reduces negative energy
The Goddess of Shakti- Ma Durga is worshipped during the sacred nine days for receiving pious blessings. The devotees seek for love, peace, happiness, kindness and all the natural qualities of the soul, which are hidden under the glitters of material world. Goddess Durga bestows her devotees with the strength to revive back the original traits and protect them against the negativity.
To perform the puja adhering to the customs, it is important to follow a proper procedure.
Kalash Sthapana/ Ghata sthapana:
- Put the layer of clean soil in an earthen pot and then sow barley seeds into it. Sprinkle water on it and repeat the process for a second layer. Sprinkle more water to set the soil.
- Take a kalash made of copper or earthen and fill it with Gangajal. Put scent, flowers and coins in it. Tie mauli or red scared thread on the neck of the kalash. Place mango leaves on the mouth of the kalash and cover it with a lid. Put rice over the lid and a dry coconut wrapped in a red cloth.
- Put the prepared kalash on the earthen pot of barley and this completes the ghata sthapana. This kalash should not be touched during the nine days.
- One diya is lit close to this Kalash which is supposed to burn endlessly for nine days. This is known as Akhand Jyoti.
- As the name suggests, the puja is performed with five things- Scent, Flower, Dhoop, Deepak and Naivedya. Offer the five puja samagri to the deity with complete faith and humility.
Chowki Sthapana :
- The idol of Now Goddess Durga is installed, by spreading the red cloth on chowki and tying Mauli around it. Now place idol or picture of Goddess Durga on the chowki.
Invoke Goddess Durga and request the goddess to accept your prayers and to oblige you by residing into the Kalash for nine days. The prayers must be offered whole heartedly and the devotees must pray all the nine days and read Durga Saptashati.
Varied variety of sounds produced by vibrations, have different effects on the beings and they act or react as per the sound produced. Believe it or not, sound has major relation with our mood and as a pleasant music can cheer us up, the loud and screeching sounds can disturb it. In fact, harsh sound causes noise pollution, which in turn, without our noticing, causes tension, stress, and other disorders like blood pressure, migraine and so on.
Thus to restore the balance, harmony and peace within a family, the right kind of sounds should be prevalent in the house as per Vastu.
- The sweet and soft conversations between family members lighten the mood and spread a positive ambience.
- Avoid watching television during meal time rather prefer to have pleasant conversations or soft music.
- Sacred chants or healing rhythms of devotion should be played early morning in the house.
- Dripping faucets or leaky taps should be repaired as soon as possible.
- The hinges of the door should be kept well oiled, to avoid creaking sounds.
- Close the door gently so that the mind and body remains calm.
- The bell cast from an amalgam of five metals improve the positive energy flow in the environment, dissipating the negative vibrations.
- Wind chimes are also an important source of peaceful and serene environment.
- The soft melodious tunes can induce peace, relaxation and reduce sadness, tension and anger.
- Hanging wind chimes, changing harsh sounding door bells with pleasant-sounding ones and having rippling water fountains can be a means of adding the right sounds to any environment.