The pitru paksha puja performed during the shradh period is a symbol of love and care for our manes. The act of expressing our love through this puja brings the spiritual advancement of a being as well as eradicates all the material and physical discomforts. Adoring and remembering our ancestors is a powerful way of seeking their blessings. And also this puja acts like a source of helping the underprivileged and needy section of the humanity.
The shradh or Pitru paksha puja should be performed fulfilling all the rituals and customs. Thus Shubhpuja has made it easier for you by saving your tedious task of collecting all the puja samagri. We provide you all the services under one roof. List of puja samagri:
- black saseeme seeds
- sandal powder
- incense (agarbatti) sticks
- Camphor/ Karpuram
- beetle leafs
- beetle nuts
- rice flour
- urud dal
- vegetables- 2 types
- panchapatra, uddharina, plate
- cotton wicks, lamps, oil
- harathi, bell
All these samagri are available for our customers along with the pitru paksha puja packages.
‘Shiv’ means the destroyer of bad karmas and ‘linga’ means to mark or sign which symbolize the Supreme God. So literally ‘Shivling’ is referred as the sacred symbol of Lord Shiva. In real terms, Shiv-Linga is a symbol or sign of duality (dual character) of the pious Shiva and his cosmic universal energy. It is a process defining the creation of mortals within the omnipresent and omnipotent Universe.
Shivling is known for its purity, thus it consists of immense energy and radiates it when adored. The worshipping of shivling by washing it with water and chanting the mantras is commonly called as Rudrabhishiek or Shivling Abhishek Puja. This is especially done from pure milk, curd, ghee, sugar, mustard oil etc; significantly during the Hindu month of Shravan.
Why to perform Rudrabhishiek Puja?
The Shivling releases frequencies of Knowledge (dhyan), devotion (bhakti) and detachment (vairagya) which is experienced during puja. It is said that this energy has been gathered through ‘sagar manthan’ in which Lord Shiva consumed the dangerous poison Halahal to save the humanity from destruction.
Performing Rudrabhishek Puja and chanting Maha Mrityuanjay mantras dispels ignorance by spreading the light of knowledge, and blesses the beings with wisdom and happiness.
How to perform Rudrabhishiek Puja?
Devotees worship Lord Shiva and his ‘Shivling with devotion and faith to seek the grace and happiness. Let’s make the Shivling Abhishek easy for you by just following few steps.
- The size of lingam for home puja should not exceed the breadth of your three right hand fingers joined together, accompanied with snake and Nandi.
- The place from where the water is poured on the shivling and is drained must be facing North or East.
- The devotee should start the puja by chanting ‘Om Namah Shivaye’.
- Use bel leaves and not tulsi while offering to the lingam.
- The panchamrit is offered made from any five ingredients out of- Gangajal, honey, sugarcane juice, milk, yogurt, ghee, sea water, coconut water, milk, fragrant oils, rose water or other precious liquids.
- After doing Panchamrit Abhishek, the lingam is cleaned by pouring Gangajal over it.
- Then trident is made on the shivling using normal sandal wood paste or asta gandha.
- After that sweets, coconut, flowers and fruits are offered to the Lord and camphor and incense sticks are also are lit and ‘arati’ is conducted.
- If you keep a Shivling at home it should be accompanied by a constant flow of water or jaldhara, to maintain the serene and cool environment around it.
- Finally, ringing of bells indicates the end of Puja and fruits, sweets and coconut are distributed as ‘prasadam.’
Book your Rudrabhishek Puja package now: http://www.shubhpuja.com/product/rudrabhishiek-puja/
Kids are the apple of parent’s eyes and fill a house with laughter, entertainment, love and fulfilment. Kids complete a family and provide an opportunity to the couple to experience parenthood. Couples who are desirous of beginning the new chapter of family life should be careful about the following Vastu measures.
- A cut in the north-east, heavy construction or construction of a toilet in the north-east can give negative results.
- Make sure that the north-east corner is kept clean, clutter free and lower than the south-west for healthy and virtuous children.
- If the north direction in a house is completely blocked, the probability of having a male child is reduced. Main entrance in the grid ‘Parjanya’ is said to be responsible for the birth of daughters.
- A north-west bedroom is the ideal direction for bedroom for couples desirous of starting a family.
- The placement of mirrors in the bedroom should be such that they do not reflect the bed.
- Use colours such as lilac, peach, mint or white to brighten up your bedroom.
- Keep fresh flowers in the room and you can also keep fruits, especially pomegranates, which is a symbol of fertility.
- The attached toilet door must be kept shut and the toilet seat cover down.
- The wife should sleep towards the left side of her husband.
- The foot of the bed should not directly face the door of the room.
- Sleeping with head towards north is totally prohibited. Prefer sleeping with head towards the south or east is helpful.
- It is recommended that after conception the couple should move to a southern bedroom as it is safe for pregnant lady.