Why do the priests keep a Shikha or Choti on the head?
Whenever we go to a temple, we find Brahmin priests with a tuft of hair tied up neatly at the back of their head, originating from the top of the head. They keep it very nicely and always knotted. This tuft of hair is called shikha.
This shikha, as per Vedic scriptures, is a symbol of Brahminical qualities and culture which has been imparted to a person undergoing a strict training under the guidance of a bonafide spiritual master who is well qualified in all Vedic scriptures and well placed in the science thorough realisation of the absolute truth.
Science behind keeping shikha:
- Shikha, as per the Vedic shastras originates from the brahmrandhra or the topmost point of the head near the occipital lobe of the cerebrum. This point is the centre of all neural activities and is considered to be the energy bearing point of all the bodily functions.
- Tightening the hair knot right above the suture induces marvelous psychological benefits. It helps in harmonious blood circulation in the brain in normal conditions and augments alertness.
- As described in the yoga-scriptures, it also lends support in increasing mental concentration and meditation. In terms of its sublime spiritual effects, the shikha works like an antenna in the outer domain of the sahasrara chakra (topmost extrasensory centre) to link the individual consciousness with the cosmic consciousness.
- As per the Vedic injunctions, the shikha helps the supreme personality of godhead to pull us from the material world to the spiritual world.
**नमामि गंगे तब पाद पंकजं सुरारसुरैर्वन्दित दिव्यरूपम्।
भुक्तिंच मुक्तिञ्च ददासि नित्यं भावानुसरेण सदा नराणाम्||**
गंगा दशहरा की आप सभी को बहुत बहुत बधाई एवं शुभकामनाएं!!!💐🌺🌿🌹
🌊आज ही के दिन 🙏मां गंगा🙏का पृथ्वी पर अवतरण हुआ था..!!!
हर हर गंगे||
The zodiacal sign of Cancer commences on June, 21st, but for seven days, being overlapped by the previous sign, it does not come into full power until on or about June 28th. It is in full strength until on or about July 20th.
The sign of cancer- the crab, was so called by the ancients because the sun at this time of the year appears to advance and retreat in the heavens like actions of a crab.
- These people are full of contradictions; they have deep home interests, but are at the same time restless, and have a decided longing for travel and change.
- They succeed in making their homes and their domestic life.
- They are generally over anxious in financial matters, and make great efforts to gather in money, as a rule, they have unusual ups and downs in their life.
- They are inclined to speculate, so as to make money quickly but in all the gambles they generally lose, whereas in business they are as a rule most successful.
- They are industrious and hardworking in all they undertake, but from the standpoint of chance or luck they are seldom fortunate.
- They are generally gifted with strong imaginations, and often make excellent artists, writers, composers, or musicians.
- At heart they are romantic and of a very loving and affectionate disposition.
- They have a great dislike of being dictated to, but are most devoted and faithful when treated with confidence.
- They have the most sensitive nature and if not understood, they quickly give up or get depressed and melancholy.
- They often make excellent psychics, and usually have a yearning after the mysterious.
- They should never marry young, for their nature seems to change at different stages of life.
- People born in this zodiac often reach very high exalted positions. In their home lives, however, they usually go through a great deal of trouble, and are seldom surrounded by great happiness, no matter how successful they may appear in the eye of the world.
- They have deep love for what they call “their own people,” for family customs and tradition.
- They are chiefly inclined towards gastric troubles, and they should be extremely careful in regard to shellfish and such things.
- The colours most in harmony for them are all shades of green, and cream and white.
- The birth stones most favourable for this period are pearls, diamonds, opals crystals, cat’s eyes, and moonstones.
The planetary positions determine the strength and weakness of the horoscope and how the planets influence the directions and sub-directions in Vastu Shastra. Vastu Doasha represents a flaw in particular direction and a corresponding fault in the vibrations of a particular planet. The remedial measure in such cases aims to enhance the positivity of a planet and reduces the malefic effects, to attain harmony and balance with the natural force.
Sphatik or quartz crystals and crystal beads have their own importance as purifier or during meditative chanting. Because of the silica base, Quartz crystals have a very stable energy and a very precise and regular frequency. The immaculate structure responds to energies such as light, heat, sound, bio-electricity, and even waves. So the crystals are considered valuable due to their ability to respond to the thought waves and bio-electric energies; which helps in rebalancing the body and various troublesome situations in life. Charged crystal sets up a powerful energy field which encourages the person’s own subtle to vibrate at finer frequencies and clean away the dense negative vibrations. Another effective remedy is of crystal charged with Reiki. It is most effective to remove Vastu dosha.
Any mantra associated with a specific planet adds its vibrations to the lost portion of the aura to attain cosmic balance in human body and mind. The various bad effects of a faulty direction can be removed by chanting the mantra of the planet governing that direction. Mantra is the key to access certain functions or programmes of your brain for performing a specific task, such as harmonising labour relations, improving your cash flow, opening new product lines, attracting new clients, etc. The effectiveness of the mantra depends on the correct pronunciation too. Sound energy generated by chanting of mantras correctly and with correct pronunciation imparts a specific rhythm to the atmospheric atoms, for charging the creative energies of the entire space.
A yantra is a symbol or diagram that eliminates the harmful effects in its vicinity. By chanting of beej mantras, performing havans and other rituals, the yantra go through a series of purification and energising processes which make them potent to ward off negative vibrations in the surroundings. Specific Vastu yantras propitiating Vastu purush with mantras of Vastu shanti can be used or Nav Grih Vastu yantras for specific directional faults can also be used as per the direction wise classification of the planets. Other yantras like bagula mukhi yantra, matsya yantra, kanakdhara yantra, shri yantra and kuber yantra can be used to dispel Vastu faults as well as usher in wealth and prosperity in home, business, shop, office or factory.
