For thousands of years, Astrology has been used to know one’s future or to act as a guiding post while making important life changing decisions. The classical texts of Astrology like Brihat Parashar Hora Shastra which is regarded as the Bible of Indian Astrology and on which all subsequent works of Indian Astrology are based was written thousands of years ago by sage Parashar. Its oldest printed version is a composite work of 71 chapters, in which the first part (chapters 1-51) dates to the 7th and early 8th centuries, and the second part (chapters 52-71) dates to the latter part of the 8th century.
All the classical texts of Indian Astrology describe the 3rd, 6th and 11th houses in a horoscope (also known as the “trishadaya” houses ) as the “evil houses” in a horoscope.
Human society all over the world has evolved and changed in the thousands of years since the Classics on Indian Astrology were written. It thus becomes clearly evident that if an Astrologer in today’s age takes the literal meaning of what is written in the classical texts and applies it without using his own common sense in attempting to make predictions today, the predictions will not only be totally wrong, but could cause huge financial, mental and emotional losses for his client. Recently, some incidents have taken place where Astrologers have advised clients based on the literal meaning in classical texts as interpreted by the Astrologer and where the client has sued the Astrologer in a Court of Law, or in some cases filed a Police complaint against the Astrologer for malpractice and cheating due to losses suffered by following the Astrologer’s advice.
We will now see why a majority of Astrologers fail to predict anything correctly in the modern age which is due to the evolution of human society and also due to a failure on the part of the Astrologer who has misinterpreted the classical texts while at the same time failing to keep up with this evolution of human society.
For example the classical texts all say that the Mahadashas (MD’s) and the Antardashas (AD’s) of the Trikone lords (houses 1, 5 and 9 are the Trikone houses in a horoscope) are very auspicious for a person and “Yogakarak’’and that the MD’s and AD’s of Trikone lords will make him very happy, give him very good health and will fulfil all his desires. Now, let us dissect this interpretation and apply it in today’s context. The MD of the 1st house lord will give a person good health, strength, mental happiness and a good character. The MD of the 5th house lord will make a person intelligent, will lead to love affairs and will also give him/her happiness from children if married. It might also improve luck to an extent as the 5th house is the “secondary house of luck” as it is the 9th house counted from the house of luck which is the 9th house. The MD of the 9th house lord will make a person lucky, will make him religious and make him go on pilgrimages and improve his relations with his father.
We have seen above what the MD’s of the Trikone lords have to offer. Then what about materialistic success, money and power which everyone craves for in today’s world ?
They are nowhere to be found in the trikones it seems. And therein lies the answer why most Astrologers fail to understand the nuances of making predictions in today’s uncertain times. What today’s society wants viz money, power, materialistic success, name and fame is nowhere to be found in the Trikones. Or to put it the other way round, the needs and aspirations of human society when the Classical texts on Astrology were written and the needs and aspirations of society today are entirely different.
Now, coming back to the question of which houses then bestow money, power, fame and materialistic success which we all crave for today, we get the most unlikeliest of answers – all the things we crave for in today’s modern age are given by the MD of the houses which are termed as “evil houses” or “trishadaya” houses in a horoscope by the classical texts – the 3rd house, the 6th house, and the 11th house. (The AD’s are much shorter in duration compared to MD’s, so actually the benefits given by these houses will accrue during their MD’s). Let us now see how so called “evil houses” can benefit a person so much. The MD of the 3rd house lord gives a person the self confidence and the courage to take on all the challenges of the modern world. Without having self confidence or courage, a person can achieve nothing. The negativity associated with this house in classical texts of Astrology is only because the MD of the 3rd house may make a person overconfident and bombastic. The 6th house according to classical texts is the house of disease, debt, competition and enemies. But the MD of the 6th house lord will give a person the power to defeat or suppress his enemies, to surge ahead in competition and to establish his brand name in the market. Then the only two things negative about the 6th house are disease and debt. And that is because if a person runs after material success, he has to work hard and as a consequence, health suffers. As for debt, businessmen do have to take loans to run their businesses. Without Bank finance, it is impossible to run many businesses today. So in a way, if one does not get a little into debt, one cannot progress or succeed in today’s age. Now, we come to the MD of the 11th house lord. The classical texts say that the 11th house is the house of desire fulfilment. The 11th house is also known as the house of gains or profits as it gives gains or profits. The only reason why classical texts are negative about the 11th house is because the 11th house lord’s MD increases a person’s desires to such an extent that it may become impossible to fulfil those desires. But then why will a person work hard unless he has some desires to fulfil ? This is exactly the very premise on which Capitalism is built – individuals will work hard to earn well for themselves to fulfil their materialistic desires and thereby live happy lives. Economic theory also says that “human wants are unlimited.”
