Shubhpuja was covered in the Hindustan Times feature.
“I started the portal last year after watching a friend’s mother struggle to arrange for the last rites for her husband,” says Saumya Vardhan, of shubhpuja.com, who now plans to expand into last-rites travel packages too. “In a time of grief, I wanted to offer a service that would guarantee timely and stress-free rituals at a fixed rate, accessible with utmost convenience.”
‘Shiv’ means the destroyer of bad karmas and ‘linga’ means to mark or sign which symbolize the Supreme God. So literally ‘Shivling’ is referred as the sacred symbol of Lord Shiva. In real terms, Shiv-Linga is a symbol or sign of duality (dual character) of the pious Shiva and his cosmic universal energy. It is a process defining the creation of mortals within the omnipresent and omnipotent Universe.
Shivling is known for its purity, thus it consists of immense energy and radiates it when adored. The worshipping of shivling by washing it with water and chanting the mantras is commonly called as Rudrabhishiek or Shivling Abhishek Puja. This is especially done from pure milk, curd, ghee, sugar, mustard oil etc; significantly during the Hindu month of Shravan.
Why to perform Rudrabhishiek Puja?
The Shivling releases frequencies of Knowledge (dhyan), devotion (bhakti) and detachment (vairagya) which is experienced during puja. It is said that this energy has been gathered through ‘sagar manthan’ in which Lord Shiva consumed the dangerous poison Halahal to save the humanity from destruction.
Performing Rudrabhishek Puja and chanting Maha Mrityuanjay mantras dispels ignorance by spreading the light of knowledge, and blesses the beings with wisdom and happiness.
How to perform Rudrabhishiek Puja?
Devotees worship Lord Shiva and his ‘Shivling with devotion and faith to seek the grace and happiness. Let’s make the Shivling Abhishek easy for you by just following few steps.
- The size of lingam for home puja should not exceed the breadth of your three right hand fingers joined together, accompanied with snake and Nandi.
- The place from where the water is poured on the shivling and is drained must be facing North or East.
- The devotee should start the puja by chanting ‘Om Namah Shivaye’.
- Use bel leaves and not tulsi while offering to the lingam.
- The panchamrit is offered made from any five ingredients out of- Gangajal, honey, sugarcane juice, milk, yogurt, ghee, sea water, coconut water, milk, fragrant oils, rose water or other precious liquids.
- After doing Panchamrit Abhishek, the lingam is cleaned by pouring Gangajal over it.
- Then trident is made on the shivling using normal sandal wood paste or asta gandha.
- After that sweets, coconut, flowers and fruits are offered to the Lord and camphor and incense sticks are also are lit and ‘arati’ is conducted.
- If you keep a Shivling at home it should be accompanied by a constant flow of water or jaldhara, to maintain the serene and cool environment around it.
- Finally, ringing of bells indicates the end of Puja and fruits, sweets and coconut are distributed as ‘prasadam.’
Book your Rudrabhishek Puja package now: http://www.shubhpuja.com/product/rudrabhishiek-puja/
Sharing the entrepreneurial skills and success of shubhpuja.com so far, the CEO and Founder Saumya Vardhan was covered by ‘we are the city’ among female entrepreneurs.
In the stressful and competitive life people are moving towards artificial lifestyle rather than natural living. Due to continuous dependency on machines, our natural body processes are hampered which often leads to some or the other health issues. But remember few health issues are also caused due to imbalance in the Vastu, so by following few measures and taking precautionary steps the health problems can be resolved.
- Brahmasthan should not be depressed, as it is the meeting point of all the energies from different direction. Heavy objects, lifts, stairs and toilets are strictly prohibited in the centre zone.
- A temple or a small courtyard can be made in the brahmasthan of the house or even a living room or hall can be made for small houses.
- Make sure that there are no heavy beams running through the centre, as they may lead to health problems.
- The east and south-east direction of the house should also be checked, as it should stay clean and clutter free for healthy living of the inmates.
