the journey of attaining enlightenment like Lord Shiva, Lord Mahavir and Lord Buddha and becoming closer to our ultimate goal of life which is oneness with the supreme master. By gaining peace of soul, we would be contended as we will each closer to God.
Contributed By: Meenakshi Ahuja
Since the beginning of the early man, even when they were oblivious to the act of worship or any presence of God, they still adored the natural elements in some form or the other. Even if they couldn’t acquire detailed knowledge about Almighty yet they expressed their gratitude towards the various elements of nature; as water, fire, wind, sun and soil were providing them with something. So the basic idea behind performing this act is to reciprocate the supreme love which is being showered upon us and expressing our gratitude for the selfless Universe.
We might say that even if we don’t perform the religious acts, we are still happy in our lives; so for thus Lord Krishna has said in the holy Bhagwad Gita;
“A-brahma bhuvanal lokah punar avartino rjuna
mam upetya tu kaunteya punar janma na vidyate”
Meaning- From the highest planet in the material world down to the lowest, all are places of misery wherein repeated birth and death take place. But one, who attains to my abode, O son of Kunti, never takes birth again.
So the few fortunate ones who realize the true nature of God, because of whom we exist in this world and survive, we perform this pious act to appreciate our existence and His divine grace upon us. Mortals have the biggest tendency of making mistakes, intentionally or unintentionally; so by remembering the divine power, honouring his divine presence and seeking forgiveness, we get free from the burden of guilt and rejoice our existence.
By being grateful for whatever we have received from this cosmic creation and feeling a sense of belongingness towards them, we express our honour that further leads to faith and devotion. Puja gives us the strength to surrender ourselves in the feet of holy power and staying constant at every situation. Thus, puja is an expression of the expanded consciousness honouring the whole creation and seeking for His grace.
To achieve steadiness and cleanse the mind, body and soul; we adore and praise the supreme Lord and his miraculous creation. Literally, ‘Man’ means mind and ‘Tra’ means wave or vibration, so mantra is a technical practice that enlightens the mental and physiological state. You might have heard about distinct mantra for different deity and purpose. For every puja conducted at home, the Vedic scholars chant so many mantras yet most of us are oblivious to the relevance of chanting mantras and simple recite them in our daily routine. Let’s know them and then chant.
Biological and Spiritual Significance:
- Mantra chanting balances the nervous system and normalizes the hormone production, which in turn maintains the working of the body systems.
- An upsurge in the energy level is attained, which replaces the materialistic thoughts with realization of Almighty.
- It transcends the senses of the body and we feel free from the bond of time and space, thus away from the weight of worries.
- ‘As music has charms to soothe a savage beast, so the spiritual sound of mantra soothes the restless mind’; it soothes our cellular level.
- Mantras awaken our dormant conscious and help us to connect with our spiritual identity; we begin to experience oneness among us and Him.
- It helps us to concentrate on our breathing pattern, whose regulation is a secret for stronger immunity and body balance.
- It won’t work if you don’t do it, so by constant repetition, in group or alone, it will enhance the will power and faith.
- Mantra activates the chemical signals in the body that transforms the unconscious into conscious, automatic into deliberate and mindless into heartfelt.
- Chanting mantras is a conscious method of controlling our moods, and in turn, our frequency and resultant all-around radiance.
- It enhances the concentration level and in turn the memory power enlarges.It acts as a brain stabilizer and one can experience the state of trance by recognizing our own natural state.
The pros of reciting mantras are unlimited and not just few of them mentioned above, but all of it can be experienced if you try it sincerely. No matter from which ever generation you belong, the next time you chant a mantra, do it genuinely and then feel a change within you.
Contributed By: Meenakshi Ahuja
If the foundation is strong and firm, no matter how many floors are constructed above it, the building will remain intact and strengthening. Similarly the valuable Vedas are the base of knowledge and is the mirror of all education. People might say that the generations today believe on scientific revelations and rational thoughts of school, yea we agree to it but the eternal truth remains significant forever. Our scientific and technological progress may be huge, but the bases of knowledge have been received from our holy Vedas and will act as a guiding torch for many more generations, yet to come.
Relevance of Vedas for present age:
Hoping for community welfare rather than individual gain has always been the message. If every individual holds the perspective of viewing One eternal power within every being than most of the issues will automatically be resolved. The act of Universal brotherhood is an immediate necessity for regaining the peace and humanity on this planet.
Attributes of Universe:
The name may be different but the ultimate source is One. Vedas reveal the omnipresent, omniscient and omnipotent traits of the powerful energy. He is one utmost source who is formless and eternal. He was, is and will forever be. Becoming aware with this universal truth and accepting His presence each moment makes the being fearless and inculcates the deep faith on His presence.
Just like a candle brightens the entire room, similarly the enlightened soul gives direction to the mind and body. God, soul and matter-always exist; weapon cannot cut it, fire cannot burn it, water cannot spoil it, and air cannot dry it. As the soul keeps on changing the outer physical appearance, but its original traits remains constant. If each one of us comprehends this enlightening truth, then there will be no differentiation on the basis of caste, creed, colour, appearance, religion and so on.
Vedic thought holds that the best instrument of knowledge is the silent mind. As per the Vedic sciences, serene and pure mind is capable of going beyond name, form, number, time, place and person or it would just be another object or entity in the outer world. This shows that there is much above physical reality and the appropriate instrument for knowing the universal Being is not a limited instrument which looks externally, like a telescope, but the silent mind that is able to see within.
Elimination of Delusions:
Vedas has a commendable source of knowledge, which is relevant for ages. Even the earlier misconceptions about ghosts, occult powers and man worshipping every creature out of fear; the turmoil was eliminated with the rational Vedic sciences. Still the presence of evil energies is dominant over the planet but the blinds can be removed by the light of knowledge-Brahma. The presence of fake gurus may dispel us from the path of spirituality but we have to be cautious and aware.
In the Vedic sciences, human well-being is defined as the harmony of body, mind, prana and soul (Atman or Purusha). The natural healing process by recognising the underlying vital energies is the secret to well-being. Today we might have advanced in medical sciences, but the bases lies in the Vedas and holds all the thoughts behind the cosmic life force of development. Organic and natural systems of progress or healing are far better than the artificial processes.
Jyotish or Vedic astrology is aimed at helping us understand how the various matter of the Universe i.e. the lights of the stars and planets affects our own bodies and minds and the fate of our world as a whole. It comprehends the knowledge of karmic influences on us, and how the heavenly bodies have their varied effects. Few might say that astrology is illogical but still few of the actions that go beyond expressions and understanding become a part of new physics. If we recognize that the universe is pervaded by consciousness, we can recognize that light ultimately is a power of consciousness, which means that astronomy must recognize astrology.
The ultimate unity of science and spirituality through Vedas can act as a guiding torch for achieving the ultimate destination of supreme truth. By learning the secrets of Vedas, we can enhance our art of living and improve our lives as per the supreme fathers wish.
Contributed By: Meenakshi Ahuja