Makar Sankranti 2018: History, Customs and Why it is Celebrated
Makar Sankranti 2018: As per the traditions and customs prevalent in India, people used to visit holy rivers, temples and sun temples and used to offer oblations and worship to the deities. Read more about the history, traditions and science behind Makar Sankranti puja.
Mangal Yantra is very useful. With this, one overcomes his enemies, gets protection from effects of poisonous articles. The yantra also removes the evil effects of Mars like injury, accident etc. Those who are suffering from high blood pressure should keep the Mangal Yantra in their house and worship it daily.
The mantra is repeated for twenty one times in a morning.
The mantra for recital is:-
“Om Kraam Kreem Kraum sah bhaumaya Namaha”
Benefits of Mangal Yantra
- Mangal Yantra can be very helpful in reducing the strength of Manglik Dosh in a horoscope and accordingly it can reduce the problems which are indicated in the married life of a native due to the negative effects of Manglik Dosh.
- Mangal Yantra can also bless the native with increased physical strength as well as increased mental stability and the native tends to be more logical and more physically balanced.
- Mangal Yantra removes the evil effects of Mars like injury, accident etc.
- The Mangal Yantra is the perfect device to soothe the ill placed Mars of your Birth Chart. It will equip you with its powerful radiations that can unknot your financial problems, relationship problems and anger attacks.
- Mangal Yantra can also be good when it comes to the relationships of a native with his brothers and friends.
How to do worship by this yantra
- The installation of Mangal Yantra on Tuesday is good.
- Place the Yantra facing the East or the North in a clean and sacred altar.
- Light a candle or ghee lamp and an incense stick in front of the Yantra. You can offer fresh or dry fruits as Prasad, as well.
- Periodically wash the Yantra with water or milk. Then, rinse it with water and wipe it to dry.
- Chant the Mantra above in front of the Yantra, preferably after showering.
Where to place it
- This yantra should be established on Monday.
- This yantra keep it in your Home/Office and Shop.
- Yantra may be placed facing East or the North corner of the house.
Mars or Mangal is the ferocious planet that depicts energy, motivation, will-power, self-confidence and ego. Mangal Graha is also the ruler of our carnal desires and our basic animalistic nature. Mangal bellies the impulse and ensures that people act before they contemplate. The raw, impatient, rash, aggressive and adventurous side of people is driven by the planet, along with our competitive streak. It is related to Tuesday and is also known as the ‘planet of action’ in our horoscope.
What is Mangal or Manglik dosh?
The placement of planet Mars in 1st, 4th, 7th, 8th, 12th house from ascendant, Moon and Venus of horoscope is the scenario called as Mangal or Manglik dosha. This holds utmost important in our Vedic astrology, especially at the time of marriage. Therefore, if one wishes to lead successful marital life, position of Mars in the horoscope needs to be analysed thoroughly.
Effects of Mangal Dosh:
- When Mars is in the first house, conflicts and violence in marriage is predicted.
- When Mars is in the second house, it affects the person’s family causing trouble in marriage and profession.
- When Mars is in the fourth house, the person fails to succeed on the professional front, switching jobs.
- When Mars is in the seventh house, the excess energy within makes the person ill-tempered. Cordial relationship with family members is almost impossible because of the domineering nature.
- When Mars is in the eighth house, being alienated from elders, the person loses paternal property.
- When Mars is in the tenth house, the person suffers from mental problem and incurs financial losses besides having enemies.
Remedies for Mangal Dosh:
- If there are similar afflictions in the horoscopes of the boy and the girl, the ‘Manglik dosha’ gets cancelled.
- If one of them has Mars in the ‘Lagna’, Second, Fourth, Seventh, Eighth or the Twelfth House and the other has Saturn or ‘Rahu / Ketu’ in the ‘Lagna’, Second, Fourth, Seventh, Eighth or the Twelfth House, then too, the defects get cancelled.
- Ritualistically if the mangalik first marries a Banana tree, Peepal tree or a silver / gold idol of Lord Vishnu, then the negative effect is nullified.
- Fasting on Tuesday is considered to be a very effective remedy.