- Hang a crystal chandelier in the central area, preferably with five bulbs. Installation of a Reiki-charged crystal grid in the brahamsathan keeps the whole house energised.
- If your house faces south with a slope towards that direction, or if the generator room is to the north-east and the underground water tank is in south-east, the possibility of health problems does exist.
- Make sure that the gate along the south wall always remains shut. The boundary wall should be as high as the gate. Place an image of Lord Hanuman facing south and also grow citrus plants on either side of the gate.
- Shift the generator towards northwest or south-east and the water tank to the north of north-east. Burning a candle in the patient room for a couple of weeks is a must too.
- If the kitchen is not located in the fire zone, i.e. south-east, the occupants are vulnerable to health disorders.
- Lighting a candle or diyas in the fire zone daily becomes as important for good health as sleeping with your head aligned towards the south.
- For maintaining good health and recovery from ailments, recite Mahamrituanjaya mantra for about 108 times daily.
- Sleeping on your left is recommended for ‘vata’ and ‘kapha’ constitutions, sleeping on your right is recommended for ‘pitta’ constitutions.
The divine act of ‘puja’ or also known as ‘pooja’ refers to the ceremonial worship by making an offering to the image of God, as per the definition in encyclopaedia. The act performed by majority of us in our daily routine, yet very few of us realizes the true meaning of puja. It is an art of expressing our reverence and gratitude to the divine energy, by performing various rituals. It is a pious way of communication between our soul and its true master.
As our physical mind needs an image to register its meaning, therefore varied objects like painting, idol, print, nature element or other such symbols are used as a source of interacting with God. Remember, the source is not the supreme energy itself, rather, it is believed to be filled with the cosmic energy of the universe.
Literally the two letter word ‘PU-JA’, meaning ‘Pushpam’ and ‘Jal’ denotes offering flowers and water to deity while reciting his name. It is also interpreted in a higher spiritual definition where PU means ‘purusha’ and JA means ‘Janma’; thus an act of giving birth or to awaken. ‘Purnaat jayate iti puja’, i.e. something which is born (jayate – ja) out of fullness (purnaat – pu)’. Thus puja is a divine act of expressing our love and gratitude to our ultimate source and connecting with the abundant energy.
The presence of exuberant and lively events in life breaks the monotony and also provides an opportunity to get over our issues and share the blissful moments with everyone. India being a multi-cultural country, it is best known for its variety of festivals and celebrations throughout the year; which even leads to numerous events on a single day. As according to the solar calendar, the North Indians rejoice the fun-filled celebration of Baisakhi on 13th or 14th of April every year but this date is also significant due to so many other major events. Let’s explore a few of them along with the true meaning of this festival.
Auspicious Day for other Cultures:
- ‘Rongali Bihu’ in Assam, ‘Naba Barsha’ in Bengal, ‘Puthandu’ in Tamil Nadu and ‘Pooram Vishu’ in Kerala is also cherished widely on the same day as Baisakhi.
- It is marked as a day of enlightenment or Nirvana of Lord Budha, so considered highly valuable for Buddhists.
- Both the Bengalis and Sikh communities mark this day as New Year or Nab Varsha, so revere it with faith and enjoyment.
- Hindus believe that Goddess Ganga descendent on mother Earth, thousands of years ago; so many of them gather at the religious banks of river Ganga for a holy dip on this day to honour her presence.
- Swami Dayanand Sarsawati founded the reverend Arya Samaj Mission on this day in 1875 and created history for the forthcoming years.
- The day of celebration for farmers as it marks the time for harvest of rabi crops.
- 14th April is also observed as the birth anniversary of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar.
Religious significance for Sikh community:
High religious sentiments of Sikhs are attached to this festival because it was on this very day in 1699, the tenth Sikh Guru- Guru Gobind Singh Ji created oneness among humanity by organizing Khalsa Pantha (Order of the pure ones). He also named his 5 most beloved devotees as ‘Panj Piare’ after the pious baptism ceremony with Amrit (sacred nectar of immortality).
