‘Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise’, a renowned saying is apt for the proper functioning of our body, mind and soul. An empty or distressed mind is the abode of evil energies and in today’s time the irregular living patterns have captivated the human peace and tied them in the dungeons of stress. A man once said, “Jeevan mei uthne ki nahi, jaagne ki avashyakta hai” meaning ‘It is more important to be awakened rather than getting up’. So the perfect moment to attain that state of awareness is during the rosy red hue of the ambrosial hours.
What is Brahma Muhurat?
The serene, calm and peaceful nectar time to experience the oneness with this supreme energy is known as Brahma Muhurat. One muhurat consists of 48 minutes i.e. 30 muhurats every day. Thus Brahma muhurat is said to be the second last muhurat before sunrise i.e. exactly 1 hour 36 minutes before sunrise which is generally between 4:00 am to 6:00 am. This period of dawn is essential for spiritual and learning activities as ‘Brahma’ means knowledge and ‘muhurat’ means perfect timing.
Significance of Brahma Muhurat:
We don’t need a special thanksgiving day in a year to appreciate the wonders of Almighty but live each day as one. Brahma muhurat is the suitable time to feel the beauty of nature and bring peace and freshness to the numerous flooding thoughts.
- The Sattvika content becomes dominant and imbibes within us by distracting us from the Rajas and Tamas gunas.
- The flow of Shushmana nadi increases and meditation further activates it.
- The concentration level reaches its peak and emits worries and tiredness.
- One is able to reach a higher state of consciousness which is in turn the awareness about the conscious state.
- According to Bhagavad Geeta, one whose ahara vihara is correct, whose activities and lifestyle is perfect and who sleeps and gets up perfectly will be free from all miseries.
- The morning powerful energies helps to get rid of 5 moral evils- Kaam(Lust), Krodh(Rage), Lobh(Greed), Moh(Attachment) & Ahankaar(Ego).
- According to Atharvaveda, a person who gets up in early morning will be free from diseases.
Modern Scientific Review:
- Brahma muhurat is considered as the rejuvenating time for the human body as the cardiac rhythm of sleeping and waking are regulated.
- The hormone ‘Melatonin’ is secreted more in darkness, especially during this period which helps to regulate the sexual function of the body.
- The dusk period is Vata dominating period and Vata dosha is helpful in promoting body movements both internal and external which helps in easy evacuation of bowel.
- Waking up early helps to resolve foetid smell in mouth, constipation, indigestion, laziness, and so many other body issues.
- To witness the sunrise, is a healthy act that showers essential vitamins and begins our peaceful day.
- The five layers of the atmosphere emit maximum energy at this time due to the cooling effect of the atmosphere, and help us to be more energetic.
“O traveller get up; it is dawn-it is not right that you continue sleeping. One who awakes, he
finds, One who is asleep, he loses. Get up and open your eyes from slumber and meditate on
your Master.”- Kabir Ji
Contributed By: Meenakshi Ahuja
This entry was posted in Astrology and tagged 1hour 36 minutes, Almighty God, ambrosial hours, ancestors, atmosphere cooling effect, attachment, auspicious, awareness, balance, Bhagavad Geeta, biological system, blessings, book now, bowel, brahma muhurat, brahma muhurtham, calmness, coverage, diseases, ego, elixir, greed, human body, knowledge, lust, peaceful, peacefull, perfect time, Sattva state, Sattvika content, scientific importance, serene, Shushmana nadi, significance, tensions, vata dosha, wisdom, worry.