The zodiacal sign of Gemini –the Twins- commences on May 21st, being cusped by
the power of previous sign, it completely comes into power on or about May28th. From this date it is full strength until June 20th.
- People born in this zodiac sign are dual in character and mentality; therefore called Gemini-the twins.
- The twin sides of their nature are perpetually pulling in opposite directions.
- Their brains are subtle and brilliant, but they usually lack continuity of purpose.
- They are highly difficult to understand; in temperament they are hot and cold almost the same time.
- They are mentally very quick and keen, and in all matters where a subtle mentality is needed they can out distance all rivals.
- They seldom, themselves, know what they want to achieve. At heart they are ambitious for social positions; but when obtained they have already trued it and are ready to go for something totally opposite.
- They believe they are truthful, constant, faithful, and so they may be at the moment, but every moment to them has a separate existence.
- They quickly see the weak points in those they meet, and can reduce all to nothing by wit, sarcasm, or mimicry.
- They can make clever actors, lawyers, lecturers, and a certain class of public speakers, all those who play a changing role in life’s drama.
- They have an amazing sense of will power, if they force themselves to stick to one thing, then they generally make brilliant successes of whatever they undertake in any sphere of life.
- They often succeed the best as far as money is concerned, on the Stock Exchange or as a Company; they get wealth in a business.
- They are more generous to individuals than to institutions, for they act on impulse in giving as in everything else they do.
- They people generally have a rather long, narrow head and face; good, keen, sharp looking eyes. Their hands are usually long, thin or bony, restless or always doing something.
- They are very intellectual with a keen mentality that shows itself in anything they seriously take up.
- Their bond is the best with the people of their own period or from September 21 to October 20-27, or with people born in the centre of their own triangle, from November 21 to December 20-27.
- They are more inclined to suffer from what concerns nervous system than anything else; and have delicate digestive organs.
- Their lucky colures are silver, glistening white, and all shimmering things.
- The birth stone for them are white and red cornelians, sapphires, diamonds and all glittering jewels.
After the unlimited debates and discussions over meat ban in our country, it’s necessary to revive the age old traditions and sentiments of Indians attached with the ‘sacred cows’. Being an important ingredient of hamburger, and holding tons of nutritional and protein value in terms of cost; yet the other virtues of cows cannot be ignored.
Cow, the ever known symbol of the Earth– the giver and the nourisher; represents the generous attitude and demands nothing in return. It’s a symbol of grace and abundance and inspires the people to adapt the virtues of gentleness and love for nature. Even our own Vedas have an important mention about wish fulfilling cow- Kamadhenu.
The nutritious milk of cow is a source of curing numerous diseases, and an easy remedy of dysentery, inflammation, and so on. To get rid of the problem of obesity, cow’s milk has been proved to be the most effective solution. Along with milk, cow is also a source of cream, yogurt, cheese, butter and ice cream, ghee and buttermilk. It gives entirely of itself through sirloin, ribs, rump, porterhouse and beef stew. Its bones are the base for soup broths and glues. It gives the world leather belts, leather seats, leather coats and shoes and what not.
Even the waste of cow i.e. urine and dung has its own magical qualities. The urine consists of high quantity of sulphur and mercury, which is used in variety of Ayurveda medicines. Cow dung is an effective disinfectant and still used as a source of fuel and manure for plantation.
Mahatma Gandhi once said, “One can measure the greatness of a nation and its moral progress by the way it treats its animals. Cow protection to me is not mere protection of the cow. It means protection of all that lives and is helpless and weak in the world. The cow means the entire subhuman world.”
The good fortune and the selfless attitude of the innocent animal is enough to melt the heart of inhumane beings and spare these lovely creatures. Our Rig Vedas also demands us to save the life of this pleasant existence.
Contributed By: Meenakshi Ahuja
The initial step in relation to lines of the hand is, that they should be clear and well-marked, neither broad nor pale in colour, and that they should be free from all breaks, islands or irregularities of any kind.
- Very pale lines indicate the want of robust health and even the lack of energy and decisions.
- Lines red in colour indicate the sanguine, hopeful disposition; they show an active, robust temperament.
- Yellow lines, as well as being indicative of biliousness and liver trouble, are indicators of a nature self- contained, reserved, and proud.
- Lines very dark in colour, almost black, tell of a melancholy, grave temperament, and also indicate a haughty, distant nature, one usually very revengeful and unforgiving.
- Branches rising from any line accentuate its power and strength, but all branches descending denote the reverse.
- At the commencement of Line of heart, the rising lines are most important while considering the success of marriage for the subject.
- A chained formation in any line is a weak sign; if on the line of heart it denotes weakness and changeability of affection; if on the line of head, want of fixity of ideas, and weakness of intellect.
- Breaks in any line denotes it failure.
- A wavy formation weakens the power of the line.
- Capillary lines are those little hair lines running by the side of the main line, sometimes joining it, sometimes falling from it; they denote weakness, like the chained formation.
- When the entire hand covered with a network or multitude of little lines running all over aimlessly, it betrays the mental worry, a highly nervous temperament, and a troubled nature.
Moon, the symbol of purity, tranquility and calmness is considered highly reverend. Celebrating the appearance of moon after Amavasya (New moon day) and adoring it is referred as Chandra Darshan. Devotees fast for the entire day and usually break their fast after viewing the moon.
- On this day the Moon holds special significance as it is difficult to spot it, being in the same horizon as Sun.
- The God of Moon is considered highly important as per Vedic astrology; and is also worshipped because of its fluctuating trait.
- Moon is a symbol of femininity, happiness, beauty, memory and wisdom; true signs to be worshipped.
- Chandra Darshan is also attached with the attainment of salvation and attaining blessings for self and family.
- All our senses are controlled by the mind and the mind is ruled by the moon. Thus adoring the moon keeps the mind and senses in control.
- Worshipping the moon cures the problem of weak eyesight and brings a glow on the face.
This year the Bhadrapada Maas Chandra Darshan falls on the 14th of September, so remember to see it 🙂
The number 5 stands for the Planet Mercury, and is versatile in all its characteristics. Number 5 people are those born on 5th, 14th, and 23rd in any month, but their characteristics are still more marked if they are born in what is called the ‘period of the 5’ which is from 21st May to June 20th -27th, and from 21st August to September 20th-27th.
- These people make friends easily and get on with persons born under almost any number.
- They are mentally very highly strung. They live on their nerves and appear to crave excitement.
- They are quick in thought and decisions, and impulsive in their actions.
- They detest any plodding kind of work and seem naturally to drift into all methods of making money quickly. They have a keen sense of making money by inventions and new ideas.
- They are born speculators, prone to Stock exchange transactions, and are generally willing to run risks in all they undertake.
- They have the most wonderful elasticity of character. They rebound quickly from the heaviest blow; nothing seems to affect them for very long, like their symbol Mercury.
- If by nature they are good they remain so; if bad, not all the preaching in the world will make the slightest effect on them.
- They should endeavor to carry out their plans and aims on all day that fall under their own number such as 5th, 14th, or 23rd.
- The days of the week more fortunate for them are Wednesday and Friday, especially if their own number falls on one of these days.
- Their greatest drawback is that they exhaust their nervous strength to such an extent that they often fall victims to nervous breakdowns of the worst kind and under mental tensions.
- Their lucky colours are all shades of light grey, white, and glistening materials, but just as they can make friends with people born under all kinds of numbers, so they can wear all shades of colours. Yet avoid dark colours as far as possible.
- Their lucky stone is diamond, and all the glittering or shimmering things like platinum or silver.