The zodiacal sign of Cancer commences on June, 21st, but for seven days, being overlapped by the previous sign, it does not come into full power until on or about June 28th. It is in full strength until on or about July 20th.
The sign of cancer- the crab, was so called by the ancients because the sun at this time of the year appears to advance and retreat in the heavens like actions of a crab.
- These people are full of contradictions; they have deep home interests, but are at the same time restless, and have a decided longing for travel and change.
- They succeed in making their homes and their domestic life.
- They are generally over anxious in financial matters, and make great efforts to gather in money, as a rule, they have unusual ups and downs in their life.
- They are inclined to speculate, so as to make money quickly but in all the gambles they generally lose, whereas in business they are as a rule most successful.
- They are industrious and hardworking in all they undertake, but from the standpoint of chance or luck they are seldom fortunate.
- They are generally gifted with strong imaginations, and often make excellent artists, writers, composers, or musicians.
- At heart they are romantic and of a very loving and affectionate disposition.
- They have a great dislike of being dictated to, but are most devoted and faithful when treated with confidence.
- They have the most sensitive nature and if not understood, they quickly give up or get depressed and melancholy.
- They often make excellent psychics, and usually have a yearning after the mysterious.
- They should never marry young, for their nature seems to change at different stages of life.
- People born in this zodiac often reach very high exalted positions. In their home lives, however, they usually go through a great deal of trouble, and are seldom surrounded by great happiness, no matter how successful they may appear in the eye of the world.
- They have deep love for what they call “their own people,” for family customs and tradition.
- They are chiefly inclined towards gastric troubles, and they should be extremely careful in regard to shellfish and such things.
- The colours most in harmony for them are all shades of green, and cream and white.
- The birth stones most favourable for this period are pearls, diamonds, opals crystals, cat’s eyes, and moonstones.