The zodiacal sign of Cancer commences on June, 21st, but for seven days, being overlapped by the previous sign, it does not come into full power until on or about June 28th. It is in full strength until on or about July 20th.
The sign of cancer- the crab, was so called by the ancients because the sun at this time of the year appears to advance and retreat in the heavens like actions of a crab.
- These people are full of contradictions; they have deep home interests, but are at the same time restless, and have a decided longing for travel and change.
- They succeed in making their homes and their domestic life.
- They are generally over anxious in financial matters, and make great efforts to gather in money, as a rule, they have unusual ups and downs in their life.
- They are inclined to speculate, so as to make money quickly but in all the gambles they generally lose, whereas in business they are as a rule most successful.
- They are industrious and hardworking in all they undertake, but from the standpoint of chance or luck they are seldom fortunate.
- They are generally gifted with strong imaginations, and often make excellent artists, writers, composers, or musicians.
- At heart they are romantic and of a very loving and affectionate disposition.
- They have a great dislike of being dictated to, but are most devoted and faithful when treated with confidence.
- They have the most sensitive nature and if not understood, they quickly give up or get depressed and melancholy.
- They often make excellent psychics, and usually have a yearning after the mysterious.
- They should never marry young, for their nature seems to change at different stages of life.
- People born in this zodiac often reach very high exalted positions. In their home lives, however, they usually go through a great deal of trouble, and are seldom surrounded by great happiness, no matter how successful they may appear in the eye of the world.
- They have deep love for what they call “their own people,” for family customs and tradition.
- They are chiefly inclined towards gastric troubles, and they should be extremely careful in regard to shellfish and such things.
- The colours most in harmony for them are all shades of green, and cream and white.
- The birth stones most favourable for this period are pearls, diamonds, opals crystals, cat’s eyes, and moonstones.
The zodiacal sign of Gemini –the Twins- commences on May 21st, being cusped by
the power of previous sign, it completely comes into power on or about May28th. From this date it is full strength until June 20th.
- People born in this zodiac sign are dual in character and mentality; therefore called Gemini-the twins.
- The twin sides of their nature are perpetually pulling in opposite directions.
- Their brains are subtle and brilliant, but they usually lack continuity of purpose.
- They are highly difficult to understand; in temperament they are hot and cold almost the same time.
- They are mentally very quick and keen, and in all matters where a subtle mentality is needed they can out distance all rivals.
- They seldom, themselves, know what they want to achieve. At heart they are ambitious for social positions; but when obtained they have already trued it and are ready to go for something totally opposite.
- They believe they are truthful, constant, faithful, and so they may be at the moment, but every moment to them has a separate existence.
- They quickly see the weak points in those they meet, and can reduce all to nothing by wit, sarcasm, or mimicry.
- They can make clever actors, lawyers, lecturers, and a certain class of public speakers, all those who play a changing role in life’s drama.
- They have an amazing sense of will power, if they force themselves to stick to one thing, then they generally make brilliant successes of whatever they undertake in any sphere of life.
- They often succeed the best as far as money is concerned, on the Stock Exchange or as a Company; they get wealth in a business.
- They are more generous to individuals than to institutions, for they act on impulse in giving as in everything else they do.
- They people generally have a rather long, narrow head and face; good, keen, sharp looking eyes. Their hands are usually long, thin or bony, restless or always doing something.
- They are very intellectual with a keen mentality that shows itself in anything they seriously take up.
- Their bond is the best with the people of their own period or from September 21 to October 20-27, or with people born in the centre of their own triangle, from November 21 to December 20-27.
- They are more inclined to suffer from what concerns nervous system than anything else; and have delicate digestive organs.
- Their lucky colures are silver, glistening white, and all shimmering things.
- The birth stone for them are white and red cornelians, sapphires, diamonds and all glittering jewels.
The zodiacal sign of Taurus commences on April 20th, but being overlapped by the ‘cusp’ of the previous sign, it does not come into its full power until on or about April 27th. From this date onwards it’s in full strength until on or about May 20th.
