Moon, the symbol of purity, tranquility and calmness is considered highly reverend. As per Vedic Astrology, Moon is worshipped because of its fluctuating nature and its effects. He is widely portrayed holding a lotus while seated in a beautiful chariot pulled by ten white horses or an antelope. Literally ‘chandra’ means ‘bright and shining’ in Sanskrit, thus Chandra God illuminates the dark sky and enlightens the being. He is also known as the God of vegetation and fertility.
Significance of Chandra:
Chandra or Moon God is adored for its powers to bestow life upon creatures and spreading the spark of coolness all around. Devotees worship the Moon God to get rid of all the worries and receive a positive ray of hope in their lives. He graces the worshipper with mental and physical peace and strengthens them to face the rough challenges. Worshipping the moon cures the problem of weak eyesight and brings a glow on the face. Being an indicator of feminine and motherly traits, couples pray to Lord Chandra for having a child.
Chandra in Vedic Astrology:
Moon God is said to be married to 27 Nakshatras, the daughters of Daksha. Chandra is the father of Budha (Mercury) and presides over Somvar (Monday). He is also one of the nine Navagrahas of Hindu Astrology. As per the Vedic Astrology, Chandra represents the mind, emotions, brain, imagination, beauty, mother, softness, and sensitivity. Soma rules Karkadaka rashi (Cancer) and is believed to be glorious if seen in Vrishabha rashi (Taurus) and not good in Vrishchika rashi (Scorpio). Chandra is most beneficial in 4th house of the horoscope.
Chandra (Moon God) is praised for its bountiful love and universally adored by children as well as elders. Gazing the moon for hours keeps our mind controlled and helps us to merge with our inner self. Thus worshipping the Moon God helps us to stay tolerant and stable in our hectic lives.
To receive the blessings of moon and resolve all your issues, book your Chandra puja now: http://www.shubhpuja.com/product/chandra-puja/
Past cannot be undone and future is unpredictable but the present can be glorified by our acts. Due to whatever reason, the shortcomings occurred in our birth chart and created stress but the blessings of our elders and God Almighty can always be a silver lining for us. Ayurvedic treatment may be long lasting and arduous but cures the disease from its roots. Similarly, it is mentioned in our Vedas that pleasing the ancestors and remembering them truly curtail our problems.
First and foremost, performing ‘Shradh puja’ is considered to be the auspicious act to tranquillise the departed soul of our ancestors.
The holy puja is performed on the death date of the person or on the no moon (Amavasya) day of any month or during the 15 lunar moon days.
By offering water, scented flowers, couch grass and sesame seeds through ‘Pitra dosh nivaran’.
‘Tarpan’ is the offerings made during the process along with chanting of mantras.
Favourite cuisines are specially prepared and offered to the priest or Brahmin after the puja.
After feeding the Brahmins, food or ‘prasadam’ is placed in the balcony or terrace walls so that the crows can feed upon them, symbolic to our ancestors.
At the end, Lord Vishnu is worshipped by chanting the mantra:
ll Yasya Smirtya cha Namoktaya Tapoyagya Kriyadishu,
Newnam Sampurntam Yati Sadhyo Vande Tamchayutam ll
To remove Pitra Dosh offer prayers to ancestors: http://shubhpuja.com/pitradoshshanti-id-344736.html
- Another solution is that on the day of any somwatianavasya (i.e. Amavasya on Monday), visit the peepal tree and offer ‘janeu’ to the tree and also to Lord Vishnu. Do 108 ‘parikrama’ of the tree by faithfully chanting ‘Om namobhagwate Vaasudewaya’. Have faith in him and seek forgiveness for your ill deeds.
- Pinddaan is offering rice, cow’s milk, ghee, food, sugar and honey to the ancestors, whole heartedly.
- Feed cows with ghee and rice balls every Saturday.
- Stand on the mat during sunrise and chant ‘Gayatri mantra’ to strengthen the position of Sun in your horoscope.
- Helping the poor and disabled and remembering your ancestors is an easy path to receive blessings for them.
- Avoid consumption of non-vegetarian food, alcohol and other such tamasic edibles along with outside food.
- In the south direction of your habitat, hang portraits of your ancestors and greet them with fresh flowers garland.
- Respect and seek blessings from the elders at our home, as their blessings is the only way to receive peace and happiness.
- Offer regular donations to hospitals or temples in the name of our ancestors and if possible, assist in the education and marriage of orphan girls.