Conatct shubhpuja.com for personal consultation and, yantra and crystals.
Marriage being an important and crucial affair in India is a tie-up between two families and commitment of love, care and belongingness. Imagine if this commitment or relationship is affected just due to disharmony among the placement of areas in the house; many of us might disagree with it but as per Vastu, the bed and bedroom are very important areas to maintain love and harmony of a relationship.
- Ideal place for bedroom is in the south-west, south, west or between north and north-west. Never have your bedroom in south-east zone as it causes frictions and clashes in relationship.
- It is recommended to use a queen size bed, without boxes and preferably with a ‘single’ mattress. You can also get the mattress stitched to appear as one or place a foam fitted sheet to cover the whole bed.
- The area under the bed should be kept clean and dust-free to avoid negativity in the room. Avoid shoes, slippers and etc inside the bedroom, especially under the bed.
- Prefer light and soothing colours in the bedroom to bring more love and understanding in your life.
- Avoid sleeping under a beam running lengthwise, to overcome this problem hang two crossed bamboo flutes from the beam facing downwards.
- A pair of doves or swans along with happy memories pictures must be displayed in the south-west corner of the room.
- The pointed objects like nails, iron spikes or sharp-edged furniture should not be pointed towards the bed. Dustbins and brooms must be out of sight.
- An L-shaped bedroom creates a sharp corner from the intersection of the two walls pointing across the room. Make sure that the corner is not pointing to the bed as the occupants would ultimately suffer from health issues.
- Do not keep an open mandir or create temple area in the bedroom.
Home is the place where people spend their maximum time of their life; therefore our home should be the representation of our personality. The happiness and warmth of the inmates transforms the house into home yet a perfect house is also required to keep the inmates happy. So it is like a vice versa process.
For restoring balance and harmony in the home, certain rules of Vastu should be considered, which are quite helpful during the planning and designing process of the house.
- Rooms should only be square or rectangular shaped, and not irregularly shaped. Kitchen, toilets and puja room should not be next to each other.
- Kitchen should not be directly in the front of the main door.
- Study rooms, treasury rooms and living rooms should preferably be in the north side of the house.
- Bedrooms and store rooms should be in the southern part, avoid bedrooms in the central portion (brahmasthan) of the house.
- Dining room, children’s bedroom and study room in the western corner of the house is considered appropriate.
- Bathroom, study room and stores in the eastern corner of the house.
- The stairs should not be made in north-east or brahmasthan, preferred location is in west, south-west or south.
- Have lofts and attics in the south and west side of the rooms.
- Puja room should be in the north eastern corner or it can also be inside the study room or dining room in the north-east corner.
- Rainwater or drainage should have an outlet in north, east or north-east side.
- Elderly people are more comfortable in the south-west corner of the house.
- The number of doors and windows should be more on the ground floor and less on the upper floors.
- Allow plenty of natural light and fresh air within the house, as dark houses collects a lot of negativity.
- There are certain dates when neither muhuratha nor auspicious time is required, so you can begin your construction or move into your house on Akshaya Tritiya, Phulera Duj, Vijaya Dashmi and Vaisakhi.
(For further guidance of Vastu, consult shubhpuja.com)
Adoring and praising the creation of supreme Lord begets gratitude in the mortal beings. But in a world, where biasedness prevails in terms of caste, religion, colour, dialect and so on; the human beings have disregarded almighty and his beautiful creation. The true essence of humanity and kindness is overshadowed in the presence of abhorrence, cruelty and self-centred traits. Remembering those lovely lines of a poet, “Ek Umar Bhi Kam Hai Pyaar Ke Liye; Log Kaha Se Samay Nikal Lete Hai Nafrat Ke Liye”; meaning- Life is too short for love; where do people get time for hatred.
Getting far away from the base of life, we are indulged in the glittering world of materialism; i.e. the major cause of troubles and grief in our lives. When the matured beings are parting from the devotional feelings of remembering God then imagine the deteriorating culture among the new generations.
Yet here we highlight the worth of remembering God by adhering the holy Vedas and how they prove to be beneficial for us.
Significance of Vedic Worship:
Our Vedas are the source of living on the spiritual path, towards the supreme destination of existence. Performing the worship according to the rites and rituals helps us to celebrate and honour life every moment and also seek His blessings for prosperity and physical or mental well-being. The Vedic worship includes a combination of Mantra (recitation of Vedic mantras), Yantra (meditation on mystical representation of subtle energies) and Tantra (rituals of worship).
- The worship includes all the five Panchamahabhutas or the five elements of fire, water, earth, air and ether that represents the presence of ‘macro world’ within our ‘micro world’.
- It brings happiness and longevity in life by seeking the grace of Supreme Lord.
- By performing the worship, positive ambience is created by rejuvenating the entire space.
- Pujas and Homas being self-healing meditation techniques benefit an individual with a more ideal state of mind and body.
- It increases harmony in the family creating a significant decrease in emotional numbness.
- Vedic worship radiates increased IQ, better moral reasoning and emotional maturity among the people, who perform it.
- It is a self-cleansing ceremony that leads to active brain functioning, decreased cardiovascular disease and improved general health and blissful long life.
Most importantly, the worship as per Vedic rituals leads the devotees to seek fruitful blessings of the creator more than the latest short cut ways, available nowadays. No matter how far we progress, the realization and awareness about omnipresent and omniscient God is an essential dose for mortal life; and thanking Almighty every moment enlightens the humans on the spiritual path.
Contributed By: Meenakshi Ahuja