Science behind touching feet of elders
Whenever we see someone pious or advanced in spirituality, it naturally comes in the heart of an Indian to touch their feet and take their blessings. This custom has been prevalent since centuries and marks the respect which we give to our elders or someone who is senior than is in the matter of understanding the spiritual aspect of the human life.
The science behind touching the feet of elder goes like this:
The nerves that start from our brain spread across all your body. These nerves or wires end in the fingertips of your hand and feet. When you join the fingertips of your hand to those of their opposite feet, a circuit is immediately formed and the energies of two bodies are connected. Your fingers and palms become the ‘receptor’ of energy and the feet of other person become the ‘giver’ of energy.
Usually, the person of whose feet you are touching is either old or pious. When they accept your respect which came from your reduced ego (shraddha) their hearts emit positive thoughts and energy (kripa) which reaches you through their hands and toes.
Their blessing creates an aura which helps us to get to the higher understandings and gives the recipient some share of the piety which the elder has earned.
Gems are a source of abundant energy. Besides being an article of beauty, nature has bestowed them with extra ordinary powers of healing and changing your aura. From time immemorial sages have identified unique benefits of various stones and herbs after thorough research. In Vedic astrology yagna, herbs and minerals are integral part of helping people in improving their fortune and wandering off the evil influences.
Our body is a part of cosmic Universe. Various forms of energy influence our body. Excess or deficiency of various forms of energy results into adverse effects on our life. According to Ayurveda, the ancient science of healing from Vedic civilization, our body comprises of three elements- Vak (Air), Pitta (bile) and Kapha (cough). For a healthy life these elements should have an optimal balance. Any disturbance among them causes us different type of ailments.
Each gem represents a different colour of rainbow; some are even combination of few colours. Wearing recommended gems helps us to attract concentrated energy from universe, which affects our various chakras. However the gem selection is a very scientific subject, it can be done only after studying the horoscope and transit of planets at a given time. Many people have a habit of multiple gems or stones, which may be harmful.
It is akin to over reacting or diverting energy in multiple directions. In subsequent posts we will apprise our readers with qualities of various gems, suitability of gems according to horoscope and transit and stones for different problems for the people, viz a viz health, prosperity, success, financial gains etc.
In the form of Gems nature has given us unique gift; a proper selection of Gems can change our life for better. Om Tatsave Namah!
The sacred plant of Tulsi or Ocimum Basilicum is considered as a must have plant in almost all the Indian homes. From holding medicinal to divine values, tulsi is known for its magical traits. Even our holy scriptures gives a special mention to this plant. Significance of Tulsi is as follows:
- It is firmly believed that Vishnu propitiation is incomplete without offering him the sacred Tulsi leaves. During the ritual of ‘Tulsi vivaah’ in kartik month, Tulsi is married to Lord Vishnu.
- The Vedic scriptures say, “Krishna gives Himself to a devotee who offers Him merely a Tulsi leaf and a palm full of water.”
- Tulsi is known for the self-purification value and therefore widely used in holy puja ceremonies. It is also reused in puja without creating any impurity.
- The Tulsi plant is extremely sensitive and aware, and quickly able to register the vibrations around her. Therefore Tulsi fades away in negative or unhygienic surroundings.
- Tulsi is known as the Mother of Ayurveda and is widely used in fever, insomnia, mental tension, skin problems, and the treatment of cancer and diabetes.
- The antibiotic and anti-allergic properties of Tulsi help to cure coughs and colds, sore throats, whooping cough in children etc.
- Tulsi plant releases oxygen all the time i.e. both day and night, which makes it unique from the other plants.
- The dried wood, stem and branches of Tulsi are used to make japa malas, which are considered calm and serene in nature.
- Tulsi is widely worshipped for happiness and prosperity. It is also adored by unmarried girls in virtue of good husbands.
- Keeping Tulsi plant at home prevents insects and mosquitoes from entering the house. It is said that snakes do not dare to go near a Tulsi plant.
The planetary positions determine the strength and weakness of the horoscope and how the planets influence the directions and sub-directions in Vastu Shastra. Vastu Doasha represents a flaw in particular direction and a corresponding fault in the vibrations of a particular planet. The remedial measure in such cases aims to enhance the positivity of a planet and reduces the malefic effects, to attain harmony and balance with the natural force.
