The zodiacal sign of Cancer commences on June, 21st, but for seven days, being overlapped by the previous sign, it does not come into full power until on or about June 28th. It is in full strength until on or about July 20th.
The sign of cancer- the crab, was so called by the ancients because the sun at this time of the year appears to advance and retreat in the heavens like actions of a crab.
- These people are full of contradictions; they have deep home interests, but are at the same time restless, and have a decided longing for travel and change.
- They succeed in making their homes and their domestic life.
- They are generally over anxious in financial matters, and make great efforts to gather in money, as a rule, they have unusual ups and downs in their life.
- They are inclined to speculate, so as to make money quickly but in all the gambles they generally lose, whereas in business they are as a rule most successful.
- They are industrious and hardworking in all they undertake, but from the standpoint of chance or luck they are seldom fortunate.
- They are generally gifted with strong imaginations, and often make excellent artists, writers, composers, or musicians.
- At heart they are romantic and of a very loving and affectionate disposition.
- They have a great dislike of being dictated to, but are most devoted and faithful when treated with confidence.
- They have the most sensitive nature and if not understood, they quickly give up or get depressed and melancholy.
- They often make excellent psychics, and usually have a yearning after the mysterious.
- They should never marry young, for their nature seems to change at different stages of life.
- People born in this zodiac often reach very high exalted positions. In their home lives, however, they usually go through a great deal of trouble, and are seldom surrounded by great happiness, no matter how successful they may appear in the eye of the world.
- They have deep love for what they call “their own people,” for family customs and tradition.
- They are chiefly inclined towards gastric troubles, and they should be extremely careful in regard to shellfish and such things.
- The colours most in harmony for them are all shades of green, and cream and white.
- The birth stones most favourable for this period are pearls, diamonds, opals crystals, cat’s eyes, and moonstones.
The number two symbolises Moon, having the fragile feminine attributes of the Sun; so although the number one and number two people are exact opposite in their characters, yet their vibrations are harmonious in nature.
Number 2 people are those who are born on 2nd, 11th, 20th, or 29th in any month, but their characteristics are more prominent if born between 20th June and the 27th July, this period being the ‘House of the moon’.
- These people are gentle by nature, imaginative, artistic, and romantic. Though they are inventive yet not forceful in carrying out their ideas.
- They have more mental qualities than the physical, and they are seldom as strong physically as the number 1.
- They are usually oversensitive, and too easily get despondent and melancholy if they are not in happy surroundings.
- They should endeavour to carry out their chief plans and ideas on those days whose numbers vibrate with their own.
- The fortunate days for them are Sunday, Monday, and Friday, and especially if their own numbers fall on these days, such as 2nd, 11th, 20th, or 29th.
- Their lucky colours are all shades of green, from the darkest to the lightest, also cream and white, but as far as possible they should avoid all the dark colours, especially black, purple, and dark red.
- Their lucky stones and jewels are pearls, moonstones, pale green stones.