With the Dust of the Lotus Feet of Sri Gurudeva, I Clean the Mirror of my Mind.
I Narrate the Sacred Glory of Sri Raghubar (Sri Rama Chandra), who Bestows the Four Fruits of Life (Dharma, Artha, Kama and Moksha).
The recent interview of our Prime Minister Modi Ji with the founder of Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg has truly honoured every Indian by the efforts of our dynamic PM. This meeting portrayed India in entirely different colours by highlighting the potential of this nation. Yet the main attraction of this talk was the mention by Mark about the Indian temple; which he was advised to visit by late Steve Jobs.
Yes we all are aware about the huge religious and spiritual background of our country but it is surprising to know the faith of foreigners in our devotional land. Zuckerberg told Mr Modi of this little known incident. He said that the late Apple CEO Steve Jobs urged him to visit a temple in India at a time when Facebook “wasn’t doing so well.”
The temple about which he was referring to is the Kainchi Dham Ashram in Nainital, in the state of Uttarakhand. This is Neem Karoli or Neeb Karori Baba’s Ashram, who is believed to be the reincarnation of Lord Hanuman. In 1962, Baba Neem Karoli built a platform where two spiritual gurus Sombari Maharaj and Sadhu Premi Baba performed their ‘Yagyas’ and later the ashram was built. Neem Karoli Baba has ashrams at different places including Lucknow and Texas, US.
Mars or Mangal is the ferocious planet that depicts energy, motivation, will-power, self-confidence and ego. Mangal Graha is also the ruler of our carnal desires and our basic animalistic nature. Mangal bellies the impulse and ensures that people act before they contemplate. The raw, impatient, rash, aggressive and adventurous side of people is driven by the planet, along with our competitive streak. It is related to Tuesday and is also known as the ‘planet of action’ in our horoscope.
What is Mangal or Manglik dosh?
The placement of planet Mars in 1st, 4th, 7th, 8th, 12th house from ascendant, Moon and Venus of horoscope is the scenario called as Mangal or Manglik dosha. This holds utmost important in our Vedic astrology, especially at the time of marriage. Therefore, if one wishes to lead successful marital life, position of Mars in the horoscope needs to be analysed thoroughly.
Effects of Mangal Dosh:
- When Mars is in the first house, conflicts and violence in marriage is predicted.
- When Mars is in the second house, it affects the person’s family causing trouble in marriage and profession.
- When Mars is in the fourth house, the person fails to succeed on the professional front, switching jobs.
- When Mars is in the seventh house, the excess energy within makes the person ill-tempered. Cordial relationship with family members is almost impossible because of the domineering nature.
- When Mars is in the eighth house, being alienated from elders, the person loses paternal property.
- When Mars is in the tenth house, the person suffers from mental problem and incurs financial losses besides having enemies.
Remedies for Mangal Dosh:
- If there are similar afflictions in the horoscopes of the boy and the girl, the ‘Manglik dosha’ gets cancelled.
- If one of them has Mars in the ‘Lagna’, Second, Fourth, Seventh, Eighth or the Twelfth House and the other has Saturn or ‘Rahu / Ketu’ in the ‘Lagna’, Second, Fourth, Seventh, Eighth or the Twelfth House, then too, the defects get cancelled.
- Ritualistically if the mangalik first marries a Banana tree, Peepal tree or a silver / gold idol of Lord Vishnu, then the negative effect is nullified.
- Fasting on Tuesday is considered to be a very effective remedy.
- Chanting Navgraha Mantra (Mangal Mantra) or Hanuman Chalisa on Tuesdays can produce favourable results. Chanting Gayatri manta 108 times a day is also effective.
- Visiting Navagraha temples, performing pujas and visiting Lord Hanuman temples on Tuesdays are effective ways of mitigating the ill-effects of mangal dosha.
- Certain things like sword and knife are offered to propitiate Mars. Besides Foods like lenthil Daal, wheat bread, red silk and red stones are offered to Mars as an act of pacification.
- Wear a gold ring with a red coral on the ring finger of the right hand, to reduce the malefic effect.
- A Mangalik is advised to get married after the age of 28 because the intensity of the dosha comes down with age.
