The zodiacal sign of Capricorn commences on December 21st, but for 7 days, being overlapped by the ‘cusp’ of the previous sign, it does not come into its full power until on or about December 28th. It is in full strength until January 20th, and is then for seven days gradually losing its strength on account of becoming overlapped by the cusp of the incoming sign i.e. Aquarius. So these people generally partake of the characteristics of both Capricorn as well as Aquarius.
- They are thinkers, reasoners, and make natural heads of business organizations or any form of government work.
- They possess strong mental force, but they are, generally misunderstood by others.
- They must be leaders in whatever they are engaged, or else they are inclined to lose their interest in work.
- They are independent and high-minded in all their actions, and detest being under the restraint of others.
- They have strange ideas if love, duty, and social position, and due to this they are often considered ‘odd’.
- Even when they are not religious they have a deep devotional nature, and make great efforts to do good to others.
- They often make excellent speakers, but not so much through oratory as by plain speaking; often too much so for their own good.
- Such people generally feel their responsibilities too keenly, and often worry themselves into bad health.
- Although they appear cold, they have a warm heart towards suffering, and as a rule they give largely in charities to institutions.
- If inclined to be religious they usually go to extremes, and become fanatical in their zeal.
- They worship intellectual, clever people, and are deep thinkers; they rarely interfere with the affairs of others, but they will never stand interference from others.
- They usually make the best bond with people who are born in their own period or from April 20 to end of May, and August 21 to September 27th.
- They generally suffer from indigestion, rheumatism, and pains in the feet.
- Most suited or lucky colours for them are all tones of grey, all ranges of violet and purple, and also black.
- Birth stones for this period are moon-stones, pearls, and amethysts.