The colourful hues of love, the pouring drops of peace, the aroma of togetherness and the festive joy of unity in diversity define the warm happiness of HOLI. Abiding by the deep rooted culture and traditions, every day is a joyous fiesta in India; where the festival of colours remains in the priority list forever. Celebrated on a full moon day, in the month of ‘Phalgun‘, the festival is not only a triumph of good over evil but also a celebration of spring and commemorates various events in Hindu mythology.
Apart from the usual grand party celebration with friends and family or other cultural merriment, why not be different than others and spread the true-spiritual and scientific message of Holi among all.
- The eternal epitome of faith and devotion, Prahlad inspires us to be a selfless devotee and surrender ourselves in the arms of holy master. Take a pledge this Holi to give away all your worries to Almighty and become a committed disciple.
- Remember the reverential relationship between Lord Krishna- Radha and Gopiya? Kindly don’t take them as an excuse and lure innocent beings, as it’s every body’s freedom of choice to be or not to be a part of celebration. Don’t compel others.
- Consuming alcohol or intoxicant substances was never a traditional norm of Holi. Keeping the gun at the shoulders of traditional values is a sin. Drench in the bounty of Supreme energy rather than noxious products.
- Holika Dahan is a natural remover of bacteria from atmosphere and body but also a reason for deforestation. Pool in for few Holika bonfires in your city rather than burning it individually.
- It’s a festival of colours not of harmful chemicals. Be natural and play safe; just don’t go for hazardous colours available in the market.
- Realize the significance of water and have some mercy on the water deficient areas. Don’t douse each other with buckets of water or water balloons, either save it for your future generations.
- Share the happiness of Holi with under privileged kids or neglected old people; spread the valuable message of love by a small celebration with them. It will make a difference.
- Your mom or grandma will surely prepare the special food delicacies at home, distribute a little with famished kids on the foot paths or streets. You might not value them as much as they will.
These tiny efforts from your end will spread a spark of happiness in the entire world and will also enlighten the future foundation of this country by teaching them the act of sharing and helping others. Be a change and set an example for your kids this Holi. Remember, even if you perform just few of the acts mentioned above, I don’t guarantee about worldly happiness but personal contentment will be sure.
Enlarge your spiritual celebration this Holi and book your package today- http://shubhpuja.com/Holikapujan-id-348503.html
Contributed By: Meenakshi Ahuja