‘Shiv’ means the destroyer of bad karmas and ‘linga’ means to mark or sign which symbolize the Supreme God. So literally ‘Shivling’ is referred as the sacred symbol of Lord Shiva. In real terms, Shiv-Linga is a symbol or sign of duality (dual character) of the pious Shiva and his cosmic universal energy. It is a process defining the creation of mortals within the omnipresent and omnipotent Universe.
Shivling is known for its purity, thus it consists of immense energy and radiates it when adored. The worshipping of shivling by washing it with water and chanting the mantras is commonly called as Rudrabhishiek or Shivling Abhishek Puja. This is especially done from pure milk, curd, ghee, sugar, mustard oil etc; significantly during the Hindu month of Shravan.
Why to perform Rudrabhishiek Puja?
The Shivling releases frequencies of Knowledge (dhyan), devotion (bhakti) and detachment (vairagya) which is experienced during puja. It is said that this energy has been gathered through ‘sagar manthan’ in which Lord Shiva consumed the dangerous poison Halahal to save the humanity from destruction.
Performing Rudrabhishek Puja and chanting Maha Mrityuanjay mantras dispels ignorance by spreading the light of knowledge, and blesses the beings with wisdom and happiness.
How to perform Rudrabhishiek Puja?
Devotees worship Lord Shiva and his ‘Shivling with devotion and faith to seek the grace and happiness. Let’s make the Shivling Abhishek easy for you by just following few steps.
- The size of lingam for home puja should not exceed the breadth of your three right hand fingers joined together, accompanied with snake and Nandi.
- The place from where the water is poured on the shivling and is drained must be facing North or East.
- The devotee should start the puja by chanting ‘Om Namah Shivaye’.
- Use bel leaves and not tulsi while offering to the lingam.
- The panchamrit is offered made from any five ingredients out of- Gangajal, honey, sugarcane juice, milk, yogurt, ghee, sea water, coconut water, milk, fragrant oils, rose water or other precious liquids.
- After doing Panchamrit Abhishek, the lingam is cleaned by pouring Gangajal over it.
- Then trident is made on the shivling using normal sandal wood paste or asta gandha.
- After that sweets, coconut, flowers and fruits are offered to the Lord and camphor and incense sticks are also are lit and ‘arati’ is conducted.
- If you keep a Shivling at home it should be accompanied by a constant flow of water or jaldhara, to maintain the serene and cool environment around it.
- Finally, ringing of bells indicates the end of Puja and fruits, sweets and coconut are distributed as ‘prasadam.’
Book your Rudrabhishek Puja package now: http://www.shubhpuja.com/product/rudrabhishiek-puja/
There is deep bonding between man and nature, so the presence of plants, trees and water bodies helps us to connect to the natural world. A subtle blend of design, shape, colour, appropriate plants, and water bodies can enhance the positive vibrations in and around the house for optimum health and happiness. By following few of the vastu tips in the outside environment, a cherished bliss and peace can be experienced.
- Give your garden a regular shape like square and rectangle. The soil should be compact, smooth, yellow and should have a sweet smell.
- Planting of herbs and medicinal plants like tulsi and neem, helps in adding positive vibrations to the environment.
- It is auspicious to grow an abundance of fragrant colourful flowers, herbs, evergreen plants like money plant in the north, to attract wealth and luck.
- East is associated with growth and it receives the morning rays of the sun so be sure not to grow any tall plants and trees here which block these rays.
- North-east is the ideal place for a lily pond, a small pond or a fountain. Medicinal plants and herbs such as tulsi, neem, mint, coriander and thyme would be auspicious here.
- If your garden is to the south of your house, then plant tall trees to block out the harmful rays of the midday sun.
- South-east is ideal to grow herbs, mint, fennel, basil and citrus You can also build a barbecue towards the south-east of the garden.
- West is the direction associated with Saturn, so tall trees and metal garden furniture is suitable for garden in west direction. Metal swings and rides for children can also be placed here.
- Keep the centre zone of the garden clean and clutter-free. Do not allow dead leaves, twigs or any other junk to pile up there.
- Heavy leaf bearing trees like ashoka, neem, arjun, punnage and sirisa, are best situated on south-west side as they supply pure oxygen and also provide protection from the infrared rays of the afternoon sun.
- Rock gardens, if required, can also be in the south-west region sloping down towards the north or/ and east.
- As per ancient literature of Vastu, trees like pakar, barh, udumber, and peepal are considered inauspicious in the south, west, north and east, respectively. The auspicious directions for these trees are pakar in north, peepal in the west, udumber in the south and barh in the east.