Thus we see how the MD’s of the so called “evil” or “trishadaya” houses can power the growth of an individual in today’s modern age and times. In fact, a person can achieve materialistic success and make lots of money only during the MD’s of the “trishadaya” houses. If a person is not getting MD’s of “trishadaya” houses in his horoscope, he can never achieve material success in the modern world. If the lord of a “trishadaya” house is a natural malefic like Saturn, Mars or Sun, and the malefic planet is also placed in its own house, the results given are simply amazing during its MD. For example in a horoscope with Virgo Ascendant (Virgo lagna) , the 6th house lord will be Saturn and if Saturn is also placed in the 6th house, then during Saturn’s MD, the person will touch great heights by crushing all his opponents and competition, he will conquer illness, he will wipe out all his debts and he will establish a brand name for himself. There are two other houses in a horoscope apart from the “trishadaya” houses which can also give wealth and success in one’s career or profession. One is the second house which is known as the house of wealth. But it is also a “marak” or death inflicting house. Therefore, during the MD of the second house, one will make good money, but one’s health may suffer and even death is possible. The other house which gives progress in career or profession thereby resulting in material success is the 10th house. Good progress in career or profession is seen during the MD of the 10th house lord as well.
Thus we see that the rules of the game have changed for making Astrological predictions in today’s modern and complex times. Traditional Astrologers, if they are out of tune with today’s reality or Astrologers who wrongly interpret the ancient texts while putting theory into practice will be totally at sea in predicting good or bad times for their clients. To deliver accurate and pinpoint predictions in today’s age, an Astrologer has to be a real professional who also keeps himself updated with all the analytical tools of Astrology like the KP system Asktakvarga and Shadbal and he needs to have a finger on the pulse of society as well.
Contributed By: Pranab Saikia
(Jyotish Ratna, Jyotish Bhusan, Jyotish Prabhakar)
Cleansing is a form of decluttering and getting your home rid of every extraneous useless object that is clogging up the energies in your basement, staircase, closets, box beds, drawers and kitchen almirahs. So there should be just two types of things in a house, one which has an aesthetic value and second which is useful. So as per vastu, clutter should be avoided to maintain the positive energies.
- Clutter in the north-east direction of the house will obstruct the flow of prosperity into your life. Keep the tops of tables, fridge and counters free from accumulation of objects.
- A cluttered environment reflects a perplexed mind; so by getting rid of useless and extra objects you are making way for a new, fresh and positive approach to life.
- The simple way of keeping the house neat and tidy is the key to enhance the energy of a space.
- Removing the cobwebs from dark, dingy, disused corners and airing them occasionally removes the negativity from the house.
- Enhancers like adding lampshades, torans, pictures and artefacts and the intention to improve the environment can bring magical effects in your home.
- Gayatri mantra or sacred chants of your faith can be played early morning in the house and has a purifying and calming effect. Sprinkling of rock salt and mopping the house daily with salt water, removes the evil energies.
- Vastu pujan and Vastu shanti havans can bring about positive changes in a house, office or factory. The medicinal herbs and shrubs used during havan act as an aura cleansing of the place.
There is deep bonding between man and nature, so the presence of plants, trees and water bodies helps us to connect to the natural world. A subtle blend of design, shape, colour, appropriate plants, and water bodies can enhance the positive vibrations in and around the house for optimum health and happiness. By following few of the vastu tips in the outside environment, a cherished bliss and peace can be experienced.
- Give your garden a regular shape like square and rectangle. The soil should be compact, smooth, yellow and should have a sweet smell.
- Planting of herbs and medicinal plants like tulsi and neem, helps in adding positive vibrations to the environment.
- It is auspicious to grow an abundance of fragrant colourful flowers, herbs, evergreen plants like money plant in the north, to attract wealth and luck.
- East is associated with growth and it receives the morning rays of the sun so be sure not to grow any tall plants and trees here which block these rays.