- The most important remedy is ‘Mangal Dosh Nivaran Puja’ as it is not only to eliminate Mangal dosha or observe smoothness during Mangal Mahadasha from in one’s planetary cycle but also to achieve peace and ease in married life.
Book your puja package today: http://www.shubhpuja.com/Mangal-id-855758.html
We have commonly heard about the varied malefic defects in our birth chart, some of which are created depending upon our karmas and planetary positions; one of which is ‘Kaal Sarp Yog or Kaal Sarp Dosh’.
What is Kaal Sarp Yog?
In Hindu horoscope, if all planets are between Rahu and Ketu shadow planets, the person is considered to be afflicted with Kaal sarp yog. A complete Kaal sarp yog is formed when exactly half the natal chart is unoccupied by planets. Exclusion of even one single planet outside the Rahu-Ketu axis does not signify Kaal sarp yog.
Kaal in Hindi means death whereas Sarpa means serpant or snake. Rahu and Ketu are considered serpent in astrology and hence when all planets of a kundli falls between these two planets, it ought to create dangerous effects on the person suffering from it.
Why is it formed?
Though it depends upon individual to individual yet the past karmas and their negative effects are a major reason of this malefic yog. It is said that the effect of this yog lasts for about 47 years or even more. Effects of this yog remains longer when Rahu placed in 5th, 8th, & 12th house and shorter when Rahu is placed in 3rd, 6th, & 11th house.
Impacts of Kaal Sarp Yog:
- This dosh eliminates the positive effects in life and leads to disturbance and struggle.
- One suffers from mental imbalance, loss of sleep, anxiety, and lack of self-confidence.
- Major issues like marriage, property, child, finance and so on, are often disturbed and delayed.
- The native is not able to reap the fruits of his hard work and does not get full credit of his contribution.
- The native also suffers from chronic health issues and low immunity.
- Unhealthy relation with family and friends, treachery from colleagues is also evident.
Kaal Sarp Dosh Mantra:
The Mantra given below is the Gayatri Mantra for Kaalsarpyog or Kaal Sarp Dosh mantra:
||Om Bhjangeshaaya Vidmahe, Sarprajya Dhimahi, Tanno Nagah Prachodaya||
Thus to eliminate the disastrous effects of this dosh or at least lower the effects if not eliminated completely, Kal Sarp Dosh Nivaran puja is one of the remedy. Adoring Lord Hanuman and feeding ants or fishes, should be done.
Book your puja package today: http://www.shubhpuja.com/kalsarp-id-856269.html
In the stressful and competitive life people are moving towards artificial lifestyle rather than natural living. Due to continuous dependency on machines, our natural body processes are hampered which often leads to some or the other health issues. But remember few health issues are also caused due to imbalance in the Vastu, so by following few measures and taking precautionary steps the health problems can be resolved.
- Brahmasthan should not be depressed, as it is the meeting point of all the energies from different direction. Heavy objects, lifts, stairs and toilets are strictly prohibited in the centre zone.
- A temple or a small courtyard can be made in the brahmasthan of the house or even a living room or hall can be made for small houses.
- Make sure that there are no heavy beams running through the centre, as they may lead to health problems.
- The east and south-east direction of the house should also be checked, as it should stay clean and clutter free for healthy living of the inmates.
- Hang a crystal chandelier in the central area, preferably with five bulbs. Installation of a Reiki-charged crystal grid in the brahamsathan keeps the whole house energised.
- If your house faces south with a slope towards that direction, or if the generator room is to the north-east and the underground water tank is in south-east, the possibility of health problems does exist.
- Make sure that the gate along the south wall always remains shut. The boundary wall should be as high as the gate. Place an image of Lord Hanuman facing south and also grow citrus plants on either side of the gate.
- Shift the generator towards northwest or south-east and the water tank to the north of north-east. Burning a candle in the patient room for a couple of weeks is a must too.
- If the kitchen is not located in the fire zone, i.e. south-east, the occupants are vulnerable to health disorders.
- Lighting a candle or diyas in the fire zone daily becomes as important for good health as sleeping with your head aligned towards the south.