So this date holds a number of significant events on the memorable chapters of history and provides a reason of celebration for all the communities in India. Special Baisakhi fairs and Nagar Kirtan processions are organized along with music, dance, food and gracious blessings.
The varied perspectives about gemstones and their relevance are quite intricate as more than rational justification, the personal testing is considered appropriate. Highlighting the craze of gemstones we head back to the great hall in which beautiful empress Cleopatra had received the Roman Emperor Julius Caesar, which was decorated with furniture studded with rare gems and Jewels. Even in recent history, the Peacock throne of the Moghuls was studded with jewels of all kind and had attracted many invaders. So be it any era throughout the world, the magical effects of gems have been witnessed.
Being of different colours and lustre, the gemstones work on the concept of colour therapy. The seven colours of VIBGYOR along with the infrared and ultra violet invisible colours, affects the human system differently. It is important to note that the wavelength of coloured light emanating from the nine planets is believed to match those radiating from each planet’s corresponding gemstone. A particular stone absorbs all kind of solar and cosmic energy and allows only a particular type of energy to pass through it; which is then absorbed by the body. If prescribed properly, this actually helps the individual in restoring the body balance and attaining self-improvement.
Other relevance of Gemstones:
The glittering gemstones are considered the secret to happiness, fortune, health and monetary bliss in life. As the ancient Gemological texts of India explain that white light is actually composed of nine colours, symbolic of the nine planets, so the particular planets radiate their energy and influence through colours. Depending upon the position of the moon sign in a particular sign of the Zodiac at the time of birth, a particular gem is allotted. Now theses gemstones are not a sure shot success mantra, if you think, but it adds on to the continuous effort of an individual and further helps to receive positive fruits. Stones have a capacity to remove the hurdles caused by faulty positioning of planets, which may halt the success in one’s life.
Gem and planetary impact:
Ruby – Red colour energy improves courage, self-confidence, blood circulation and vitality, reduces anaemia, liver and gallbladder complaints, bowel problems and skin and heart diseases. It strengthens will and purpose as the forces guiding one’s actions.
Emerald – Green colour energy is referred to encourage swiftness and freshness, as it is a nature colour that provides happiness, peace and reduces restlessness. Beneficial for wealth and property matters; and cures insomnia and depression.
Yellow Sapphire – Yellow colour energy stands for wisdom, ambition, science, and confidence; and it attracts fame, health and success to the wearer. It raises one’s vibration to the higher side of the nature and promotes actions born from a sense of duty and humanity.
Pearl – White colour energy denotes peace, simplicity, soft nature and friendship; deepens one’s emotional feeling and emotional healing. It aids in memory enhancement, cures uterine disorders, heart trouble and eye diseases, hysteria and pleurisy etc. It also increases sexual strength, removes melancholy and increases fortune.
Blue Sapphire – Blue sapphire brings mental peace and financial rewards to the afflicted person. It is the fastest working gemstone among the 9 planetary gemstones. It fortifies one’s acceptance of responsibility and one’s sense of duty. It simplifies life and encourages thrift and the reduction of the need for personal pleasure and satisfaction.
Diamond – It is said that the one who wears a diamond has a luxurious life. Diamond is supposed to enhance the name, fame and artistic quality of the person who wears it according to old beliefs. It improves stomach disorders, migraine, and cataract and helps in Soothing effect on the eyes, ears and the nervous system. It gives vitamin K. Controls pituitary glands.
Cat’s Eye- This gemstone protects its wearer from hidden enemies, sudden dangers and diseases. It may enhance one’s psychic abilities, insights, mysticism and perception of the paranormal. It may inspire one to adopt a simpler lifestyle and gravitate more toward asceticism and austerity.
The faith on this unique art may vary but if you truly believe in it, and adopt a particular prescribed gemstone, then they surely work in your favour.
Contributed By: Meenakshi Ahuja