- North-east is the ideal place for a lily pond, a small pond or a fountain. Medicinal plants and herbs such as tulsi, neem, mint, coriander and thyme would be auspicious here.
- If your garden is to the south of your house, then plant tall trees to block out the harmful rays of the midday sun.
- South-east is ideal to grow herbs, mint, fennel, basil and citrus You can also build a barbecue towards the south-east of the garden.
- West is the direction associated with Saturn, so tall trees and metal garden furniture is suitable for garden in west direction. Metal swings and rides for children can also be placed here.
- Keep the centre zone of the garden clean and clutter-free. Do not allow dead leaves, twigs or any other junk to pile up there.
- Heavy leaf bearing trees like ashoka, neem, arjun, punnage and sirisa, are best situated on south-west side as they supply pure oxygen and also provide protection from the infrared rays of the afternoon sun.
- Rock gardens, if required, can also be in the south-west region sloping down towards the north or/ and east.
- As per ancient literature of Vastu, trees like pakar, barh, udumber, and peepal are considered inauspicious in the south, west, north and east, respectively. The auspicious directions for these trees are pakar in north, peepal in the west, udumber in the south and barh in the east.
- Trees like ashoka, almond, nilgiri, coconut, neem, lemon, nagakesar, kathal, shami and arisht are recommended for planting within the house limits.
- As per Feng Shui, a clamp of bamboo signifies good health and longevity of the occupants and it is also a good addition to the garden.
- Do not keep pricky cactus plants or bonsai inside the house. Avoid pots made of synthetic material inside the house.
In the stressful and competitive life people are moving towards artificial lifestyle rather than natural living. Due to continuous dependency on machines, our natural body processes are hampered which often leads to some or the other health issues. But remember few health issues are also caused due to imbalance in the Vastu, so by following few measures and taking precautionary steps the health problems can be resolved.
- Brahmasthan should not be depressed, as it is the meeting point of all the energies from different direction. Heavy objects, lifts, stairs and toilets are strictly prohibited in the centre zone.
- A temple or a small courtyard can be made in the brahmasthan of the house or even a living room or hall can be made for small houses.
- Make sure that there are no heavy beams running through the centre, as they may lead to health problems.
- The east and south-east direction of the house should also be checked, as it should stay clean and clutter free for healthy living of the inmates.
- Hang a crystal chandelier in the central area, preferably with five bulbs. Installation of a Reiki-charged crystal grid in the brahamsathan keeps the whole house energised.
- If your house faces south with a slope towards that direction, or if the generator room is to the north-east and the underground water tank is in south-east, the possibility of health problems does exist.
- Make sure that the gate along the south wall always remains shut. The boundary wall should be as high as the gate. Place an image of Lord Hanuman facing south and also grow citrus plants on either side of the gate.
- Shift the generator towards northwest or south-east and the water tank to the north of north-east. Burning a candle in the patient room for a couple of weeks is a must too.
- If the kitchen is not located in the fire zone, i.e. south-east, the occupants are vulnerable to health disorders.
- Lighting a candle or diyas in the fire zone daily becomes as important for good health as sleeping with your head aligned towards the south.
- For maintaining good health and recovery from ailments, recite Mahamrituanjaya mantra for about 108 times daily.
- Sleeping on your left is recommended for ‘vata’ and ‘kapha’ constitutions, sleeping on your right is recommended for ‘pitta’ constitutions.
Owning a good house is perhaps the first material aspiration of a person. With blessings of God and good wishes of elders, man acquires a house wherein he wants to live in comfort and harmony with family and society. Every place has its own energies, through Vedic prayers; we synergize such cosmic forces for our peace and welfare. Moving to a new house is among the four most precious events of our life that include birth, marriage, first employment and dwelling.
Shubhpuja organizes this special puja to celebrate the occasion and seek the blessings of God for happiness of all the members of household and to save us from jealousy and evil eyes.
We send you a qualified pandit trained in Hindu Shastras to conduct puja at your preferred location and the time or muhurat time suggested by Shubhpuja.
Shubhpuja also takes the initiative of providing you with the puja samagri at its actual price!
The most outstanding part about our service is the availability of Online Live Pujas and offer blessings to the god on your behalf for customers based outside Delhi NCR.
So book now: http://www.shubhpuja.com/grahpravesh-id-344735.html