The devotees may forget the Lord but the Lord never forgets them. Similarly Sai baba used to remind his devotees of His presence and offered them blessings. Once Babasaheb Tarkhad, who was a ‘prarthana samaji’ earlier was a humble devotee of Sai baba. His wife and son were also surrendered in the worship of Baba and adored Him judiciously.
Once in summers Babasaheb Tarkhad suggested his wife and son to pay a visit to Shirdi for seeking Sai baba’s blessings. The son was doubtful and didn’t agree to leave Bandra as he was afraid that the worship of Baba will not be performed properly in his absence. As his father was ‘Prarthana Samaji’, it is possible that he would not be able to pay complete attention. After receiving assurance from his father, finally the mother and son went to Shirdi.
According to his promise Babasaheb got up early morning and after taking bath, he prayed to Sai baba and told him- “O Baba! I will worship you exactly the same way as my son has been worshipping you, but please do not limit it up only to bodily labour”. After worshipping Sai Baba, he offered the oblation of ‘mishri’ and then distributed the Prasad. He judiciously worshipped Sai baba for another few days but one day he found that there was no Prasad in the plate and his cook forgot to offer it.
He got perturbed and immediately bowed in front of Sai baba idol and asked his apology. He wrote the entire incident in detail to his son and requested to place the letter in the feet of Baba and ask him to forgive.
This incident happened in Bandra almost during the noon and at the same time when noon arti was going to begin in Shirdi, baba told Shrimati Tarkhad- “Mother I went to your house at Bandra to eat the Prasad but I could not find anything. So I returned hungry.” She could not comprehend the context of Baba’s words but his son understood everything. He wanted permission of Sai baba for returning to Bandra but Baba told him to worship in Shirdi for few days. The son also wrote a letter to his father to explain the incident in Shirdi and requested his father to be careful in future. Both the letters reached next day and the son and father became careful in adoring Sai baba from then.
To achieve steadiness and cleanse the mind, body and soul; we adore and praise the supreme Lord and his miraculous creation. Literally, ‘Man’ means mind and ‘Tra’ means wave or vibration, so mantra is a technical practice that enlightens the mental and physiological state. You might have heard about distinct mantra for different deity and purpose. For every puja conducted at home, the Vedic scholars chant so many mantras yet most of us are oblivious to the relevance of chanting mantras and simple recite them in our daily routine. Let’s know them and then chant.
Biological and Spiritual Significance:
- Mantra chanting balances the nervous system and normalizes the hormone production, which in turn maintains the working of the body systems.
- An upsurge in the energy level is attained, which replaces the materialistic thoughts with realization of Almighty.
- It transcends the senses of the body and we feel free from the bond of time and space, thus away from the weight of worries.
- ‘As music has charms to soothe a savage beast, so the spiritual sound of mantra soothes the restless mind’; it soothes our cellular level.
- Mantras awaken our dormant conscious and help us to connect with our spiritual identity; we begin to experience oneness among us and Him.
- It helps us to concentrate on our breathing pattern, whose regulation is a secret for stronger immunity and body balance.
- It won’t work if you don’t do it, so by constant repetition, in group or alone, it will enhance the will power and faith.
- Mantra activates the chemical signals in the body that transforms the unconscious into conscious, automatic into deliberate and mindless into heartfelt.
- Chanting mantras is a conscious method of controlling our moods, and in turn, our frequency and resultant all-around radiance.
- It enhances the concentration level and in turn the memory power enlarges.It acts as a brain stabilizer and one can experience the state of trance by recognizing our own natural state.
The pros of reciting mantras are unlimited and not just few of them mentioned above, but all of it can be experienced if you try it sincerely. No matter from which ever generation you belong, the next time you chant a mantra, do it genuinely and then feel a change within you.
Contributed By: Meenakshi Ahuja
Maha Shivratri or the ‘Great’ night of lord Siva, also known as Padmarajrathri, is celebrated annually on the 13th night of the Maagha month of the Hindu calender. Celebrated on the dark fortnight or Krishna Paksha of Maagha, the festival is principally celebrated by chanting the sacred Panchakshara mantra, fasting, offering Bilva/Vilvam leaves to Lord Shiva followed by jagranas & havanas. This day is also known as the favorite day of Lord Shiva and the day when Shiva & Parvati got married.
Benefits of Maha Shivratri puja and Vrat
Maha Shivratri fast and puja helps the devotees in overcoming personal and family related problems. The known benefits of this puja are:
• Chances of getting desired partner
• Infertility problems
• Peace and harmony amongst a couple
• Love and trust required for a good married life
• Delay in the marriage
• Sexual life related issues
• Chances of divorce
Puja Vidhi on Maha Shivratri
The success and fortune is brought into the life of devotees who worship the Lord Shiva and Parvati with pure soul and heart on Maha Shivratri. Organise a puja at your convenient location (home/temple) by Shubhpuja pandit on this special occasion. On this day you should perform the puja by
1. Performing abhishek of 5 Devs – Shiva, Parvati, Ganesh, Kartik and Nandi with six different dravyas including milk, yoghurt, honey, ghee, sugar and water
2. Depending on the purpose of puja, additional abhishiek is done through
For Financial gain – Sugarcane juice
For reducing enmity – Sarson oil
For gain of children – Milk
For health improvements – Kusha jal
3. Chant Rudhrastri path, Chamakam and Dasa Shanthi
4. Perform a puja, followed by Arti and offering of Prasad to the deity
Note: Maha Shivratri is one of the most auspicious day to perform Kal Sarp Dosh puja.
We, at Shubhpuja.com ease the whole experience of this great day for all the devotees.It is the right time to address all your problems and seek the Lord’s blessings for a brighter and better tomorrow.
So log on to http://www.shubhpuja.com right away and conquer all your evils this Maha Shivratri!