Dussehra, as the name suggests is the tenth day of the Navratras of month of Sharad i.e. September-October and hence, marks the portion of the year when the sun relaxes the earth from it’s scorching rays and cold winds start wrapping the atmosphere of the Northern Hemisphere.
How to celebrate Dussehra
In the evening, one must offer prayers to Ram darbar and one must offer bhoga to them. One must collect the burnt wood from the effigies and store them in the house to ensure peace.
It is celebrated every year since time immemorial by burning the effigies of Ravana, Meghanada and Kumbhakarna, the three demons who performed great austeriries to please the Lord.
But there are some facts about Dussehra which are still unknown to us.
- Srimati Sita Devi never went away with Ravana. No one can touch her since she is the eternal consort of Lord Ramchandra. In her disguise, Agni went to Ravana’s Lanka
- It was Agni Sita who sat on the tail of Sri Hanumanji and burnt the whole Lanka instead of Hanumanji.
- Ravana and Kumbhakarna were actually the two gatekeepers of Lord Sri Hari namely, Jaya and Vijaya who took the form of enemies of Lord to assist him in his past times.
- Despite Lord Ramchandra knew about Amrit Kalash, still Ravana was invincible. Lord Ram chanted Aditya Hridaya strota to get the power to kill Ravana.
- Jambavant who appeared in Ramayana lived long to meet the next form of Lord Krishna, he himself. He presented to him, his daughter, Jamvanti.
- Though Sri Hanuman was a strict celibate, still a female alligator bore progeny out of his sweat drop.
- Ramayana was completed before the happenings of the actual Ramayana. But Mahrishi Valmiki never disclosed it to anyone.
- Out of 1 Lakh sons and 1.25 lakh grandsons, no one remained. Ravana had all of the them killed in the wat
- Sri Lanka is the only place where the idols of Ravana are worshipped.
- It is a traditional custom to bring the burnt logs of wood of Ravana to kept in home. It ensures peace.
For more details, please contact us at www.shubhpuja.com
During Rams’s quest to free Sita from the clutches of Ravana it was Hanuman who flew across the sea to reach the demons king’s palace and discovered the whereabouts of Sita. When Ravan became aware of Hanuman’s presence in his palace, he ordered his soldiers to capture and kill the petty monkey. In order to crush Ravan’s ego, Hanuman set about destroying Lanka with his tail that was set ablaze by Ravan’s soldiers. In this commotion he found Lord Shani imprisoned in the palace’s basement, who was cursed by Brahma to remain in captivity till an incarnation of Shiva frees him. Hanuman released him from the confinement. Delighted, Lord Shani helped Hanuman in his pursuit to destroy Lanka and even granted him a boon. Hanuman who always wished well for his followers, asked Lord Shani not to cause trouble for the devotees who worshiped Hanuman.
Ramayana is the original scripture enumerating the wishes of Lord Rama written by Maharishi Valmiki. Chanting the mantras of Ramayana propitiates all planets and is highly beneficial to listen on the Birthday of Lord Rama that being Ram Navami.
Sampooran Ramayana Paath brings most beneficial results in personal and professional life !
We at Shubhpuja help you have a hassle-free puja and a personalized experience right at your doorstep.
Follow the link and attain the blessings of the lord- http://www.shubhpuja.com/ramayanpuja-id-344754.html