Many of us believe in the philosophy of quitting their favourite edible or avoiding materialistic luxuries to please the God and receiving blessings in return for fulfilment of the desired wish. This concept is prevalent during the seven or eight days of fasting of Navratras. Yet if you are not one of those who can fast, still you have to abide by the rituals of food pattern in the house.
Remember- Strict NO to Non-Vegetarian food!
All of us are aware about the prohibition of non-veg food items and even onion and garlic during Navratri festival; so let’s explore the cause behind it.
*NAVRATRI occurs during the two major changes of season i.e. fall into winters and then winters into spring. This period has the highest probability of affecting our immune system; and such changes in the nature and environment around us also brings alterations within us. Thus it is better to go for easily digestible edibles which are healthy and nourishing and also activates the positivity within you.*
Other reasons for avoiding non-veg:
- Non vegetarian food is high in Tamasic content that consumes a much longer time for digestion and creates an aura of irritation and negativity.
- The animals are slaughtered inhumanely which leads to a cover of pain and distressing energy around the meat; which keep on growing as we consume them.
- Certain issues like respiratory diseases, heart diseases, indigestion and even cancer can be caused due to excess of proteins.
- The Sattva-guna begins to decline within one, over powered by the violent and ferocious
- Lack of positivity disturbs the spiritual experience of an individual and he deviates from his motive of life.
Though all these points mentioned above will compel you to think about it at least once, but there is no law against it and it is not a sin to eat meat. Yet those of us who prefer Sattvik over Rajasic or Tamasic are able to reach the spiritual destination, much quicker and easily.
Contributed By: Meenakshi Ahuja