There is deep bonding between man and nature, so the presence of plants, trees and water bodies helps us to connect to the natural world. A subtle blend of design, shape, colour, appropriate plants, and water bodies can enhance the positive vibrations in and around the house for optimum health and happiness. By following few of the vastu tips in the outside environment, a cherished bliss and peace can be experienced.
- Give your garden a regular shape like square and rectangle. The soil should be compact, smooth, yellow and should have a sweet smell.
- Planting of herbs and medicinal plants like tulsi and neem, helps in adding positive vibrations to the environment.
- It is auspicious to grow an abundance of fragrant colourful flowers, herbs, evergreen plants like money plant in the north, to attract wealth and luck.
- East is associated with growth and it receives the morning rays of the sun so be sure not to grow any tall plants and trees here which block these rays.
- North-east is the ideal place for a lily pond, a small pond or a fountain. Medicinal plants and herbs such as tulsi, neem, mint, coriander and thyme would be auspicious here.
- If your garden is to the south of your house, then plant tall trees to block out the harmful rays of the midday sun.
- South-east is ideal to grow herbs, mint, fennel, basil and citrus You can also build a barbecue towards the south-east of the garden.
- West is the direction associated with Saturn, so tall trees and metal garden furniture is suitable for garden in west direction. Metal swings and rides for children can also be placed here.
- Keep the centre zone of the garden clean and clutter-free. Do not allow dead leaves, twigs or any other junk to pile up there.
- Heavy leaf bearing trees like ashoka, neem, arjun, punnage and sirisa, are best situated on south-west side as they supply pure oxygen and also provide protection from the infrared rays of the afternoon sun.
- Rock gardens, if required, can also be in the south-west region sloping down towards the north or/ and east.
- As per ancient literature of Vastu, trees like pakar, barh, udumber, and peepal are considered inauspicious in the south, west, north and east, respectively. The auspicious directions for these trees are pakar in north, peepal in the west, udumber in the south and barh in the east.
- Trees like ashoka, almond, nilgiri, coconut, neem, lemon, nagakesar, kathal, shami and arisht are recommended for planting within the house limits.
- As per Feng Shui, a clamp of bamboo signifies good health and longevity of the occupants and it is also a good addition to the garden.
- Do not keep pricky cactus plants or bonsai inside the house. Avoid pots made of synthetic material inside the house.
The unique study of Palmistry is divided into two major sections or sciences known as cheirognomy and cheiromancy. Cheirognomy is the branch that deals with the shape of hands and fingers, and cheiromancy deals with the lines and markings of the palm. The inter-related branches are incomplete without each other and correct predictions can only be done by thorough study of both the sciences.
Have you ever thought that what is the shape of your hand and how the varied shapes of hands affects our thoughts, nature and even career. Here we will discuss the seven major types of hands, which may again be subdivided into further categories.
The Elementary or Lowest Type:
The palm is thick and coarse with short and clumsy fingers, and short nails. Here the palm dominates the hand i.e. the animal nature prevails. These types of people possess little mental capacity and have a strong influence towards the order of brute. Violent and passionate in life yet their coward instinct prevents them to take risk.
The Square or Useful Hand:
The palm is square at the wrist, square at the base of the fingers, and square shaped fingers. In fact the nails are also short and square. Such people are orderly, punctual and precise with great sense of discipline. They prefer reason to instinct, peace to war, and are quite methodical in work and habits. They are not adaptable to people, new ideas and have no interest in creative or art work. They disbelieve what they cannot comprehend.
The Spatulate or Nervous Active Type:
It is unusually broad at the wrist or at the base of the fingers, with the tips of each finger resembling the spatula. They are restless and excitable and never stick to anything for long. They are intense lover of action, energy and independence. This is like a hand of great engineers, explorers, scientists, navigators and mechanics; but not always. They possess an original way of perception and singular independence of spirit.
The Philosophic or Knotty Hand:
The hand is long and angular, with bony fingers, developed joints, and long nails. Such people are humanity lovers and are quite distinct from the crowd. They are silent and secretive, deep thinkers and very careful over little matters. They are proud with the pride of being different; and rarely forget an injury yet bestowed with patience. Brahmans, Yogis and other mystic people like Jesuits of Catholic Church, often possess such hands.
The Conic or Artistic Type:
This is a medium sized hand, palm slightly tapering, and the fingers full at the base, or slightly pointed, at the tip or nail phalange. Main traits of such hand is impulse and instinct; the one in which love of luxury and indolence predominate. Though quick in thoughts and ideas, yet they are devoid of patience and tire easily. They do not reason, they judge by impulse and instinct and are good conversationalists. Possess generous, sympathetic and emotional temperament.
The Psychic or Idealistic Hand:
The most beautiful hand, yet the most unfortunate of seven types is a long, narrow, and fragile-looking, with slender, tapering fingers and almond shaped nails. They have a pure visionary and idealistic nature; who have no idea about being logical or practical. They are easily influenced; and seem to dwell on the confines of spirituality, without knowing why. Thus in the worldly sense they are usually left behind in the race for fame and fortune.
The Mixed Hand:
The mixed type is so called as the hand cannot be classified as square, spatulate, conic or psychic; the fingers also belong to different types- often one pointed, one square, one spatulate, one philosophical, etc. This is the hand of ideas, versatility and is generally of changeability of purpose. They are adaptable to people and circumstances, clever, but erratic in the application of talents. They find their greatest scope in work of diplomacy and tact. They usually become ‘jack of all trades’ and fail to possess the pure development.
Every individual composed of mind, body and soul have specific identity but all are existent in this One cosmic energy. This omnipresent and omnipotent Universe is eternal and everybody is a part of it. As we blossom in this Universe and grow up within it, we get detached from our sole source and get deviated from our motive. So Navaratri is the period when certain changes are prevalent around us in the nature and environment. Similar alterations can be done within us during this period. It is the most active period when the shaktis of Goddess and Gods are increased and worshipping them can transform your being, both within and around you.
- While chanting mantras and reading the Vedic scripture, the soul is tranquilised and entire humanity is benefited.
- The energy produced during adoring the deities transforms the waves around us and spreads benevolence.
- The devilish or ‘asur shaktis’ can be terminated by realizing the illusion of material world and getting rid of its effects.
Apart from spiritual awakening and divine knowledge, praising Ma Durga during these nine nights and days also solves your worldly issues.
- Concentration level increases and comes back to the stable situation, which increases efficiency in any work.
- Wisdom and knowledge are imparted which takes away education related problems.
- Personal relations among family get stronger by getting involved in the righteous work collectively.
- Childless couples are showered with a baby and pregnancy related issues are solved.
- Disputes related to property and delayed court cases get resolved.
- The malefic effects of planets are removed from one’s life and birth chart.
- Unmarried people facing delay in marriages find the perfect life partner and lead a blissful life ahead.
- Acute diseases and occurrence of minute health problems will be resolved and cured.
- Fear from certain objects and being or disturbed sleep at night will be solved.
- Financial debts or wealth related problems will come to an end along with materialistic growth.
For receiving immense blessing of Ma Durga this Navratri, book your puja package now-
Contributed By: Meenakshi Ahuja