The sacred plant of Tulsi or Ocimum Basilicum is considered as a must have plant in almost all the Indian homes. From holding medicinal to divine values, tulsi is known for its magical traits. Even our holy scriptures gives a special mention to this plant. Significance of Tulsi is as follows:
- It is firmly believed that Vishnu propitiation is incomplete without offering him the sacred Tulsi leaves. During the ritual of ‘Tulsi vivaah’ in kartik month, Tulsi is married to Lord Vishnu.
- The Vedic scriptures say, “Krishna gives Himself to a devotee who offers Him merely a Tulsi leaf and a palm full of water.”
- Tulsi is known for the self-purification value and therefore widely used in holy puja ceremonies. It is also reused in puja without creating any impurity.
- The Tulsi plant is extremely sensitive and aware, and quickly able to register the vibrations around her. Therefore Tulsi fades away in negative or unhygienic surroundings.
- Tulsi is known as the Mother of Ayurveda and is widely used in fever, insomnia, mental tension, skin problems, and the treatment of cancer and diabetes.
- The antibiotic and anti-allergic properties of Tulsi help to cure coughs and colds, sore throats, whooping cough in children etc.
- Tulsi plant releases oxygen all the time i.e. both day and night, which makes it unique from the other plants.
- The dried wood, stem and branches of Tulsi are used to make japa malas, which are considered calm and serene in nature.
- Tulsi is widely worshipped for happiness and prosperity. It is also adored by unmarried girls in virtue of good husbands.
- Keeping Tulsi plant at home prevents insects and mosquitoes from entering the house. It is said that snakes do not dare to go near a Tulsi plant.
The difficult situations or the ‘unresolved issues’ keeps on hindering our peaceful life. They have a very powerful effect on human life. As these issues or turmoil stay strong within the system, at times stretched over a long period of time, they impact almost all spheres of life. One keeps on holding the grudges and arguments throughout their life.
Here are a few ways to get over such turmoil and cherish the true nature of life.
Let go – What has happened is a matter of the past and it should not be allowed to stick up in the mind. Just let it go and you will be liberated from the burden of heavy negative thoughts pulling you down physically, mentally, emotionally and socially.
Forgiveness- Forgiveness is an instant relief from the pain caused on account of unresolved issues. By forgiving we not only set the other person free from guilt and pain but also get ourselves out of the disturbing and depressing mental state and become peaceful.
Karmic Account- Knowing the reality that everything happening in our life is the result of our own past actions we should allow the account to settle in a calm and peaceful way rather than blaming others and agitating when certain conflicting situations confront us. Law of Karma explains how other people seem to be causing pain and suffering are only instruments. We get back what we had given out sometime or the other. This understanding will help cross over almost all the adversities in life with minimum suffering.
No Blaming- When we are in a blaming mode we are far away from the solution of any problem and such issues remain unresolved all through. Even when the cause of trouble is someone else we have to focus on our own self to find a solution. When we are hurt we have to heal our hurt rather than getting entangled with others. Blaming is nothing but exchange of negative energy between the parties concerned leaving the Unresolved Issues unresolved.
How did India’s only religious e-commerce platform come about? Saumya Vardhan, founder of Shubhpuja tells us today.
The efforts and success of Saumya Vardhan, CEO and founder of shubhpuja.com has been covered by Sheroes. She talks about her journey in bringing up this digital initiative.
Read more: http://bit.ly/1NWCgH4
Services of shubhpuja.com has helped the devotees to connect with the divine in few simple steps. Shubhpuja.com has made all the religious activities accessible at your doorstep.
Uber for God: Inside India’s Religious Tech Industry
The auspicious services of shubhpuja.com has reached till the boundaries of New York. The writer has defined his experience of online skype puja performed on his behalf in New Delhi by three Acharyas. The well guided prayer ceremony was possible just in a click through Shubhpuja.
Read more: http://nym.ag/1jTeQpI
The Bollywood cinema has created a fairy tale image of love and weddings within us. They taught us that marriages are made in heaven. Two people madly in love with each other face obstruction but are finally together at the end. But oops the mirror of our dreamy world breaks in this real world. Marriage is not between two individuals but between two families, which should pass through the checklist or societal norms. One of them being, that bride and groom should not be of same Gotras.
Gotra refers to the root person in an individual’s male lineage. The list of Brahmin Gotras is:
Thus a custom was established that a girl and boy belonging to the same Gotra could not marry. The main reason to avoid marriage between blood relatives was to prevent the abnormal offspring due to genetic mismatch. The marriage outside the same Gotra reduces the chances of eliminating the defective allele. But it does not mean every couple of the same Gotra will give birth to a baby with the Recessive Gene Disorder.
Moreover the females consist of XX chromosomes and the males of XY chromosomes. So the Y chromosome is passed on from the father to the son and has no role in female anatomy. Hence Y chromosome plays a crucial role in modern genetics in identifying the Genealogy i.e. male ancestry of a person. And the Gotra system was designed to detect the root Y chromosome of a person easily.
This Y chromosome has no matching pair in the human body and doesn’t take part in the normal processes. Thus this rule depicts the patriarchal society approach which wanted to maintain healthy Y chromosome i.e. fair chance of males to exist.
So whatever it may be, the Gotra system came during Vedic period and with the scientific development various counter arguments are also available. It may hold reasonable relevance in the past but today it also acts as a hurdle between two loved ones. Hence we need to decide our own take.
The zodiacal sign of Sagittarius commences on November 21st, but for seven days, being overlapped by the cusp of the previous sign, it does not come into its full power until November 28th. From this date onwards it is in full power until December 20th, and is then for seven days losing its strength by being overlapped by Capricorn.
- This sign of Sagittarius is symbolically represented either by the figure of an archer, or by a half-horse, half-man, the man part shooting an arrow from a bow.
- The people born in this section of the year are executive, fearless and determined in all they undertake.
- They are apt to be too decisive and too outspoken in their speech, and so are often misjudged in their criticism, and make bitter enemies.
- They concentrate all their attention on whatever they are doing at the moment, and seem to see no other way but theirs until their effort is made.
- They are however, the great workers; they are never seem to tire until they drop with fatigue.
- They are generally very honourable, but chiefly when they feel others are placing implicit confidence in them. Brutally truthful, they resent deception; any unmask and attempt to deceive others even when such action is against their own interests.
- Two distinct classes exist in this period. The first one have great enterprise in business, but they feel themselves confined to any one line; because they have been successful in some one thing is no reason whatever that they must follow it through life.
- They are successful in whatever they do, and they always allow a free hand in choosing their vocation.
- The people of second class born in this period are easily recognised; first by their sharp criticism on everyone else’s efforts for good and by their petty meanness in all matters that concern money.
- People of this second class are eaten up with selfish ambition. In any country in which they force their way into government positions.
- Nearly all the classes in this sign are devoted to music. They often make brilliant musicians.
- However they make sudden decisions, or change their mind rapidly, for which they may have regrets, but are too proud to acknowledge it.
- The men of this sign always marry in impulse and regret it later. So they often pass for models of married happiness even when they are the most wretched.
- The women born in this sign are the nobler of the two, they love to make their husbands successful and sacrifice everything to that end.
- They will be more inclined to suffer from rheumatism than from any other disease, also from a delicacy of the throat and lungs, and skin troubles.
- The most suitable shades for them are violet and mauve and violet- purple.
- Their most favourable stones are amethysts and sapphires.