Though the regular trimming of our nails makes it a futile part, yet it holds great significance for study of palmistry as well as a health study guide. Often a patient does not know, or for the moment forgets, what his parents have suffered or died from; but the deep examination of the nails will disclose important hereditary traits. Most important part, the care of the nails doesn’t not alter or affect their type.
- In disposition, long nailed individuals are less critical and more impressionable than these with short nails.
- They show more calmness and resignation in every way.
- They portray artistic nature, and are fond of poetry, painting and fine arts.
- The broad and long nails indicate a pugnacious disposition, also a tendency to worry and interfere in other people’s life.
- They indicate the lack of physical strength, and the person is more liable to suffer from chest and lung trouble.
- Long nails, very wide at the top and bluish in appearance, denote dead circulation proceeding from ill-health, or nervous prostration. Especially in the case of women between the ages of 14 and 21, and 42 and 47.
- Thin and small nails denote delicate health and want of energy.
- They are extremely critical, even of things relating to self. More inclined towards logic, reason and facts.
- They are quicker, sharper, and keener in their judgement; and fond of debate and arguments.
- Short and small nails run in those families in which there is a tendency towards heart trouble.
- Short nails, very flat and sunken into the flesh at base, show nerve disorders.
- These people have a greater tendency to suffer from heart trouble and from complaints affecting the trunk and lower limbs.