The number 9 stands in symbolism for the Planet Mars. This number influences all persons born on the 9th, 18th, and 27th of any month, but still more so if their birthday falls in the period between the 21st March and April 19th-26th (called the House of mars positive) or in the period between the 21st October and November 20th-27th (called the House of Mars negative). Traits of number 9 people are as follows:
- Number 9 persons are fighters in all they attempt in life. They usually have difficult times in their early years, but generally they are, in the end, successful by their grit, strong will, and determination.
- In character, they are hasty in temper, impulsive, independent, and desire to be their own masters.
- When number 9 is noticed to be more than usually dominant in the dates and events of their lives they will be found to make great enemies, to cause strife and opposition wherever they may be, and they are often wounded or killed either in warfare or in the battle of life.
- They have great courage and make excellent soldiers or leaders in any cause they espouse.
- Their greatest dangers arise from foolhardiness and impulsiveness in word and action. They are also peculiarly prone to accidents from fire and explosions and rarely get through life without injury from such causes.
- They also go through surgical operations in their life time.
- They usually experience many quarrels and strife in their home, either with their own relations or with the family they marry into.
- They strongly resent criticism, and even when not conceited, they have always a good opinion of themselves, brooking no interference with their plans.
- They are resourceful and excellent in organizations, but they must have the fullest control; if not, they lose heart and stand aside and let things go to pieces.
- For affection and sympathy they almost do anything, and the men of this number can be made the greatest fools of, if clever woman gets pulling at their heartstrings.
- This number is fortunate to be born under, provided one controls it and is not carried away by the temper and violence that it also represents.
- They lucky colours for persons born under the number nine are all shades of crimson or red, also all rose tones and pink.
- The luckiest days for them are Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, but more especially Tuesday (called Mars Day).
The features and traits of a being are also affected by the colour, skin type and even smoothness or firmness of the hand. As the people with soft palms imagine all sorts of things in the way of ailments and troubles; but if the palm is firm, it denotes an energetic, excitable nature.
Very smooth hands with few lines belong to people with calm temperament and even in disposition. They rarely loose temper and if they do then they have a valid logic behind it. This again depends upon the hardness and softness of the palm. When form, it is greater sign of control and calmness than when soft. In the latter case it is not so much a matter of control as of indifference.
When the palm of hand is naturally covered with a very fine light skin, the subject will retain the buoyancy and temperament of youth much longer than the person with a coarse skin. This is of course dependent upon the type of work, but the general cases where little labour or manual work is involved, this is the case.
Colour of the Palm:
The palm of the hand is under immediate control and action of the nerves and of the nerve fluid. According to scientist, there are more nerves in the hand than in any other portion of the body and again more in the palms than other portions of hand.
When palm is pale or almost white in colour, the subject takes very little interest in anything outside of himself- in other words, he will be selfish, egoistic and unsympathetic.
When palm is yellowish in colour, the subject will be morbid, melancholy, and morose.
When a delicate pink the nature is sanguine, hopeful, and bright; and when very red, robust in health and spirits, passionate, and quick tempered.