Diwali or Deepawali is the festival of lights. We all are eager to celebrate the festival of lights which is the best festival as well as opportunity to please Mother Mahalakshmi, the eternal consort of Sri Hari Vishnu who is served by millions of Lakshmi as servants.
Diwali is called Mahanisha or a great night whereby the energies or the Ten Mahavidyas and other things roam here and there freely. Srimati Lakshmi comes to this material world to listen to the prayers of her devotees and bless them with immense amount of wealth.
We, at shubhpuja present you the most authentic and practical method of Diwali puja.
Items of puja
Diwali puja needs the following items.
- Lord Ganesha and Goddess Lakshmi Photo
- Diwali Puja Book
- Red cloth
- chandan powder
- 16 shringar- Mehandi, Comb, Nail polish, Kajal, Lipstick, bangles, Bindi, Mirror, Itrae etc.
- Dhoop stick
- kamal gatta
- Sarvoshadhi – ten following herbs
- Sapt-Mritika – mud collected from 7 places
a. Horse Stable
b. Elephant Stable
c. Cow Shelter
d. Ant Heap
e. River confluence
g. Royal Palace
Method of worship
The method of worship is simple and is as follows.
- One must take a bath and wear new and fresh cloth. If possible, one must apply Vishnu tilak on his forehead.
- The selection of Muhurtam is to be done. This year, the auspicious muhurtam is
Lakshmi Puja Muhurta = 18:27 to 20:09Duration = 1 Hour 42 Mins
Pradosh Kaal = 17:33 to 20:09
Vrishabha Kaal = 18:27 to 20:22
- One must spread a clean red cloth on a chawki and place the idols of Lakshmi Ganesh in them and must wipe them with a clean wet cloth. They must face east.
- Take a fresh coconut and wrap around a red cloth with a mauli and put them on a water filled copper kalash wish five mango leaves on the top.
- One must make Om and Swastik on the kalash. One must make nine heaps of rice near the kalash and draw swastik nearby.
- One must make 16 small heaps of rice near Lord Ganesha and worship them.
- Take a thali. Make Swastik and put Supari, sarvaoshadhi, saptmatrika and everything on it except Achamani, agarbatti, dhoop and puja book.
- One must light ghee and oil lamps before them and worship them.
- One must offer fresh flowers, rice and laung to them.
- One must sing Lakshmi aarti and Ganesh aarti and offer lamps to them.
- One must offer sweets to Lord Vishnu and Lakshmi and then to Lord Ganesha.
- One must sing various bhajans and then, put the lamps in the house.
For more detailed information, please contact us at http://www.shubhpuja.com.