The number 9 stands in symbolism for the Planet Mars. This number influences all persons born on the 9th, 18th, and 27th of any month, but still more so if their birthday falls in the period between the 21st March and April 19th-26th (called the House of mars positive) or in the period between the 21st October and November 20th-27th (called the House of Mars negative). Traits of number 9 people are as follows:
- Number 9 persons are fighters in all they attempt in life. They usually have difficult times in their early years, but generally they are, in the end, successful by their grit, strong will, and determination.
- In character, they are hasty in temper, impulsive, independent, and desire to be their own masters.
- When number 9 is noticed to be more than usually dominant in the dates and events of their lives they will be found to make great enemies, to cause strife and opposition wherever they may be, and they are often wounded or killed either in warfare or in the battle of life.
- They have great courage and make excellent soldiers or leaders in any cause they espouse.
- Their greatest dangers arise from foolhardiness and impulsiveness in word and action. They are also peculiarly prone to accidents from fire and explosions and rarely get through life without injury from such causes.
- They also go through surgical operations in their life time.
- They usually experience many quarrels and strife in their home, either with their own relations or with the family they marry into.
- They strongly resent criticism, and even when not conceited, they have always a good opinion of themselves, brooking no interference with their plans.
- They are resourceful and excellent in organizations, but they must have the fullest control; if not, they lose heart and stand aside and let things go to pieces.
- For affection and sympathy they almost do anything, and the men of this number can be made the greatest fools of, if clever woman gets pulling at their heartstrings.
- This number is fortunate to be born under, provided one controls it and is not carried away by the temper and violence that it also represents.
- They lucky colours for persons born under the number nine are all shades of crimson or red, also all rose tones and pink.
- The luckiest days for them are Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, but more especially Tuesday (called Mars Day).
The number 5 stands for the Planet Mercury, and is versatile in all its characteristics. Number 5 people are those born on 5th, 14th, and 23rd in any month, but their characteristics are still more marked if they are born in what is called the ‘period of the 5’ which is from 21st May to June 20th -27th, and from 21st August to September 20th-27th.
- These people make friends easily and get on with persons born under almost any number.
- They are mentally very highly strung. They live on their nerves and appear to crave excitement.
- They are quick in thought and decisions, and impulsive in their actions.
- They detest any plodding kind of work and seem naturally to drift into all methods of making money quickly. They have a keen sense of making money by inventions and new ideas.
- They are born speculators, prone to Stock exchange transactions, and are generally willing to run risks in all they undertake.
- They have the most wonderful elasticity of character. They rebound quickly from the heaviest blow; nothing seems to affect them for very long, like their symbol Mercury.
- If by nature they are good they remain so; if bad, not all the preaching in the world will make the slightest effect on them.
- They should endeavor to carry out their plans and aims on all day that fall under their own number such as 5th, 14th, or 23rd.
- The days of the week more fortunate for them are Wednesday and Friday, especially if their own number falls on one of these days.
- Their greatest drawback is that they exhaust their nervous strength to such an extent that they often fall victims to nervous breakdowns of the worst kind and under mental tensions.
- Their lucky colours are all shades of light grey, white, and glistening materials, but just as they can make friends with people born under all kinds of numbers, so they can wear all shades of colours. Yet avoid dark colours as far as possible.
- Their lucky stone is diamond, and all the glittering or shimmering things like platinum or silver.