- People born in this zodiac sign have a curious power of dominating others, even when not conscious of trying to do so.
- They are very unyielding in their determination, and are often called ‘stiff-necked’ and obstinate, but when they love they are most yielding and pliable of all.
- They have great endurance, both physical and mental, and can pass through enormous strains of fatigue as long as the excitement or determination lasts.
- They have great ability to commit to memory from books. Often very successful in literary works.
- They make wonderful hosts and hostesses, and have great taste about food, and in the management of their houses they can make much out of little.
- They have good business intuition, and are generally considered richer than they are due to their dress style.
- They are governed by their sensations and by their loving nature, but affection has a great hold on them than passion.
- They are generous to utmost degree and will do any sacrifice for their loved ones.
- Neither men nor women born in this period should marry early as their first marriage is usually a mistake.
- They are too easily misled by their emotions, sensations, or affections.
- They forgive at the slightest show of feelings or kindness, and this side of their nature makes them do stupid acts.
- They have an innate sense of harmony, rhythm, and colour, and often succeed in music, poetry and art.
- They make the most faithful friends; also excellent public servants, officials, or as heads in the Government positions in the army.
- They usually suffer from health issues like throat problem, nasal cavities and upper part of the lungs.
- Most favourable colours to them are all shades of blue. Red is an exciting colour for them so it should be preferred as little as possible.
- The birth stones for this period are emeralds, turquoises, and lapis lazuli.
A story becomes a great epic only because of its characters and their peculiar traits, which leaves the footprints on the sand of time and stays eternal forever. The portrayal of niche thinking, complexities and determination of attaining fame; better explained through the phrase ‘Everything is fair in love and war’ and yea it was definitely ‘The War’. The great epic, Mahabharata marks the beginning of egocentric, shrewd and all other negative sides of human nature with a tint of humanity.
Though every character justified with their specific roles, yet the hero is only one and probably ‘Arjuna’, the middle one out of the five Pandavas warriors out shined as a true hero. I am not saying that ‘Arjuna’ was a perfect character but in spite of his own complexities or as per the plot of the story, he was usually in a win-win situation.
#A grand celebration was performed at Arjuna’s birth and Lord Indra was gratified by the success stories of his son and called himself a proud father of Arjuna.
#Arjuna was focussed and perspicuous about his goals and he earned his success by working hard. He practised to shoot an arrow in darkness as well as by hearing the minute audible sounds.
#Arjuna remained in the priority wish list of Bheeshma and Dronacharya forever. Both the talented warriors supported him and even opted for inappropriate actions to prove his excellence.
#Karan being an equally capable warrior as Arjuna, could never flourish because of his karmas and favouring the wrong doers i.e. Duryodhan; which indirectly lead Arjuna to excel.
#Arjuna’s feelings for his beloved Draupadi were true but sharing his wife with the other four was not his idea. Yet he abided his mother and accepted the truth.
#In spite of any complex situation, Arjuna bestowed full faith upon his soul mate- Lord Krishna and received his hearty blessings as a devotee and follower.
#At one point, Arjuna had to raise his sword to kill his dear brother Yudhistra, as per his oath. Yet Arjuna could not accept his own deed of disrespecting his brother and paid for his sin.
#The moral code and empathetic attitude of Arjuna, made him receive laurels and blessings from all his relations.
#Till the end, Arjuna had a soft corner towards Karan and respected him as a brave competitor. Only to abide by his master’s wish, Arjuna had to shoot an arrow on Karan.
#In spite of an opportunity of choosing the great army of 10,000 warriors, Arjuna remained firm with his decision of choosing Lord Krishna. The success of Arjuna was sure shot, since he preferred to sit near his master’s feet rather that near his head like Duryodhan.
The enlightening journey of Arjuna in holy Bhagvad Gita is an epitome of his successful and perfect character and proves my above statement judiciously.
Contributed By: Meenakshi Ahuja