- For maintaining good health and recovery from ailments, recite Mahamrituanjaya mantra for about 108 times daily.
- Sleeping on your left is recommended for ‘vata’ and ‘kapha’ constitutions, sleeping on your right is recommended for ‘pitta’ constitutions.
If you have been a part of wedding preparations at some point of your lives, chances are that you’d probably have come across the term “Manglik Dosh”. You might have heard this term more prominently during the discussion about the boy’s and the girl’s horoscopes. Manglik Dosh, as the name suggests, refers to the impact that the planet Mars makes on a person’s life when it takes certain positions in the ascendant chart. People born under this influence are called Mangliks. Technically, for a person to be manglik, Mars should be in the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th, or 12th house of the ascendant chart.
Since Mars is regarded as a bold and fiery planet, a manglik by nature is quarrelsome and aggressive. This domineering and bold nature is said to spell disaster in their married lives.
It is astrologically believed that the manglik dosh is unfavorable for marriages, causing discomfort and tension in relationships. There are several myths regarding this condition, the most famous being that the non manglik spouse dies after marrying a Manglik, even though this is an extreme possibility.
There are a number of measures one can take to ensure a blissful married life. It is believed that the negative consequences for a single-manglik marriage can be resolved if the manglik first performs a ceremony called akumbh vivah, in which the manglik “marries” a banana tree, a peepal tree, or a silver or gold idol of the Hindu God Vishnu.
The bad effects of Mangal Dosh can also be reduced with the help of astrological remedies including the application of Pooja, Mantras, and Gemstones.
There are various combinations regarding the extent and effect of this dosh in the horoscope. But of late, an increasing number of individuals are placing less emphasis on Manglik Dosha, during the selection of a life partner. And what’s wrong in that? Finally it comes down to personal preferences while giving importance to such conditions.
This is so because there are many contradictions to this condition. To begin with, this Dosh is popular only with Hindus. If this Dosh really existed, then it must be applicable to people of all religion, cast and creed. Logically speaking, this Dosh, is therefore connected to the Hindu religion alone rather than Astrology as a whole. Now if the fate of a person is written in his/her Horoscope wouldn’t he/she die according to his/her own fate? In other words if the destiny of the person along with his death is written in the Horoscope at the time of birth, how and why will it change after marriage?
Whatever your beliefs maybe, Manglik Dosh still continues to be one of the most widely discussed and debated topics in regards with the Hindu marriages.
Contributed By : Mihir Ajgaonkar
Born in a Hindu family I was always taken to Lord Hanuman’s temple for worshiping him on Tuesdays. When asked why specifically on Tuesdays, I was given no answer. I know many of you fall in the same category as well.
Do you know? Lord Hanuman, also known as Bajrang Bali, is the epitome of selfless service and devotion. He was born on the full moon day (Purnima) of the month Chaitra on Tuesday. That is why, every year when Chaitra month’s full moon day arrives, his birth-day is celebrated, which is called Shri Hanuman Jayanti and Tuesday is considered very auspicious day to worship Lord Hanuman.
He is worshiped for his strength and fearlessness throughout the country. But what’s in a Tuesday? Many of you might wonder. Well, according to some experts on Hindu mythology, Tuesday is an auspicious day to get rid of “Kuja Dosh”. “Kuja” means ‘burning coal’ or ‘a fair person’. It is identified with Lord Kartikeya – the God of War. He is the son of Lord Shiva and was born with six heads. He killed the invincible demon Taraka and released the Devas from his oppression. The word is more prominently heard when the horoscopes of the bride and bridegroom are studied before their marriage. People tend to be very much worried about the presence of the Kuja dosha in their natal charts as it is believed that it can cause disturbance in their marital life. As a remedy, people who are afflicted with severe Kuja should worship Lord Hanuman daily, by reciting the Hanuman Chalisa. Moreover, they should visit the temple of Lord Hanuman on Tuesdays. This would help in diluting the extent of the effects of the Kuja Dosha. So the next time you worship Lord Hanuman on Tuesdays don’t be surprised!
Contributed by Mihir Ajgaonkar, Guest Writer, Shubhpuja