- Trees like ashoka, almond, nilgiri, coconut, neem, lemon, nagakesar, kathal, shami and arisht are recommended for planting within the house limits.
- As per Feng Shui, a clamp of bamboo signifies good health and longevity of the occupants and it is also a good addition to the garden.
- Do not keep pricky cactus plants or bonsai inside the house. Avoid pots made of synthetic material inside the house.
Family is an integral part of life and it’s crucial for us to maintain our relationships and fulfil the responsibility as a member of the house. Conflicts, issues, tensions, coldness, aggressive behaviour and lack of harmony and financial insecurity are few of the major issues affecting the happiness of the family; so by following few Vastu tips it can be overcome.
- Be cautious about the south-west corner of the house as most of the conflicts are traced in this area. If there is a water source or door in this zone then extra care must be taken as it must be avoided.
- A wall, pillar, pits etc. in the centre (Brahmasthan) of the house are inauspicious. Keep this area neat and tidy or hang a metal chime here.
- Have plenty of light in south and south-west area of your house.
- For health related issues, check north-east, centre and south-east zones of your house. The faults must be improvised carefully.
- An extended south-east or bedrooms in the south-east can be the cause for too much of aggression, bad temper or domestic violence.
- The head of the family should live in the south-west bedroom as it is important for maintaining authority and a balanced outlook.
- A blocked north or a toilet in the north-east causes lots of interpersonal conflicts and disturbances among family peace.
- Extensions in south-east and north-west are responsible for certain families constantly getting embroiled in litigation.
- For educations aspect, children must study in the north-east rooms facing east. They should sleep with their head towards the east.
- In case of financial issues, investigate the north-east corner and keep it clean and clutter-free. An aquarium or fountain can be placed in north of north-east of the house.
- Place your assets like jewellery, cash, bank cheque-books, property papers and other important documents in a central north room of the house with the almirahs kept in the south-west corners of the room and opening towards the north.
Vastu involves an understanding of the eight directions that includes four cardinal directions and four angles or vidishas. The centre part of all these directions is called ‘brahmasthan’. Every direction is unique in its own way and there is certain speciality of each of them, so according to their significance the house should be planned and constructed.
West direction is capable of giving success, glory, fame and fortune.
North is the place of mother. By leaving open space in north, the maternal side of the family prospers.
South direction is responsible for wealth, success, happiness and peace.
North-east zone is assigned to water. Appropriate for constructing borewell or underground tank. This sector gives stability to the family.
North-west zone is assigned to air. It is good to keep finished goods in this area as they will move fast. It is responsible for relationships, friends and enemies.
South-east zone is assigned to fire. Kitchen, pantry, furnace or boiler should be placed there. Zit is responsible for good health and healthy finances of the inmates of house.
South-west zone is assigned to earth. This is the best area for master bedroom. It gives stability to the head member of the family.
These directions cannot change the destiny yet it ensures the safety measures by creating a harmonious space and strength to bear the problems in life. It is like a free will to a person, where he decides what to choose or not.
Our life is a beautiful gift of God bestowed upon us to survive and cherish the essence of nature. The care free child enjoys and smiles every moment as he is away from material and societal norms. But as we grow up, we are captivated in the trap of materialism and forget our true self.
In the race of gaining wealth and success, there are times you must have faced failure or might be facing it now. You must be developing the negative feeling of jealousy from the ones who are over filled and regret your luck for it.
So if you are a victim of any financial and material loss or if you are unable to survive in this highly showbiz world then we at Shubhpuja have a solution for you. Lord Kubera is the protector and distributor of wealth and prosperity and he showers unlimited grace upon his devotees, if they adore him from heart.
About Kuber Puja:
Kubera was cursed by Goddess Parvati for his evil intentions against her but later when she forgave him; he was blessed with the responsibility of being the Lord of wealth and material. Lord Kuber is the distributor of wealth whereas Goddess Lakshmi is the originator of wealth. He is also referred as the Lord of north direction. So to seek the continuous shower of wealth and prosperity in your family, Kuber Puja is must. By faithfully and heartily adoring the glories of Kubera, devotees attract his blessings and he travels on his flying chariot (Pushpak) to bestow his love upon them.
Why should you do this puja?
- To get rid of the crisis situations
- To gain material wealth and prosperity
- To achieve the strength of dealing with unstable situation
- To protect your possession and Kubera stand beside you during any financial problem
So smile and get ready to receive immense blessings of Kubera by booking your Kuber Puja package now and getting rid of all your wealth issues: http://shubhpuja.com/kuberupasana-id-344743.html