Our body comprises of three elements Vata (air), Pitta (bile) and Kapha. The element of heat which circulates in our body is termed as Pitta. This Pitta element is responsible for the movement of nutrition and the bodily functions related to balance of body temperature. An equitable balance among three doshas, provide vitality and health to human beings.
But when any one of them is disturbed, it upsets the equilibrium and we stand suffering from variety of diseases. According to Vedic treaties in Vedic astrology, the movement in zodiac and transit effect of planetary influence is largely responsible for such health issues.
Pitta plays a vital role in the movement of nutrition on the body. Pitta forms the major element of importance in the digestive system of human body. As per ayurvedic texts, the number of diseases due to Pitta disturbance are 20 in number since they involve malfunctioning of the digestive aspect of the system.
The Pitta element of the body is divided into five types, each of which is located in different parts of the body. The five types of Pitta are
|S.No.||Subtypes of Pitta||Locations||Actions|
|1.||Pachaka||Lower part of stomach and small intestine||Digestion|
|2.||Ranjaka||Liver, spleen, stomach||Formation of blood|
|3.||Sadhaka||Heart / Brain||Effect on mental function – fear/bravery, calmness / anger confusion / clarity|
|5.||Bhrajaka||Skin||Temperature regulation, sweating, color and complexion|
Pitta element is located in the Liver, which secretes the digestive juices moving into stomach.
Pitta plays important role in regulating the digestive processes in the body and ensure that nutrition reaches to every part of our body.
As per Vedic astrology, there are some planets and their associated zodiac signs which are associated with the Pitta element. The planets and the zodiac signs have fire element as their essential principle and hence, they become pitta planets. They are as follows:
Zodiac signs: Aries, Leo, Sagittarius, Scorpio
Planets: Mars, the Sun, Jupiter (secondary), Ketu.
These planets have their central element of support as fire and hence, when they become the Lagna planet or have an effect on the central houses of the Kundali chart, the influence of these planets causes disturbance or regulation of Pitta in the body of the individual. Depending upon their own positions in the Kundali, these planets have their multiple effects on the Pitta element and hence, the effect can be seen in microscopic form.
There are six tastes as per ayurvedic texts, viz. Sweet, Sour, Salty, Bitter, Hot and Astringent. The tastes are beneficial for Pitta balancing are sweet, astringent and bitter and the other aggravate Pitta. Diet comprising of sweet, bitter and astringent taste shall be helpful in the balancing of Pitta.
Properties of Pitta:
The physical characteristics of a Pitta person are:
- Frame: Moderate.
- Weight: Moderate.
- Skin: Soft, oily, warm & yellowish.
- Hair: Soft, oily & goes Grey early.
- Teeth: Moderate, soft and bleeding gums.
- Eyes: Sharp, Grey or Yellow.
- Forehead: Moderate with folds.
- Neck: Medium.
- Eye lashes: Small, thin and fine.
- Nose: Medium.
- Voice: High pitch, sharp, moderate & good.
- Speech: Sharp, clear and cutting.
- Nails: Soft and Pink.
- Sweating: Profuse but not enduring.
- Faeces: Soft and loose.
- Urine: Profuse and Yellow.
- Pulse rate: Moderate, jumps like a frog.
- Physical activity: Moderate.
- Sleep: Little but sound.
- Thirst: High.
- Appetite: Good and sharp.
- Joints: Loose.
- Circulation: Good.
- Endurance: Moderate but focused.
- Habits/Hobbies: Likes competitive sports, debates, politics, hunting and research.
- Tendency to contract disease (type): Disease of heat infection, blood and liver.
- Tendency to spend: Spends moderately and methodically.
The mental characteristics of a Pitta person are:
- Mind: Aggressive and intelligent.
- Emotion: Aggressive and irritable.
- Faith: Determined.
- Memory: Sharp.
- Dream Running: Fiery, angry, passionate & swimming.
- Mental nature: Intelligent, argumentative & convincing.
- Neurotic tendencies: Angry, irritable and contentious.
- Temperament: Motivated.
- Positive emotions: Courage
- Negative emotions: Anger.
Signs of increased Pitta in a person:
- Yellowish appearance in urine, faeces, skin, eyes (jaundice).
- Sharp hunger (even more so than usual).
- Sharp thirst (even more so than usual).
- Burning sensations.
- Little sleep, fiery and angry.
Signs of de-creased Pitta in a person:
- Feeling of coldness.
- Glow of texture of the skin goes down.
The methods to balance Pitta are just opposite to the nature of Pitta. The regular use of Indian Cow Ghee helps a lot in regulation of Pitta.
Gem therapy is highly beneficial in regulating Pitta. Based on horoscope analysis, use of stones like Ruby, Yellow Sapphire, Cats eye and red coral can greatly improve Pitta Dosha.
In our ancient literature, there are numerous pujas/yagnas which can be performed for regulating Pitta or other doshas.
For more details on Gem Therapy or Puja, you can visit our website www.shubhpuja.com