The zodiacal sign of Cancer commences on June, 21st, but for seven days, being overlapped by the previous sign, it does not come into full power until on or about June 28th. It is in full strength until on or about July 20th.
The sign of cancer- the crab, was so called by the ancients because the sun at this time of the year appears to advance and retreat in the heavens like actions of a crab.
- These people are full of contradictions; they have deep home interests, but are at the same time restless, and have a decided longing for travel and change.
- They succeed in making their homes and their domestic life.
- They are generally over anxious in financial matters, and make great efforts to gather in money, as a rule, they have unusual ups and downs in their life.
- They are inclined to speculate, so as to make money quickly but in all the gambles they generally lose, whereas in business they are as a rule most successful.
- They are industrious and hardworking in all they undertake, but from the standpoint of chance or luck they are seldom fortunate.
- They are generally gifted with strong imaginations, and often make excellent artists, writers, composers, or musicians.
- At heart they are romantic and of a very loving and affectionate disposition.
- They have a great dislike of being dictated to, but are most devoted and faithful when treated with confidence.
- They have the most sensitive nature and if not understood, they quickly give up or get depressed and melancholy.
- They often make excellent psychics, and usually have a yearning after the mysterious.
- They should never marry young, for their nature seems to change at different stages of life.
- People born in this zodiac often reach very high exalted positions. In their home lives, however, they usually go through a great deal of trouble, and are seldom surrounded by great happiness, no matter how successful they may appear in the eye of the world.
- They have deep love for what they call “their own people,” for family customs and tradition.
- They are chiefly inclined towards gastric troubles, and they should be extremely careful in regard to shellfish and such things.
- The colours most in harmony for them are all shades of green, and cream and white.
- The birth stones most favourable for this period are pearls, diamonds, opals crystals, cat’s eyes, and moonstones.
Moon, the symbol of purity, tranquility and calmness is considered highly reverend. Celebrating the appearance of moon after Amavasya (New moon day) and adoring it is referred as Chandra Darshan. Devotees fast for the entire day and usually break their fast after viewing the moon.
- On this day the Moon holds special significance as it is difficult to spot it, being in the same horizon as Sun.
- The God of Moon is considered highly important as per Vedic astrology; and is also worshipped because of its fluctuating trait.
- Moon is a symbol of femininity, happiness, beauty, memory and wisdom; true signs to be worshipped.
- Chandra Darshan is also attached with the attainment of salvation and attaining blessings for self and family.
- All our senses are controlled by the mind and the mind is ruled by the moon. Thus adoring the moon keeps the mind and senses in control.
- Worshipping the moon cures the problem of weak eyesight and brings a glow on the face.
This year the Bhadrapada Maas Chandra Darshan falls on the 14th of September, so remember to see it 🙂
The zodiacal sign of Taurus commences on April 20th, but being overlapped by the ‘cusp’ of the previous sign, it does not come into its full power until on or about April 27th. From this date onwards it’s in full strength until on or about May 20th.
- People born in this zodiac sign have a curious power of dominating others, even when not conscious of trying to do so.
- They are very unyielding in their determination, and are often called ‘stiff-necked’ and obstinate, but when they love they are most yielding and pliable of all.
- They have great endurance, both physical and mental, and can pass through enormous strains of fatigue as long as the excitement or determination lasts.
- They have great ability to commit to memory from books. Often very successful in literary works.
- They make wonderful hosts and hostesses, and have great taste about food, and in the management of their houses they can make much out of little.
- They have good business intuition, and are generally considered richer than they are due to their dress style.
- They are governed by their sensations and by their loving nature, but affection has a great hold on them than passion.
- They are generous to utmost degree and will do any sacrifice for their loved ones.
- Neither men nor women born in this period should marry early as their first marriage is usually a mistake.
- They are too easily misled by their emotions, sensations, or affections.
- They forgive at the slightest show of feelings or kindness, and this side of their nature makes them do stupid acts.
- They have an innate sense of harmony, rhythm, and colour, and often succeed in music, poetry and art.
- They make the most faithful friends; also excellent public servants, officials, or as heads in the Government positions in the army.
- They usually suffer from health issues like throat problem, nasal cavities and upper part of the lungs.
- Most favourable colours to them are all shades of blue. Red is an exciting colour for them so it should be preferred as little as possible.
- The birth stones for this period are emeralds, turquoises, and lapis lazuli.
The zodiacal sign of Aquarius commences on January 21st, but for seven days, being overlapped by the ‘cusp’ of the previous sign, it does not come into full power until January 28th. Similarly from this date onwards it is in full strength until February 19th.
- These people are generally lonely in life; they are over sensitive, and easily wounded in their feelings.
- They read character instinctively, and for this reason they see through people too easily.
- They are not demonstrative in affection, but feel very deeply.
- If they like they fight to the bitter end for their friend or family, but if they dislike then they are just as intense as they belong to lower plane of humanity.
- They are usually high-strung, and their nerves are generally overwrought. Being over hyper, they usually say or do things that they regret later.
- They are very active for the public welfare, and will give their best to relieve the stress of others.
- They are good reasoners, and are very successful in debate and arguments.
- They are excellent in business and finance when they apply their minds to such things. They have visions, imagination and invention.
- They have a controlling power and often subdue others with their eyes.
- Their greatest fault is that it generally takes some sudden call of circumstances to make them ‘make the most of themselves’.
- They are inclined in ordinary conditions to let their opportunities slip, or realise them only when it is too late.
- They have their best bond with those born from May 21 to June 20 and September 21 to October 20 or 27; by adding the seven days of cusp.
- They usually suffer from stomach issues, and delicacy of eyes due to bad circulation.
- The favourable colours for them are all shades of electric blues and electric greys.
- The birth stones for the period are sapphires, pink topazes, and moonstones.
The zodiacal sign of Capricorn commences on December 21st, but for 7 days, being overlapped by the ‘cusp’ of the previous sign, it does not come into its full power until on or about December 28th. It is in full strength until January 20th, and is then for seven days gradually losing its strength on account of becoming overlapped by the cusp of the incoming sign i.e. Aquarius. So these people generally partake of the characteristics of both Capricorn as well as Aquarius.
- They are thinkers, reasoners, and make natural heads of business organizations or any form of government work.
- They possess strong mental force, but they are, generally misunderstood by others.
- They must be leaders in whatever they are engaged, or else they are inclined to lose their interest in work.
- They are independent and high-minded in all their actions, and detest being under the restraint of others.
- They have strange ideas if love, duty, and social position, and due to this they are often considered ‘odd’.
- Even when they are not religious they have a deep devotional nature, and make great efforts to do good to others.
- They often make excellent speakers, but not so much through oratory as by plain speaking; often too much so for their own good.
- Such people generally feel their responsibilities too keenly, and often worry themselves into bad health.
- Although they appear cold, they have a warm heart towards suffering, and as a rule they give largely in charities to institutions.
- If inclined to be religious they usually go to extremes, and become fanatical in their zeal.
- They worship intellectual, clever people, and are deep thinkers; they rarely interfere with the affairs of others, but they will never stand interference from others.
- They usually make the best bond with people who are born in their own period or from April 20 to end of May, and August 21 to September 27th.
- They generally suffer from indigestion, rheumatism, and pains in the feet.
- Most suited or lucky colours for them are all tones of grey, all ranges of violet and purple, and also black.
- Birth stones for this period are moon-stones, pearls, and amethysts.