Bhagwad Gita: The Song Divine
Bhagwad Gita or Gitopanishad is the best works of Vedic literature ever composed. Since it is a direct dialogue between the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Sri Krishna and his dear devotee Arjuna, it has got direct guidelines for the human beings for getting the desired goal of life.
It is not a different scripture, but a part of the fifth Veda Mahabharata which was composed by Srila Vyasadeva for the dull headed people.
As per Srimad Bhagwatam (1.4.25)
“Out of compassion, the great sage thought it wise that this would enable men to achieve the ultimate goal of life. Thus he compiled the great historical narration called the Mahābhārata ”
Bhagwad Gita is a part of Mahabharata’s Anushasan Parva from chapters 25-42. It has 3 divisions in itself which have been equally divided into portions of Gyana, Karma and Bhakti.
Divisions of Bhagwad Gita
As per the Acharyas who have commented on Bhagwad Gita, it has been divided as
- Chapters 1 to 6 are for Karma Yoga or Actions in Krishna Consciousness.
- Chapters 7 to 12 are for Bhakti Yoga or Selfless Unalloyed Devotion to Lord Krishna.
- Chapter 13 to 18 are for Gyana Yoga or The Knowledge about Supreme Lord.
Individually, the chapters have been names as:
- Chapter One: Observing the armies on Battlefield of Kurukshetra
- Chapter Two: Essence of Bhagwad Gita
- Chapter Three: Karma Yoga
- Chapter Four: Divya Gyana
- Chapter Five: Karma Yoga in Krishna Consciousness
- Chapter Six: Dhyana Yoga
- Chapter Seven: Knowledge of Absolute
- Chapter Eight: Attaining the Supreme
- Chapter Nine: The most confidential knowledge
- Chapter Ten: The opulence of absolute
- Chapter Eleven: The universal form
- Chapter Twelve: Devotional service
- Chapter Thirteen: Nature, enjoyer and consciousness
- Chapter Fourteen: Three modes of nature
- Chapter Fifteen: Yoga of Supreme
- Chapter Sixteen: Divine and demoniac nature
- Chapter Seventeen: Divisions of faith
- Chapter Eighteen: Perfection of renunciation
Why should one read Bhagwad Gita?
Bhagwad Gita lays emphasis on the following points which can be understood by a common man:
- Whatever work the leaders of the society do, the common man of the society follows them without deliberation. Hence, a leader must be careful to set examples.
- The persons whose mind is tormented by unlimited desires cannot achieve the desired goal of his life
- Anger is the biggest enemy of a person and it is generated by unsatisfied lust or desires
- Without having faith in the person who is giving you knowledge, you cannot get real knowledge from him
- The practicality of knowledge is only gained by practising austerity and being truthful.
- Success is meant only for those people who can pay the price worth for it.
These are some of the practical aspects and points from Bhagwad Gita.
Benefits of donation on Gita Jayanti
This Bhagwad Gita as a scripture was compiled by Srila Vedvyasa. And it was spoken by Lord Krishna to Arjuna in the battlefield of Kurukshetra in 45 minutes. It was spoken to Arjuna on the day of Shukla Paksha Ekadashi of Margashirsha month, the most auspicious Mokshada ekadashi.
As per Brahma Vaivarta Purana, anyone who gifts Bhagwad gita on the day of Moskhada Ekadashi gets the benefit of donating thousands of mounds of gold, Gold laiden cows and many more auspicious things.
Benefits of Bhagwad Gita Paath
The benefits of Bhagwad Gita Paath are:
- One gets benefit of giving huge donations in charity to Brahmins and Cows.
- One gets the desired result in any field in which he applied for.
- One gets desired success in the examinations for which he is appearing for.
- The paath of Bhagwad Gita ensures complete freedom all sorts of negative energies on the house and people living in the house.
- If there is any malefic planet in the kundali which is showing it’s negative effects, the person is immediately relieved from it.
- If there is any financial loss or loss in business, the paath eradicates all sorts of negative intentions and cause of such miseries.
Muhurat for Gita Paath
This year, Mokshada Ekadashi or Gita Jayanti is on 10th December, 2016. The puja muhurtam timings are as follows:
Bhagwad Gita Paath: 04:00 AM to 12 PM
This Muhurat is for general masses. For devotess who wish to do it for a special cause, Shubhpuja is providing free consultation from expert Acharyas and Pandits who have been doing this yagya for years.
For booking this puja, http://www.shubhpuja.com/product/bhagwat-paath-puja/
As we sow, so shall we reap; the saying is a direct indication of the fact that whatever deeds (good or bad) we perform during our journey, we get paid accordingly. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction, so similarly our ‘karmas’ affect our progress and failure, respectively. However, not everything is related to current Karmas and hence you may be affected by Pitra dosh.
Meaning of Pitras
‘Pitras’ refer to our ancestors, manes or anyone in our family who has departed this planet.
- If there has been a lack in our service towards our ancestors, when they were alive or existence of unfulfilled wishes in them, at the time of death; then ‘Pitra dosh’ may be bothering you.
- It also occurs when the departed soul do not achieve salvation.
Seek prayers and blessings from your ancestors : ( http://shubhpuja.com/pitrasantushti-id-736174.html )