Adoring and praising the creation of supreme Lord begets gratitude in the mortal beings. But in a world, where biasedness prevails in terms of caste, religion, colour, dialect and so on; the human beings have disregarded almighty and his beautiful creation. The true essence of humanity and kindness is overshadowed in the presence of abhorrence, cruelty and self-centred traits. Remembering those lovely lines of a poet, “Ek Umar Bhi Kam Hai Pyaar Ke Liye; Log Kaha Se Samay Nikal Lete Hai Nafrat Ke Liye”; meaning- Life is too short for love; where do people get time for hatred.
Getting far away from the base of life, we are indulged in the glittering world of materialism; i.e. the major cause of troubles and grief in our lives. When the matured beings are parting from the devotional feelings of remembering God then imagine the deteriorating culture among the new generations.
Yet here we highlight the worth of remembering God by adhering the holy Vedas and how they prove to be beneficial for us.
Significance of Vedic Worship:
Our Vedas are the source of living on the spiritual path, towards the supreme destination of existence. Performing the worship according to the rites and rituals helps us to celebrate and honour life every moment and also seek His blessings for prosperity and physical or mental well-being. The Vedic worship includes a combination of Mantra (recitation of Vedic mantras), Yantra (meditation on mystical representation of subtle energies) and Tantra (rituals of worship).
- The worship includes all the five Panchamahabhutas or the five elements of fire, water, earth, air and ether that represents the presence of ‘macro world’ within our ‘micro world’.
- It brings happiness and longevity in life by seeking the grace of Supreme Lord.
- By performing the worship, positive ambience is created by rejuvenating the entire space.
- Pujas and Homas being self-healing meditation techniques benefit an individual with a more ideal state of mind and body.
- It increases harmony in the family creating a significant decrease in emotional numbness.
- Vedic worship radiates increased IQ, better moral reasoning and emotional maturity among the people, who perform it.
- It is a self-cleansing ceremony that leads to active brain functioning, decreased cardiovascular disease and improved general health and blissful long life.
Most importantly, the worship as per Vedic rituals leads the devotees to seek fruitful blessings of the creator more than the latest short cut ways, available nowadays. No matter how far we progress, the realization and awareness about omnipresent and omniscient God is an essential dose for mortal life; and thanking Almighty every moment enlightens the humans on the spiritual path.
Contributed By: Meenakshi Ahuja