Day: April 17, 2018
The daily update of the planetary positions as per time, place and circumstances. The planet transit chart is as per 5:30 am, New Delhi.
Religious rituals are incomplete without the help of some specific substances called the Puja Samagri. These are necessary in offering prayers to God. These items not only help in the religious rituals but also act as an important link in seeking the grace of God through the medium of religious rituals .
It is important to understand the spiritual importance of each item present in the Puja Samagri, as it enhances the spiritual emotion towards the ritual being performed. The items present in the list are flowers, vermilion, turmeric, sandalwood paste, betel nut, akshatā, coconut, panchakhadya, camphor, incense sticks, basil etc. Let us learn in detail the importance of each of them.
- Water of the seven Holy Rivers: namely, Ganga, Godavari, Narmada, Kaveri, Krushna, Brahmaputra, and Yamuna are considered holy rivers. Water from any one of these rivers is used for performing the abhishek of god, as they transit the sound frequencies of their speed & expanse in the environment, which purifies the atmosphere of the area where puja is being performed.
- Turmeric and Vermilion: turmeric being a root has the frequencies of earth in it and Vermilion is prepared from turmeric. These two are offered to the deities, so the worshipper also benefits from the frequencies of earth in them, as well as from the frequencies of gods.
- Sandalwood Gandha: when gandha is applied to the midbrow region of the deity the Surya nadi is activated, which also activates the person performing the rituals.
- Akshatā (Energised rice): has the ability to attract the frequencies of the five gods in the universe (Ganapati, Durgadevi, Shiva, Shri Ram & Shri Krishna), to activate them, akshatā is sprinkled on every component used in the ritual.
- Betel Leaf & Betel nut: Betel leaf has the ability to attract frequencies of the earth and the Brahma region that is why it is used as a link in connecting the two regions.
Betel nut is a perfect blend of particles of the Earth & Water; it serves as the chief medium for the exchange of frequencies between a deity and the follower.
- Coconut: is the most auspicious fruit, and has the ability to attract generous (Divine) frequencies.
- Panchkhadya (5 fruits and a piece of solid turmeric): are used in the puja since they represent the five cosmic elements which are required for offering the ritual
- Flowers: with their fragrance, attract the attention of the deities.
- Incense stick: has the ability to absorb the subtle fragrance emitted by the deities. When incense sticks are lit, the fragrance attracted from the deities is also emitted along with its own fragrance.
- Camphor: The scent generated by burning camphor has the ability to attract messengers of lord Shiva. These messengers keep the negative energies in the premises under control.
- Basil: leaves are considered pure & they make the surroundings sacred. That is why it is advised to keep a basil plant at home.
Before commencing, the rituals it is important to arrange these items in a thali, based on the level of five cosmic elements. This arrangement balances & coordinates the cosmic elements that are active in the universe, helping them to provide their followers with the maximum benefit of the puja performed.