- Chanting Navgraha Mantra (Mangal Mantra) or Hanuman Chalisa on Tuesdays can produce favourable results. Chanting Gayatri manta 108 times a day is also effective.
- Visiting Navagraha temples, performing pujas and visiting Lord Hanuman temples on Tuesdays are effective ways of mitigating the ill-effects of mangal dosha.
- Certain things like sword and knife are offered to propitiate Mars. Besides Foods like lenthil Daal, wheat bread, red silk and red stones are offered to Mars as an act of pacification.
- Wear a gold ring with a red coral on the ring finger of the right hand, to reduce the malefic effect.
- A Mangalik is advised to get married after the age of 28 because the intensity of the dosha comes down with age.
- The most important remedy is ‘Mangal Dosh Nivaran Puja’ as it is not only to eliminate Mangal dosha or observe smoothness during Mangal Mahadasha from in one’s planetary cycle but also to achieve peace and ease in married life.
Book your puja package today: http://www.shubhpuja.com/Mangal-id-855758.html
Similar to the pitra dosh, ‘Matra dosh’ is caused by the evil effects of Moon as the malefic planet. When moon makes combination with Rahu, Saturn and Mars, then matra dosh is formed. Various combinations are involved for the formation of this dosh.
- If the first house is affected by malefic planets and Moon is present in seventh house, Saturn or Rahu affects the fourth and the fifth house.
- If rahu, Jupiter and mars are present in the eighth house and, Saturn and moon in the fifth house, then matra dosh arises in kundli.
How Matra dosh can affect you?
As per the alignment of Moon with other evil planets, it directly affects the females in the house. Issues like problems in conceiving, mental stress and tensions, continuous illness, financial instability, friction between relationships with other members and other such problems are often faced by the native.
Matra dosh Nivaran
Feeding the hungry and poor people with milk helps to get relief from this fault. Also worshipping the peepal tree and oragnising ‘grah shanti puja’ further solves the problems. Respecting the female members and seeking their blessings should be a regular act.
If you have been a part of wedding preparations at some point of your lives, chances are that you’d probably have come across the term “Manglik Dosh”. You might have heard this term more prominently during the discussion about the boy’s and the girl’s horoscopes. Manglik Dosh, as the name suggests, refers to the impact that the planet Mars makes on a person’s life when it takes certain positions in the ascendant chart. People born under this influence are called Mangliks. Technically, for a person to be manglik, Mars should be in the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th, or 12th house of the ascendant chart.
Since Mars is regarded as a bold and fiery planet, a manglik by nature is quarrelsome and aggressive. This domineering and bold nature is said to spell disaster in their married lives.
It is astrologically believed that the manglik dosh is unfavorable for marriages, causing discomfort and tension in relationships. There are several myths regarding this condition, the most famous being that the non manglik spouse dies after marrying a Manglik, even though this is an extreme possibility.
There are a number of measures one can take to ensure a blissful married life. It is believed that the negative consequences for a single-manglik marriage can be resolved if the manglik first performs a ceremony called akumbh vivah, in which the manglik “marries” a banana tree, a peepal tree, or a silver or gold idol of the Hindu God Vishnu.
The bad effects of Mangal Dosh can also be reduced with the help of astrological remedies including the application of Pooja, Mantras, and Gemstones.
There are various combinations regarding the extent and effect of this dosh in the horoscope. But of late, an increasing number of individuals are placing less emphasis on Manglik Dosha, during the selection of a life partner. And what’s wrong in that? Finally it comes down to personal preferences while giving importance to such conditions.
This is so because there are many contradictions to this condition. To begin with, this Dosh is popular only with Hindus. If this Dosh really existed, then it must be applicable to people of all religion, cast and creed. Logically speaking, this Dosh, is therefore connected to the Hindu religion alone rather than Astrology as a whole. Now if the fate of a person is written in his/her Horoscope wouldn’t he/she die according to his/her own fate? In other words if the destiny of the person along with his death is written in the Horoscope at the time of birth, how and why will it change after marriage?
Whatever your beliefs maybe, Manglik Dosh still continues to be one of the most widely discussed and debated topics in regards with the Hindu marriages.
Contributed By : Mihir Ajgaonkar