Maha Mrityunjaya Yantra is representation of Lord Shiva and by worshipping one can escape from miseries and troubles of this materialistic world as well as the problems related to inner soul. The worship of this yantra is said to give freedom from the fear of death, grave dangers and fatal diseases and makes one courageous and healthy.
The mantra is repeated for twenty one times in a morning.
The mantra for recital is:-
” Om Trayambakam Yajamahe Sugandhim Pushti Vardhanam
Urwarukmiv bandhanaan Mrityormuksheey Maamritaat “
Benefits of Mahamrityunjaye Yantra/Mantra
- The worship of this yantra is said to give freedom from the fear of death, grave dangers and fatal diseases and makes one courageous and healthy.
- Regular chanting will protect you from sudden death, accidents, famine, misfortunes of any kind, calamity and unexplained situations.
- Worshipping of Maha Mrityunjaya Yantra frees a person from miseries and troubles of life.
- This Yantra is also very helpful in pacifying the Negative effects of planets Rahu & Ketu if they are wrongly placed or are forming any bad Yoga like Kaal Sarp Dosha in a person’s horoscope.
- If a person is sick or is on death bed then the use of Mahamritunjay Mantra and the use of Shri Mahamritunjay Yantra gives one health and longnity.
How to do worship by this yantra
- The installation of Maha Mrityunjaya Yantra on Monday is good.
- Place the Yantra facing the West in a clean and sacred altar.
- Light a candle or ghee lamp and an incense stick in front of the Yantra. You can offer fresh or dry fruits as Prasad, as well.
- Periodically wash the Yantra with water or milk. Then, rinse it with water and wipe it to dry.
- Take a glass of water, sit facing east, pray to Lord Shiva, close the top of the glass with your right hand palm, chant the mantra for 1008 times
- It’s a lifesaving Mantra and should be chanted with sincerity, faith and devotion. Best time to chant is early morning hours (Brahma Muhurta), around 4.00AM.
Where to place it
- This yantra should be established on Monday.
- This yantra keep it in your Home/Office and Shop.
- Yantra may be placed facing west corner of the house.