Sphatik or quartz crystals and crystal beads have their own importance as purifier or during meditative chanting. Because of the silica base, Quartz crystals have a very stable energy and a very precise and regular frequency. The immaculate structure responds to energies such as light, heat, sound, bio-electricity, and even waves. So the crystals are considered valuable due to their ability to respond to the thought waves and bio-electric energies; which helps in rebalancing the body and various troublesome situations in life. Charged crystal sets up a powerful energy field which encourages the person’s own subtle to vibrate at finer frequencies and clean away the dense negative vibrations. Another effective remedy is of crystal charged with Reiki. It is most effective to remove Vastu dosha.
Any mantra associated with a specific planet adds its vibrations to the lost portion of the aura to attain cosmic balance in human body and mind. The various bad effects of a faulty direction can be removed by chanting the mantra of the planet governing that direction. Mantra is the key to access certain functions or programmes of your brain for performing a specific task, such as harmonising labour relations, improving your cash flow, opening new product lines, attracting new clients, etc. The effectiveness of the mantra depends on the correct pronunciation too. Sound energy generated by chanting of mantras correctly and with correct pronunciation imparts a specific rhythm to the atmospheric atoms, for charging the creative energies of the entire space.
A yantra is a symbol or diagram that eliminates the harmful effects in its vicinity. By chanting of beej mantras, performing havans and other rituals, the yantra go through a series of purification and energising processes which make them potent to ward off negative vibrations in the surroundings. Specific Vastu yantras propitiating Vastu purush with mantras of Vastu shanti can be used or Nav Grih Vastu yantras for specific directional faults can also be used as per the direction wise classification of the planets. Other yantras like bagula mukhi yantra, matsya yantra, kanakdhara yantra, shri yantra and kuber yantra can be used to dispel Vastu faults as well as usher in wealth and prosperity in home, business, shop, office or factory.
Conatct shubhpuja.com for personal consultation and, yantra and crystals.
There is deep bonding between man and nature, so the presence of plants, trees and water bodies helps us to connect to the natural world. A subtle blend of design, shape, colour, appropriate plants, and water bodies can enhance the positive vibrations in and around the house for optimum health and happiness. By following few of the vastu tips in the outside environment, a cherished bliss and peace can be experienced.
- Give your garden a regular shape like square and rectangle. The soil should be compact, smooth, yellow and should have a sweet smell.
- Planting of herbs and medicinal plants like tulsi and neem, helps in adding positive vibrations to the environment.
- It is auspicious to grow an abundance of fragrant colourful flowers, herbs, evergreen plants like money plant in the north, to attract wealth and luck.
- East is associated with growth and it receives the morning rays of the sun so be sure not to grow any tall plants and trees here which block these rays.
- North-east is the ideal place for a lily pond, a small pond or a fountain. Medicinal plants and herbs such as tulsi, neem, mint, coriander and thyme would be auspicious here.
- If your garden is to the south of your house, then plant tall trees to block out the harmful rays of the midday sun.
- South-east is ideal to grow herbs, mint, fennel, basil and citrus You can also build a barbecue towards the south-east of the garden.
- West is the direction associated with Saturn, so tall trees and metal garden furniture is suitable for garden in west direction. Metal swings and rides for children can also be placed here.
- Keep the centre zone of the garden clean and clutter-free. Do not allow dead leaves, twigs or any other junk to pile up there.
- Heavy leaf bearing trees like ashoka, neem, arjun, punnage and sirisa, are best situated on south-west side as they supply pure oxygen and also provide protection from the infrared rays of the afternoon sun.
- Rock gardens, if required, can also be in the south-west region sloping down towards the north or/ and east.
- As per ancient literature of Vastu, trees like pakar, barh, udumber, and peepal are considered inauspicious in the south, west, north and east, respectively. The auspicious directions for these trees are pakar in north, peepal in the west, udumber in the south and barh in the east.
- Trees like ashoka, almond, nilgiri, coconut, neem, lemon, nagakesar, kathal, shami and arisht are recommended for planting within the house limits.
- As per Feng Shui, a clamp of bamboo signifies good health and longevity of the occupants and it is also a good addition to the garden.
- Do not keep pricky cactus plants or bonsai inside the house. Avoid pots made of synthetic material inside the house.